Paladins Need Something

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

I'll be honest, I don't really like the bracelet thing simply because huge rich players would buy every single bracelet so they could change their paladin's ability whenever.

I do, however, agree with the idea of learning a 'calling'.. a special spell or ability that defines the type of paladin you are. Only 1 path may be chosen, and it may never be changed. I think that would also add a lot more value to the paladin-economy and contribute to role-playing phenomenally.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#32 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:51 PM

Well, this topic certainly has been brought back from the dead.

Unfortunately, there will be no new major additions to the Nightmist engine, like new spells (I have tried asking JLH and Pandilex privately on a few occasions), so the only new additions that can really be made for the class are new types of equipment, but that always runs the risk of unbalancing them even further (for better or for worse).
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#33 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:12 PM

Paladins are so under powered in this game it isnt funny...compaired to most games its just >.>
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#34 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

any of my spell ideas would be the easiest to add and most balanceing
Page/Memo Beatrix

#35 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Just a thought,

Give paladins a 1 'click' attack.

However, it is only usuable on undead/heal damaged npc's. While this ability will not really make a paladin better in pvp, it will make them somewhat more useful and worthwhile playing pve. I still feel paladins have too low a to hit %, but thats not important right now.

Holy Fury
-would act as a rapid fire/berserk type ability.

OR

Slay Undead
-would act as an assassinate/smite type ability.

Also, add a new weapon for paladins:

Library info for Hammer of the Defender:

Base damage: 22, Can be used by: paladins Description: A symbol of any great warrior is his weapon. The Hammer of the Defender is undeniably a fierce weapon in the hands of a holy warrior. Upon attaining Knighthood the Paladin is given this weapon to carry in service to his king. Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: undead:1.25, Mana leech: .
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#36 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Paladins are so under powered in this game it isnt funny...compaired to most games its just >.>

As far as being underpowered...look at WoW, paladins suck there too, but thats cuz its an Alliance only class and we all know Alliance sucks.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#37 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

Just a thought,

Give paladins a 1 'click' attack.

However, it is only usuable on undead/heal damaged npc's. While this ability will not really make a paladin better in pvp, it will make them somewhat more useful and worthwhile playing pve. I still feel paladins have too low a to hit %, but thats not important right now.

Holy Fury
-would act as a rapid fire/berserk type ability.

OR

Slay Undead
-would act as an assassinate/smite type ability.

Also, add a new weapon for paladins:

Library info for Hammer of the Defender:

Base damage: 22, Can be used by: paladins Description: A symbol of any great warrior is his weapon. The Hammer of the Defender is undeniably a fierce weapon in the hands of a holy warrior. Upon attaining Knighthood the Paladin is given this weapon to carry in service to his king. Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: undead:1.25, Mana leech: .

Paladins generally don't have offensive spells/abilities. They just use their normal attacks and spell them up.

If anything is going to be added, it should be another "buffing up" spell. But one that actually works...
Stadic Ingame...

#38 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

As far as being underpowered...look at WoW, paladins suck there too, but thats cuz its an Alliance only class and we all know Alliance sucks.

Paladins underpowered in WoW? Yeah right... I think yours just sucks.

As for the main topic:
More equipment would be the best addition.
Paladins are holy warriors, that's why they heal average and attack average.
Paladins can mainly beat any class 1v1, as long as the owner is rich. If it's an average player, the paladin will suck 1v1.
What is needed is paladin only weapons, I'll give some examples below:

Would cost 200k:
Library info for Holy Hammer:
Base damage: 22, Can be used by: paladins, Description: Found in the shops of Harabec, this hammer has a white aura projecting around it, making it give protection to the bearer., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: +10, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: +1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: undead:1.25, Mana leech: 0.3.

Would cost 200k:
Library info for Holy Tunic:
Armor base: 50, Can be worn by: paladins, Description: The Holy Tunic is made only the purest gold, giving it's wearer extra protection over the different classes., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

I'm sure you grasp the idea. Paladins should have great armor and pretty good weapons, therefor making them not get hit as hard/often, and hit the same, but more often. Before you say these items are overpowered, I was just giving an EXAMPLE.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#39 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

Like what Eternyte said earlier, a Paladin isn't made to be a part of a 15+ alt army, they are well balanced and more of a solo/self-suffiecient class. I played as a solo paladin for over a year and it was great. The only thing that I could say they really need would be the hit % raised. I believe JLH said in the past that it's the same as other classes, but it really doesn't seem that way ^_^ .

Also, the Auras would be a neat addition, I like the ones Julius said, they aren't super powerful but they would help out.
Autek in game.

#40 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

Why should a paladin get more armor than a fighter?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#41 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

turnip

#42 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Paladins are fine, not meant to be a fighting class, more or less a solo class, and 1v1 they're great. Either: A- Learn to use one, or B- Don't.

If you want a good fighting/rounding class, there's plenty to choose from.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#43 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:18 PM

This arguement has been made in world of warcraft many times when discussing Paladins in that game. Complaints about how they couldn't heal as well as priests, and couldn't do dps like a warrior. One thing you have to understand, and there is really no way around this.....PALADIN IS A HYBRID CLASS, they are supposed to be a mix of cleric/fighter, they aren't supposed to be able to do dmg as well as a fighter, they aren't supposed to heal like a cleric. If they matched the two classes they were built in similarity to, why would anyone play a cleric or fighter when you can hit as hard as a fighter while healing for ur entire hp pool in 2 heals.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#44 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:36 AM

i rock ;)

#45 xvision

xvision
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:46 AM

This arguement has been made in world of warcraft many times when discussing Paladins in that game. Complaints about how they couldn't heal as well as priests, and couldn't do dps like a warrior. One thing you have to understand, and there is really no way around this.....PALADIN IS A HYBRID CLASS, they are supposed to be a mix of cleric/fighter, they aren't supposed to be able to do dmg as well as a fighter, they aren't supposed to heal like a cleric. If they matched the two classes they were built in similarity to, why would anyone play a cleric or fighter when you can hit as hard as a fighter while healing for ur entire hp pool in 2 heals.

AMEN ;)

#46 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

I dunno what else to say lol, it's just an annoying old arguement, and one that frustrated me with my paladin when i got him to 60 on WoW, i wanted to tank, but Warriors(nm's Fighters) were the tanks on that game, so i rerolled and went to a 60 warrior as my main. If you don't like the versitility of hybrid classes, stick to something simple, or stop complaining.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#47 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

paladins are cool i got 8 of them ;)

i'd suggest a stat increase spell

Power of Faith

+1 strength +2 dex -2 wis -1 char

lasts 2 minutes

...level 29 requirement, make it a boss drop.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#48 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

paladins are cool i got 8 of them ;)

i'd suggest a stat increase spell

Power of Faith

+1 strength +2 dex -2 wis -1 char

lasts 2 minutes

...level 29 requirement, make it a boss drop.

if it was +1 str and +2 dex and it stacked on TOP of one of the spells we already have then it may balance them (if the user spends 30m or so on eq)
Page/Memo Beatrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users