• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:36 AM

A Brazillian rugby team (along with their families) was on their way home from an amazing victory. They had just won one of the highest honours in the world and were on their way home from Chile. However, as they passed over the Andes mountains (the longest mountain range in the world), a storm slowly passed over.

The two pilots temporarily lost sight and lost a wing to one of the many mountain tops. Soaring through the air with no control, the passenger plane quickly lost the other wing. Oblivious of their situation until now, the passengers are all in a panic. They all take their seats and, those that did not have their seat belts already on, frantically worked to fasten them.

Trying their best to bring this plane down, the pilots try their best to navigate. However, Mother Nature brandished even more of her fury as the tail of the plane (including the luggage cargo) is lost to two pincer shaped mountains. As the tail tumbles down the side of a random mountain, several passengers are pulled out of the passenger area. Despite being buckled in, several chairs are pulled out into the friggid mountain range, dragging unlucky passengers to their doom.

With a mighty THUD, the cockpit of the plane (as well as the passenger's bay) lands in the snow. It is mid-day and the sun is high in the sky. Despite the beating sun, it is freezing cold outside (what's left of) the plane.

All luggage is lost; only carry-ons are still in tact (and even then, some are still missing). A lot of the passengers are hurt as a result of the crash; deep flesh wounds, broken legs and arms, severe burns, etc.

Even though the rugby team's trainers have some medical experience, they are by no means doctors.

((Out of Character: This RP is in modern times (just incase there is still any doubt left). The Andies are a long range of mountains (some of the highest in the world). Temperatures here are absolutely brutal and avalanches spell almost certain doom. At night, it is suicide to stand outside.

While you're in this RP, don't be afraid to die. ^^;; It only makes sense that some people will die. If your character does die (by whatever means), you may always just assume the role of another character. An entire rugby team AND their families AND friends were on this plane. It's safe to assume there a lot of people.

I feel the rest of the information can be given out on a need-to-know basis. If there are any other questions, please, ask now. ^__^))

((Before you ask, yes, this was inspired by a movie. Whether the out-come will be similar or not is up to us. :)))

Edited by Squee, 13 May 2004 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:11 AM

Michelangelo stepped out of the plane and stretched his arms out to the menacing mountain tops. He was glad he was finally out of that stuffy plane and away from the annoying cries of pain from the other people. They needed to suck it up. Sure, it was cold out here but it's not all so bad. Those people with deep cuts...those'll heal in time and they probably won't get infected here; not out here.

He leaned over and picked up a handful of snow, letting it melt in his hand for a bit. Mmmm...the fresh, cold water on his skin felt so refreshing. He quickly popped the ice morceal into his mouth and left it to sit on his tongue, letting the cool water trickle down his throat.

Michelangelo stood a little over 6 feet tall. His dark-brown hair was long, curley and wild which complimented his "tough guy", leather jacket well. His facial hair remained stubled on his face as if to say "I don't care, make fun of me, I dare you." His eyes were a cold, steel-blue, lacking anything even remotely close to compassion.

From his pocket, Michelangelo pulled out his box of cigarettes and pulled a stick from it. He placed it in his mouth smoothly and switched the box for a lighter in his other pocket. Turning from the wind and cupping the tip of the cigarette, he quickly lighted it, dragging long and deeply.
Posted Image

#3 Y-DOC

Y-DOC
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

fred (who was still verry small) was very cold and scared. He was very used to urban life and did not know what to do. he reached in his poket and pulled out his gameboy, the batteries were fresh, so began to play. he soon grew bored and did not want to waste the batteries. He sees michelangelo begining to smoke his cigarette decides to go over to talk to him, after all he looks up to michelangelo. (despite them having no relation) he walks up to him and says "how are your wounds?" he looks at fred crossly but then begins to talk...

(im sorry if i was not supposed to join the rp)

#4 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:39 AM

From amongst the wreckage and carnage came Jared Wright, Jazza as he was known to the rest of the team stood at 6ft tall with broad shoulders, it's hard to see his blue eyes from the long dreads hanging over his face, his shirt was covered in blood some his, some people and team mates he had been trying to help.

