Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:30 PM

they need something so people will want to go through the hell of arching them
Page/Memo Beatrix

#2 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:33 AM

how about more spells. theres really no point after lvl 25, cause thats when you get the last spell.

whats the point of getting them millions more exp if all you get is the extra one stamina at lvl 29? to much work for so little reward.

Edited by Dc, 06 July 2004 - 12:36 AM.

I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:48 AM

The long, boring trip from levels 25 to 30 tends to be the same for most classes, I feel. I guess the only rewards are the extra stamina points (usually at level 29) and the promise of a shopping spree in Harabec to buy all of the level 30 equipment!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:01 AM

How about the arch weapon BoT?

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

bot whoop de do... something anyone could afford if they put effort into it what I think is more spells
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:10 PM

i know this is very old but hear me out

name:you decide no one really likes holy bolt and thats basically what it is
lvl:28
mana cost:20?
now it is not as strong as a spelled up pally attack so pallys wouldnt become pure magic users. it would be weaker but the chance of hitting would rise which would also fix the miss factor of pallys. and as a bonus it would be more affective on undead monsters. this way you would have a choice 1.spell up and hope for a good attack round or 2. use this and even though its weaker its a better guarantee of a hit.

would make them a little more worth leveling

that and an hp increase would help pallys be a worthwhile class
~ Davey , Fire_Cleric , Lucied , Ramsus , Leon , Sieg ~ ingame

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:45 AM

Remember, most classes stop getting new spells and abilities at Level 25, but people still train them on to Archmaster. e.g. Mages, Paladins, Pacifists...

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#8 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:19 AM

clerics get a spell at lvl 27

#9 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:50 AM

Don't mages get AoP too? (/t afireinside AFI rules.

#10 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:57 PM

:P mabye if you are against high level spells being in a training area it could be a boss drop like Aop and Dr

Edited by afireinside, 11 July 2004 - 07:58 PM.

#11 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:41 PM

thats what I was thinking
Page/Memo Beatrix

#12 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

yes,i agree,paladins do need something,but they aren't really all that hard to train,i just have gotten my pally to arch,there should be a few more pally weps that have the same bd as the justice blade,like the new ranger bows
Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#13 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:57 AM

Spell -- level 28

Divine Form:
self-cast only.

Cost: 35 mana

Dex mod: 1
Str mod: 2
Char mod: 3

Lasts about 3 mins.

#14 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:12 AM

i dont really like it its not that paladins need char it wont really make a diffrence really they should either have a spell that gives them more Strenght a better weapon than a BOt or a new spell that actually does damage to other charachters.....nothing else really seems right
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#15 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:02 PM

thas about good but I think it should be level 30 only costs 30k in shop or make it better and make it a boss drop

have it like
+10 ac
+2 dex
+2 str
+2 wis
+2 char

not over powering but pretty interesting :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

#16 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

u wish rofl thats the most over powering spell in game
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:42 PM

I dunno about you but I still like +6 dex better instead of + to a bunch of rarely used stats
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:57 PM

if all that happens to paladins is they get a new spell that increases stats they are going to be the same, keep in mind they have divine prayer, champion strength, and holy speed and they all focus on increasing str and dex, they will still be inferior if you made yet another stat increasing spell.
they need something new rather than continuing on the same pattern that they are going. cmon people get creative, think of spells they can attack with or new equipment ,anything!
how about an area that only paladins clerics and pacifists can go (cause you know if pacifists cant go they will complain) that only has undead creatures, like a church that fell into darkness, have a hard boss that drops a scroll for a paladin spell of a new weapon for them, just trying to get ideas started.
if this sounds like a good idea i could make a post of the area and think of monsters and stuff, bottom line they suck right now. :P

Edited by afireinside, 09 August 2004 - 11:57 PM.

#19 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:37 PM

Why do paladins need anything, they are already one of the strongest classes in 1 on 1 combat. There are plenty of mods out there which can be bought to improve stats, people train and arch pallys every day, they are just not used as much as other clerics, purely because they heal for less. Paladins arent hard to train, but at the end of the day, a trained pally with decent stats is worth it.

My pally is equipped with, Bot, GoV, Aoh, Boots of Faith + bracelets + rings. Fair enough the boss drops are hard 2 get, and the rings boots and ammy cost alot, but when the items are out there, you can hardly ask for more, especially for one of the most durable classes.

