Leader Chat...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Reality

Reality
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

We have clan chat, and founder chat, but where's chat for leaders? I've been in some clans where leaders decide whether not a member joins. Shouldn't we have some form of leader chat? Regular clan chat is #, as everyone knows, and founder is ##. I think we need to make leader chat ##, and founder chat ###. What you guys think?

Edited by Reality, 13 December 2004 - 02:06 AM.

#2 Rikku

Rikku
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:06 AM

I think its a good idea. In some clans leader chat could be helpful. Not sure about commands though.
~¤£íñЧéý¤~¤Èí£ðñWý¤~

#3 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:06 AM

:unsure: . but got my vote since your my boy! B)
Because the game is dead and I dont care.

#4 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:09 AM

sounds good to me
Page me on Heritage

#5 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

Would founders be able to hear leader chat?
Stadic Ingame...

#6 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:50 PM

Of course they would lol. I don't support this because I don't think it's really needed.

#7 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:23 PM

I discussed it with JLH once, lol. He only accepted my Founderchat idea.. Anywho I don't like this idea very much, there isn't a real need for it.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#8 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:51 PM

As there is really no need for leaders.

#9 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:11 PM

Deal without it.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#10 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

Deal without it.

what a useful reply :unsure:

#11 Wafer

Wafer
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

Well I support it!

:unsure:

#12 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

I don't see the need for it. If you've got something important to say to another leader just page them?

#13 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

idea not liked
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#14 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:22 PM

I don't see the need for it. If you've got something important to say to another leader just page them?

Or add them to enemy and use that
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#15 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:15 AM

As there is really no need for leaders.

umm....Im not really in favor of it either..but i have to say...in most clans leaders do a large portion of recruting/inviting...as there isnt always a founder on.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#16 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:19 PM

No use for it Like Oracle said If u have something important to say u page them
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#17 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:52 PM

The people of Nightmist have such intelligent ideas, I'm surprised no one's suggested,

--CHAIRMAN'S CHAT!--

###(To All Chairmen): Please talk to me for I am nothing but a poor hopeless Nightmistian!

Staff, consider it.. It's got more potential than my old idea, camouflage trees, (Trees dressed up as humans for lumberjack protection.)

:unsure:

Edited by Satterlee, 23 December 2004 - 10:53 PM.

I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#18 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:57 PM

The people of Nightmist have such intelligent ideas, I'm surprised no one's suggested,

--CHAIRMAN'S CHAT!--

###(To All Chairmen): Please talk to me for I am nothing but a poor hopeless Nightmistian!

Somehow I don't think the chairperson of every clan in the realm of nightmist (specifically talking about chairs of enemy clans here, but also meaning other clans who don't know me and don't want to...) would actually want to be plagued by me talking to them ^^

Edit: I also dislike the idea of Leader Chat. I really don't think it's necessary. Leaders... as far as I've noticed anyway... don't tend to talk about secretive things the way founders do :unsure:
And if they do want to, there are always pages

Edited by Charon, 23 December 2004 - 11:01 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#19 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:43 PM

--CHAIRMAN'S CHAT!--

Somehow I don't think the chairperson of every clan in the realm of nightmist (specifically talking about chairs of enemy clans here, but also meaning other clans who don't know me and don't want to...) would actually want to be plagued by me talking to them ^^

Edit: I also dislike the idea of Leader Chat. I really don't think it's necessary. Leaders... as far as I've noticed anyway... don't tend to talk about secretive things the way founders do :unsure:
And if they do want to, there are always pages

There is only one chairman in a clan, that's why my post was in my eyes considered sarcasm.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#20 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

See, that it said "to all chairmen" made me think that it was a suggested method for chatting to... well... all chairmen ^^
I failed to see the sarcasm that time, but okay, fair point, I should have- I guess I need a sense of humor transplant :unsure:
Ignore my comment then ^^
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#21 The Unholy Newt

The Unholy Newt
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:24 AM

Sarcasm aside I think Chairman chat is a good idea if the heads of clans wish to talk to each other - The Grand Councils of Nightmist. Would be helpful for politics as well, declarations of war, peace, truce, etc.

#22 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:24 AM

Sarcasm aside I think Chairman chat is a good idea if the heads of clans wish to talk to each other - The Grand Councils of Nightmist. Would be helpful for politics as well, declarations of war, peace, truce, etc.

We do have chairman chat already in-game.

/memo (user) (message)

/p (user) (message)

/friend (user)

/enemy (user)

If you want to talk to someone not in your clan, there are plenty of ways to communicate already.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#23 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

Sorry dude, as much as I like the idea, it is more than likely not gonna go through just as my idea to add a special chat for allied clans only instead of adding every single founder or leader to the stupid friend's/ Kinda takes the fun out of planning a major clan kill with allied clans if you got enemies who are friend's on your friend's list. Sure I can page them, but who wants to page maybe 10 people at once? Boring.

I for one, support the leader chat but JLH already spoken.

#24 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

but JLH already spoken.

He sure did.. Seven months ago.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#25 Dark

Dark