Jazza is the teams openside flanker, the hardest worker/trainer in the whole team, his role on the field was to protect the ball when his team has it, and do ANYTHING in his power to get the ball off the opposition when they have it.

He notices two other passengers not too far away conversing, it is then he notices a trail of lost luggage which scattered a couple of hundred meters behind where the wreckage has come to a stop.

Not too dissimilar from his role on the rugby field he starts to work hard to retrieve them, scavenge them...

(hehe soz but i play top grade rugby in my city and could not resist, and it's our national sport, and if I've done it wrong sorry, but i am a rugby player after all :) )
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#5 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:20 PM

fred (who was still verry small) was very cold and scared. He was very used to urban life and did not know what to do. he reached in his poket and pulled out his gameboy, the batteries were fresh, so began to play. he soon grew bored and did not want to waste the batteries. He sees michelangelo begining to smoke his cigarette decides to go over to talk to him, after all he looks up to michelangelo. (despite them having no relation) he walks up to him and says "how are your wounds?" he looks at fred crossly but then begins to talk...

(im sorry if i was not supposed to join the rp)

((It's not a bad start. ^^

Usually, when you first post in an RP, you should give a detailed description of your character. Usually, this means what your character looks like but (often) it will include a brief history and touch base on the character's personality.

Second, you kind of controlled my character. I know it wasn't big...but you did and it's best not to get in that habit. You can't say what other people's characters are doing; you need to leave it up to them.

You said that Michelangelo looked "...at Fred crossly..." But...how do you know that he was angry? He might be a fan of children. XD
Anyways, I can understand why you would assume he would react like that...but it's still not proper form when you control characters without their owner's consent - it's called God-Modding.

Lastly, never be afraid to join RPs. ^___^

Unless it says specifically that it is for certain people, always assume that it's open!

P.S. Your grammar could use some work, too...but it's not a totally huge deal. Just a few capital letters.))

((To Thunderja, good start, as well. ^^ ...Could you maybe PM me with the positions involved in rugby? ^^;;; I don't know much about rugby. I only used it because the group of people in the movie Alive actually were a rugby team.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelangelo looked down at the kid and scoffed a bit, going back to his staring at the countless mountain tops.

"I'm fine kid. Why don't you go run off and play then?" he sneered as he flicked his lit cigarrette a ways off into the snow, watching it melt through the surface. Michelangelo knew smoking was bad for his health...but he could care less. However, he had least had enough moral to know not to smoke around children.

Slowly, his attention was turned to Jared and he shook his head. Why was he picking up the stuff now? What good would that do? He might as well sit back and enjoy a smoke; it'd do his nerves good.
Posted Image

#6 Y-DOC

Y-DOC
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:56 AM

(well it was obdvious that i had never done this before so im sorry for the inconvenience. should i add a description now?)

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

((I don't mind that you're new to RP'ing. ^^ It's always nice to see people brave enough to try new things.

You could probably get away with adding a description of your character somewhere in your next post.))
Posted Image

#8 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

Jazza is the teams openside flanker, the hardest worker/trainer in the whole team, his role on the field was to protect the ball when his team has it, and do ANYTHING in his power to get the ball off the opposition when they have it.

(hehe soz but i play top grade rugby in my city and could not resist, and it's our national sport, and if I've done it wrong sorry, but i am a rugby player after all :) )

(( Union or League? Cus that doesn't sound anything like League ))
(( P.S Gooooooooooooooooooooo BRUMBIES! ))
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#9 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:29 PM

(( Union or League? Cus that doesn't sound anything like League ))

Im a Kiwi :), Union is the only game i play due to the Openside flanker position, and the recent Warriors form in the NRL has not boosted local league clubs this year like it has previous, and is really not of a high standard anymore.