.. just my view..
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#20 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

ok wow they are good but still no one wants to train them why not get afighter ? they hit for more

why not get a cleric ? they heal for more and can actually cast spells on party
Page/Memo Beatrix

#21 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:24 PM

ppl train paladins because they heal for 60's and can hit for 60's too, its rather a good combination, clerics heal 100+ but cant hit for love nor money, fighters hit harder than paladins, but they dont heal at the same time.

a pally is a pally, no other way 2 describe it, if you want a crit that hits and heals, u make a pally, you want a crit 2 heal, you make it a cleric, you want a crit to hit, u make a thief/ranger/zerker/fighter etc...
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:30 AM

Paladins don't need an offensive spell - they have their sword for that!

Paladins are very self-sufficient and durable, as Foxie has already said - they can't attack as much as Fighters, and that is the way it should be, as they have a relatively powerful heal spell to compensate.

For the record, there already is an area for Clerics, Paladins and Pacifists (and Druids)... the Barrier Forest / Necromancer Tower.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#23 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:35 AM

no one would have a problem if paladins ever made a sucessful hit :P

#24 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:09 AM

I hate to use the basis of an idea from another game, but perhaps auras could be introduced.

The spells are given via various tasks set out in the different level paladin guilds. On completion of the task, a scroll shall be rewarded. Once task is complete it can't be done again.

/cast Might/Paladin, Increases str and dex by 3. - Uses 1 mana every 10 seconds, lasts for 2 minutes. Unless the spell is recasted which removes the aura. Or another aura is casted. - Level 10.

/cast Prayer/Paladin, Increases int and wis by 4. - Uses 2 mana every 10 seconds, lasts 2 minutes. Unless the spell is recasted which removes the aura. Or another aura is casted. - Level 15.

/cast Bless/Paladin, Increases max hp and mp by 50. - Uses 2 mana every 5 seconds, last 2 minutes. Unless the spell is recasted which removes the aura. Or another aura is casted. - Level 20.

/cast Vigor/Paladin, Increases armor by 50. - Uses 2 mana every 5 seconds, last 2 minutes. Unless the spell is recasted which removes the aura. Or another aura is casted. - Level 25.

/cast Regenerate/Paladin, Heals for 5hp every 1 second. Uses 2 mana every 1 seconds, last 2 minutes. Unless the spell is recasted which removes the aura. Or another aura is casted. - Level 29.

Each aura is granting the enhanced powers to their party members. All 5 auras maybe stacked if there are 5 paladins in the same party casting different auras. However, a single aura cannot be stacked at all. This might bring paladins more towards party quests for training and bosses.

Edited by Eternyte, 11 August 2004 - 04:38 AM.

I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#25 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

A lot of those spells look overpowering to me.

What I don't get---Why doesn't holy speed actually do anything? +6 dex, but it doesn't actually help them PvP as far as I've ever seen.

I'd say they can already enhance their str and their dex by plenty. I don't see how you can make them hit harder or heal for more without making either clerics or fighters very difficult as a choice to use over a Pally.

A pally is one of those classes that can live on it's own.
It can hack and heal, what really beats that if you're not running several alts to where paying attention to the pally is just too much effort? Nothing else in game has that balanced and nice of a dual set of skills.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#26 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 02:29 PM

I like the auras, but the mana use seems a bit low for what you get. I've only recently started to use my Paladin, so I'm not really up on their traits yet.

I do like the idea of aura though, and the party would be very nice.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#27 Karri

Karri
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

I like the aura idea too, but perhaps having all those auras available on whim would make it too easy. Maybe if once you reach level 18 (or some level where you know which aura would best enhance your particular paladin) you would go and level up and the trainer would offer you the list of auras to choose from (kinda like druids choose which shape they morph to . . .although I've never trained a druid, but I think they have to choose and stick to it. . . :P )
Anywho, that's just my thought on the matter. . .

#28 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:38 AM

That would make a very good addition.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#29 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

They need to hit more often... my l25 halfling with 21 dex + holy speed still rarely hits 50% of the time... and at low levels getting one hit each round was good going

#30 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:08 PM

Allowing the paladin to choose an aura would be a good idea. Similar to a Paladin fighting for his diety, being granted bonuses depending on the one he chooses. Find a way to balance those abilities so each one is similarly equal.

Have the 'scroll' be purchased as a spell would, you choose fromt he list

(From Eternyte's post, modifyed a bit)

Tome of War - +3 str +3 dex
Tome of Cunning - +4 int +4 wis
Tome of Blessing - +20 temporary hp/mp
Tome of Steadfast - +25 armor points
Tome of Longevity - regenerate an extra 5 hp every 30s

This seems, to me at least, more balanced

Or perhaps, you can even make this an item such as a bracelet-type or a symbol of diety and as long as the paladin is wearing it, he is granted the spell, but if it is removed, he losses it. and no two can be worn together.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users