*for the roleplay need a couple more people to post please

Edited by Thunderja, 19 May 2004 - 10:31 PM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#10 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

(( BRUMBIES! BRUMBIES! BRUMBIES! BRUMBIES! Ehhehe, guess where my home city is? ^^;

I might involve myself in this little RP soonish, depends how busy I am ))
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#11 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:28 AM

The tremor awakens me from my slumber, the brightness still shines through the entrance of my cavern, so it wasnt the white stuff flowing down from above that caused me to be woken.

Cautiously I look out into the glare, but the flaming god still causes my eyes pain.

Not yet can I leave, but on the air I smell the stench that the furless ones from the places below carry with them, and yet it's mixed with another that I've not smelt before.

I hear the noises of death that the furless ones make, echoing through the range, my stomach growls in anticipation, but i cannot venture forth whilst the flaming god is awoken, i must wait for him to sleep.

I turn around heading back to my nest with eagerness, as i settle my head, visions of flesh fill my head and the drool slowly drips from my jowls onto my hand.....

#12 Y-DOC

Y-DOC
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:01 PM

talkng to michelangelo makes fred feel better but he is still very shooken. Fred is quite mentaly unstable. (he is prone to deprsstion and negetivity if pushed to the limit) Because of his depression problem and frail exterior fred is used to playing videogames and generally moping about the house. fred really did not want to come on the trip but they dragged him with because he needed to get out. He regrets ever coming because his parents are dead and he is where he hates most-- outside. Despite hardly being a stable human being, fred has kind of a sixth sense with animals, almost s if being able to comunicate with them...

(was that good?)

#13 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:41 PM

((It was great! ...But...err...I'd really appreciate if we all steered clear of those 'fantasy' elements. In this thread, there isn't going to be any real fantasy - dragons won't be flying around and there won't be any damsels in distress. I can see some characters with a good sense of 'fore-sight' but anything beyond that seems to...fantastic for a thread like this.

...Maybe watch your grammar a bit? ^^;; ))
Posted Image

#14 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

As she sun blazed in the sky, the survivors were slowly emerging. Some were dazed and confused, some stood distraught... others still were in shock, still refusing what had happened. Others didn't want to believe.

Some... some stood alone, while others grouped together. Grouped together for support, for consolation... or simply to feel less alone.

Candice

Candice was tall and, under other circumstances, would likely have been considered attractive. Her natural brown hair had been bleached blonde, though, as with many using such tactics, her roots were now beginning to show through. Her carefully done make up... well, now wasn't so impressive. Face powder and blusher had now long fallen from her face, no longer having its perky effect, so now she seemed cold and pale, and ugly streaks of black mascara stained her cheeks. That hair, which had been so carefully styled before take off, now hung wildly, twisted and tangled around her shoulders
Her normal 'I know what I'm doing, leave me to it' attitude had long crumbled away... and now she stood shaking and cold in the impractical air hostess outfit as she waited to get checked over by one of the team physicians. As she... like so many others now, formed the makeshift queue... and simply... waited

--

Renee/Anna

Renee (f) and Paulo (m) were the two physicians who had so far surfaced, who had so far made themselves known, and were making themselves busy so that they could believe they were on top of things again. So they could believe they were in control, so they could believe they were helping.

Paulo hung around the edges of the wreckage, patrolling for any sign of movement... hoping and praying that someone else would emerge

Renee meanwhile, was further away, ending to minor wounds with whatever supplies she could muster. Where possible she used what was left of scavenged first aid kits... when it wasn't she used clothing, shirts from luggage... anything she could get her hands on.
She gritted her teeth together as she tied a bandage tight around the arm of a whimpering young girl named Anna and gave her instructions to keep the arm raised by tucking it into the gap created by the top buttons of her shirt

"M...ma'am... h-have you seen my m-mama and daddy yet?" Anna asked weakly as she did what Renee said

"N...Not yet hun" Renee grimaced as she looked around "Hey kid... isn' that Fred over there? You were talkin' to him the other day, right kid?

"I... I think so" Anna nodded as she looked "But... I want mama"

"G-go talk to him for now dear" Renee managed a strained smile "Get 'im out of Michelangelo's way for me eh? For me?"

"O...okay" Anna nodded before she scampered away. Renee sighed. Sweat dripped down her face in the heat, and a nasty cut above her own left eye went unattended as she forced herself to look back at the que for her help... Candice was still a long way from being seen just yet

"Next?" Renee rasped a little hoarsely "Tondrei? That's you right?"
She continued with her job...

--

Anna
Relenting to the wishes of the adult, Anna trooped weakly over to where Fred and Michelangelo stood

"H-hey" she murmered softly as she tried to smile "F-Fred right? I... I'm Anna. I think... I think were might've spoken... the other day and I thought...well... do you want some company?"

--

Andrew

"GRrrrraaGH" metal shifted with a grunt as Andrew clambered out of the wreckage, freeing himself from the mess of metal and seats and lifting himself free.

"Andrew" Paulo moved over to try and help the player

"Out of my way" Andrew shoved him aside. He didn't really intend to be hostile, but Paulo was the least of his worries right now. His greasy black hair straggled down against his unshaven face (he hadnt bothered to shave before leaving for the airport) as he tore through the destruction somewhat desperately

"Andrew" Paulo said more forcefully. The man turned to him, finally breaking free of his furor to some extent

"Have you seen Elizabeth?" Andrew asked frantically as he scanned the faces of those around him "Elizabeth... the kids... Jazza? Mickey-Angelo...? Paulo...? Have any of you seen Elizabeth?"

((Heh, multicharacter paradise :)))

Edited by Charon, 20 May 2004 - 11:18 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#15 Hatrix

Hatrix
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

((OOC: Sorry to post in OOC here, but wasn't there an 'Alive' movie based on the Donnor party? If so, is this based on that movie? If so, will their be cannibalism etc? If there is, it could be interesting. I could be wrong on there being an 'Alive' movie based on the Donnor party, but I am almost certain there was... Also, sorry if I spelled 'Donnor' wrong, I don't really know how to spell it, but you should get what I am talking about.))
You don't know peace 'til you've had suffering.

#16 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:32 AM

((Alive WAS a movie. ^__^ A great one to boot. I based the first little bit on the movie but the rest is up to us. It's possible that we get rescued before the food runs out (if there is any food) and it's also possible that we never get rescued or we have to resort to cannibalism for nurishment.

Either way, I thought it would be fun to see how people's characters would react in situations like this. ^^))
Posted Image

#17 Y-DOC

Y-DOC
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:06 AM

Fred turns around to face the one who adressed him and sees anna. "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hi anna" said fred. he was in one of his grim, feelingless moods. Fred was pretty upset that his parents died in the crash, but as bad as it was Fred was not as upset as he thought he would be. Despite everything that had happened Fred was pretty indifferent about the whole situation as if it had not happened. Fred was pretty bored and that was all he could think about at the moment, but he did not want to upset anyone so he kept speaking. he couldent think of anything to say, even though there was so much to talk about. Forcing himself to say something he continues,"Um...Uh...sure, sure, company.........right"

#18 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:54 AM

/t squee That back-ground character that I've started is ok?

or are you wanting a cover version of that film? ,(which i've not seen btw), and therefore any character's not portrayed in the film are not acceptable?

Ie: your main character and it's viewpoint perspective, being a snow fox or rodent etc

#19 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:05 PM

((

I based the first little bit on the movie but the rest is up to us.

))

((Your writing is alright. It was kind of fun to read but...it's highly unlikely that anything is living in the Andes. I don't even think lichens can live in this environment, much less rodents. I'll let this one go but one of the corner-stones of this RP is that there is limited food; if there were rodents running about, the survivors wouldn't really have to worry about food.))
Posted Image

#20 Maximas

Maximas
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

:) here it goes

Axel, becoming concious, notices the others who have already awoken. Axel is tall, brown eyed, with blonde hair almost looking as if he had blonde highlights with brown being his natural color. Axel, being a independent, strong, lone wolf type of guy, decides to stay back from the rest of the team and tries to remember what had happened. He notices that he cannot feel his leg but decides that in a few days, it'll recover on its own.

I never played rugby before so im asking for some help with what position Axel should have. Also whether anyone likes my "Axel" character. :)
blah!

#21 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:28 AM

Pain shot through his arm as he awoke, he looked around and thought " What the hell happened" he reached up and touched his forehead with his other arm and felt a laceration on his forehead the blood still fresh. He slowly got to his feet and looked around still rather disoriented. As he looked at the wreckage around himself, and the carnage that had taken place, he thought about where they had been and where they were going.

His name was Brian Redman, and they were returning from a rugby game, Brian was a reporter, writing a story about the team, after they had won the game of all games, the coach had invited Brian to return with them, to get the team's exclusive story. Unfortunately, the Coach was the only one Brian had really gotten a chance to speak with so far. He had been up for two days straight, drinking, and celebrating that he had gotten this exclusive story and that they had won. He passed out as soon as he had gotten on the plane.

He looked himself over to see if he had any other injuries, he was about 5'9 with Sandy Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes, he noticed that his arm hurt like hell, so did his head from more than one thing he was sure, "What the hell happened" he though once again and started to recover his senses, he looked around their were bodies everywhere some were slightly mobile others were not. He felt the chill in the air and wondered where the hell they were and how they were gonna get out of here, he slowly made his way out of the back of the plane that had been ripped to shreds. As he looked around he saw several people moving about and trying to help some of the other passengers. Not really knowing what to do he made his way towards the back of the plane, and out into the cold snow, and looked around nothing but mountains and snow for miles, he looked towards the luggage that was strewn about in the snow and saw a figure rummaging through it, and then looked at the man that was ahead of him. As he walked towards him he fumbled through his pockets with his good arm to see if he had had any cigarettes, he found them and pulled them out, he desperately needed a cigarette to help him think and assess the situation, he took a Marlboro out and stuck it to his lips, and lit the cigarette with his Zippo. "We're gonna need to get a fire started" he said to the man, and started to walk towards the other guy going through the luggage.

#22 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:48 AM

As he gets closer to the man going through the luggage he says " Need a little help"
Brian starts going through the luggage as well, and says to the man " We're gonna have to get a fire started", and shows him the Zippo, " My suggestion would be to get all the clothes, and supplies we can find and take them inside, there's alot of hurt people in there and they'll need 'em to keep warm, we can burn the chairs inside the plane and whatever else we can find, the luggage too if we have too, you find a cell phone anywhere in there?" he looks at the man with hope, "Hopefully someone saw the plane go down and help is on the way, but it looks like were in the middle of the andes, we could be here awhile" He finds a white dress shirt, and wraps it under his bad arm, slinging the arm of the shirt, over his shoulder, he looks at the man, and says "My name's Brian, Brian Redman, can you help me tie this I think my arm's broken"

#23 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

"...H-Hey! Andrew!" Michelangelo called out, waving at him, beginning to walk towards him. Suddenly, however, he looked to see that irritating reporter. He remembered seeing him around here and there, always poking his nose where it didn't belong. He could've even sworn he saw the reporter talking to the coach in their change room.

"Light a fire? Were you even awake for the crash? We're missing half the plane. My luggage is gone, I don't have any clothes besides the ones on my back. You want to make a fire? Good, let's start burning up our clothes and blankets, that'll really help," he said not even bothering to look at Brian or telling him his name.

"And I've already checked, those chairs are made of metal. Good luck burning those. Besides, how do you plan on keeping a fire going? We're in the middle of the Andes, nobody has seen us. The closest people are those hanging out in sunny Chile," he scoffed again, more than irritated. He pointed to the West but still refused to actually look to the reporter.

Wait...Cellphone?

After walking to Andrew, he stopped suddenly.

"...Hey! You! Yeah, you!" he said, pointing at a random person, his voice full of authority and power.

"Go to the cockpit, find the pilot and get the radio working. Understand?" he ordered the person, continuing to walk towards Andrew. He fished around his pocket and eventually pulled out his pack of "cigs", tilting the box towards Andrew as if to say "Want one? It's on me this time."

((The person Mike pointed to can be played by anyone or an NPC, so...if anybody wanted to join and doesn't know how...here's your chance. ^^; ))
Posted Image

#24 Maximas

Maximas
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:36 AM

Axel, getting up, finally realizes how bad the wound in his arm was noticing all the blood coming out. He was starting to feel a little dizzy. He found a shirt in the airplane and asked Renee to wrap the shirt around his arm to stop the blood. He looks around and decides to see if he has talked to any of the survivors before, being that he was recently traded to that team and was unfamiliar with most of the team. He decides to go and stand next to Michelangelo. He asks, "What happened? The last thing I remember was the plane falling and then as the tail of the airplane hit the tip of the mountain, and then the recall from it forced my head to hit the chair in front of me knocking me unconcious. O yea, you also would'nt happen to have seen my (either brother or sister), would you?"

(I am opening the spot of my brother or sister open, Im not sure what might happen with him/her. I was thinking about having them fall out of the airplane but was still alive and lost. Im not sure yet. Whoever decides to take the roll, please talk to me first about what happens and hopefully we could work something out. Okay thanks, and I am still in search of a proper position for Axel to play. )
blah!

#25 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:01 AM

Anna

Anna smiled weakly at Fred... at a loss for anything to say past that initial offer of company. She looked around for Renee's guidance- she'd only come here on her request- but Renee was busy... too busy

"I um" she shivered slightly in the cold "I um... I d-don't actually n-know what to say n-now" she admitted "I'm scared a-and I d-don't.... I don't.... don't know what I'm m-meant to do"

Renee and Candice

He found a shirt in the airplane and asked Renee to wrap the shirt around his arm to stop the blood

"One moment" Renee mumbled without looking up, wiping her arm across her brow before returning to binding another injury "There's a line for a reason. Next... Candice wasn't it?"

"I think... I think he needs help more than me" Candice said simply slight drawl tainting her words as she looked between Renee and Axel "I... he's hurt bad. Treat him first"

Renee looked up surprised. On the plane the woman had seemed almost hostile but now....

"Thankyou" she nodded as she turned to Axel... and flinched. The wound was nasty "Here, this may hurt"

The man barely moved, barely flinched... and silently walked away when she was done... almost before she was done

"Thank's Renee" she murmered to herself before turning back "Now..." she turned to Candice and noticed the woman shaking, though she was trying hard to look unperturnbed as she wiped the makeup from her face in an attempt to hide its mutation. Candice handing her a thick shirt "Cover up a little first... then tell me what was wrong, hm?"

Andrew

He fished around his pocket and eventually pulled out his pack of "cigs", tilting the box towards Andrew as if to say "Want one? It's on me this time."

"You know I gave these things up Mikey" Andrew moaned in despair as he pulled one from the packet and sank to the floor, his brief spurt of energy subsiding. Frustration played in his mind, as did worry. What if something bad had happened to her? What if... what if she was trapped and waiting for him to find her?
The kids... what if she was helping the kids somewhere while he just sat here...

He looked around but he just didnt have the strength to keep ploughing on through the wreckage. Dead limbs peeked forebodingly from beneath twisted metal... he didn't have the heart to keep looking.

"Got a light?" he rasped almost silently as his throat closed in his anguish, sore with worry as he forced himself to look up at Michelangelo... as he forced his gaze away from the plane.

((ooc: sorry for the minor controlling Maximas... but you did kind of decide what Renee had done, so she had every right to notice you walking away in all fairness ^^))

Edited by Charon, 13 June 2004 - 02:03 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#26 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:00 AM

Mike pulled his lighter from his leather jacket pocket, handing it over to Andrew. It was a simple silver box with an engraving on it. Mike remained totally quiet, not really looking to Andrew as he sat down in the cold, wet snow.

Eventually, he tried to break the silence, speaking in a mumbling voice.

"...I-I'll go look for her. You...you just sit for a bit.

...When you're up for it...maybe you could check the cockpit. Maybe look for some flight attendants or something... No rush, though. Take your time," he said as he slowly got back up to his feet, patting Andrew firmly on the shoulder twice before walking away.

"Liz! Liz?!" he began to call out, walking around the crash site. Mike knew there was a staggering chance that Elizabeth was dead but...something made him search anyways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pilot groaned as he turned over. There, he saw his dead companion. His skull was literally cracked open, the eyes forced open into an eerie stare. He wanted to open his mouth to scream but it was like his jaw was frozen shut. Most of the bones in his body were broken but the pain was dulled into a mild stinging.

The entire windshield had been cracked open, the glass shards deeply embedded into both pilots' bodies. The surviving pilot's hope was exhausted and he was beginning to accept the fact that he was going to die and rightly so. In reality, he had only had an hour or so to live.

Most of the clothing stored in the on-board luggage was lost. Only the carry-ons remained with them and, even then, they were scattered all about. The fusalauge was relatively intact; the windows were unbroken and there were only small dents in it. The only opening in the fusalauge was the huge tear in the back (where the tail had been ripped off) and the broken windshield at the opposite end (however, the door to the cockpit prevented this from being a problem).

One suitcase was filled to the brim with cartons of cigarrettes. Another contained a single bottle of un-opened wine with a package of peanuts. Others were filled with jackets, sweaters and an odd blanket here or there (definatley not enough to supply all the survivors with warmth). There were also the odd chocolate bar here or there. In total, only about 3 chocolate bars were in the local vacinity.

((ooc: I know I'm God-Modding here by telling you exactly what you can find...so I'll just try to compromise with you. ^^;; Use what I wrote about as like a guideline to what you could find...like...you wouldn't find flares insides someone's bag of toiletries nor would you find an electric heater.))
Posted Image

#27 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:43 AM

"What the hell is his problem, Im only trying to help" Brian thought as he started following the man. He walked up behind him and said "Hey look, we're all in this together, I might not know everything, but I know I can help, if any of us are gonna get out of this alive, we need to stick together" he looked at the man with the attitude and started to walk off as he started moving away he turned around and said "They're has to be something that we can use to make a fire, I'm not talking about burning the clothes, but I know I can find something to burn, se we all don't freeze to death" he looked at him again and shrugged his shoulders. " If you want to be the leader, that's fine with me, but I suggest you don't let your pride get in the way" Brian then walked back into the plane to see if there was anything useful he could find. He was going to get that fire going somehow, there had to be something he could use. He looked at the wreckage inside. "That guy was right, the chairs are metal, but what about the padding in the chairs" Brian started looking around for something to cut through the chairs with, He looked around at the injured and the dead, and thought "My God" he saw a couple of people helpin others with their injuries, and he walked towards them, "Im gonna try to get some kind of a fire going, we gotta find a way to keep these people warm" he heard people moaning in pain, for someone to help them, but he knew nothing about medicine, and the fire was one of the number one priorities, he continued searching through the plane, as he headed towards the cockpit "I wonder if the pilots are still alive" He thought wouldn't hurt to check. At least they might have some ideas on what to do. As he walked in the cockpit he saw the blood everywhere. He saw the dead pilot with his skull crushed and it immediately sickened him. Brian turned his head and vomited onto the floor. "This is too much too handle" He though "He had seen alot of things in his days as a reporter, he used to be an NBC News Reporter until ESPN gave him the job, he had been the main reporter in the Gulf War, but he had not seen anything like this. The carnage around him was devastating. He wiped his mouth and looked at the other pilot, he was still breathing, he looked at him and said "Can You Speak?" His injuries we're devastating he wanted to help him, but he didn't know how. He looked at the glass and knew he could use that to cut the chairs so he could make a fire. He looked at the pilot with a sad look "Im sorry" he said " I don't think there is anything anyone can do to help you, your injuries are too bad" He looked around the cockpit "Is there a radio, that we can call for help with or anything that we can use, he noticed a cabinet inside the cockpit that said emergency use only, and he opened it, inside were two parachutes. "I don't imagine they had time to use these" he thought as he pulled them out. These are gonna make great blankets. he looked at the pilot and wited to see if he was going to respond.

#28 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

After sitting alone in the wreckage of the plane for a while now, Hope decided it was time for him to join some of the others outside, he had to go out at some stage - and putting it off was only making things worse for himself.

You see, Jeremy Hope had never been one of the most confident guys, not like the others in the team, who to him were god-like as people and players. Hope didn't play dispite his dreams of always wanting to. Instead, he was the brother of Dave Hope, the great Dave Hope - Best player for two years running, now left college, his brother just gets to go on trips and show his support behind scenes. Jeremy had had a history of depression also, taking pills hasn't ever helped and doctors just patronise him. He tends to lurk in the background, catching people who fall and helping them back up.

Through an opening Hope could see his friends outside, some working, some still shocked and one just messing about on his own. He didn't quite know where to put himself, so just wondered out to take in the view.

((OOC: Well, thought I may as well throw myself in and do something. It's late and I'm tired, so am not thinking straight.

I've never been much of a writer, so you'll have to excuse the poor quality and lack of interesting content (I can write in 3rd person, it doesn't have to be all 1st person or whatever?)
- I do have a vague idea of where I want my character to go, and will hopefully complete it within a couple of days - I won't interact too much, as I'll only confuse myself, or end up doing something wrong, fell free to interact with me however, just don't dictate my actions, you don't know what he's like yet ;p

P.S: If anyone has any pointers (Squee), any chance you could PM me, I'd be very greatful?))

Edited by alone, 15 June 2004 - 11:46 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#29 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

Though the seats were made of metal, the padding was (indeed) very flammable. However, as half the plane was missing, the amount of seats was greatly reduced. The sponge-like material was wrapped in an insulating material that could easily be zipped off of the seats. The metal (either broken off of the plane or taken from seats) was very shiny and glossy. When picked up, it was of medium weight and quite malliable.

"...W-Water..." coughed up the pilot. He had so much to tell Brian - to tell anyone - but his words always were caught up in his throat.

"...Wat...water..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Hehehe...hahaha...HEHEHEHE...HAHAHAHAHA! AH HA HA HA HA HA!!"

A man sat down in the cold, wet snow. His knees were tucked tightly into his chest and he rocked himself to and fro slowly. He was wearing a thick jacket, bearing the airline's emblem on the right breast. Surprisingly, this man did not sustain injuries that were too bad. He had a scratch here and there...but nothing even remotely close to lethal.

He continued to laugh idly, causing much distress among other survivors. Obviously, the crash was too much for this man's mind and his sanity was snapped like a fragile twig. It was a shame that the one man who wore a jacket with the word "Technician" in big, bold letters, printed along the back was the only one to go insane.
Posted Image

#30 edawg5150

edawg5150
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:57 AM

Brain looked at the pilot, and knew he had to do something, that pilot had some valuable information that everyone on board this plane that was still alive would need, he looked at him and said "I'll be right back, hang in there, I don't know if there is anything I can do to help your injuries, but water is one thing we do have", Brian left the cockpit and headed back through the wreckage, he saw one somebody helping one of the passengers with their injuries, and said to him "Hey, one of the pilots is still alive up there, but he's fading fast, he might know something that can help us get out of this, can you go up and see if there's anything you can do for him, I'm gonna get him some snow, he asked me for water I figured it's the next best thing" He headed back out of the plane and grabbed a handful of snow and packed it into a snowball, and then made another, and headed back into the plane he had to find out what the pilot knew, and if the radio could be used. The doctor was still working on the injured person, on the way past Brian said "Please Hurry, I don't think he'll last much longer" As he walked back into the cockpit, he put the snowball up to the pilots lips, and said "Here, it's the best I can do, someone's gonna be up to check you out in a minute"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users