1Alt Worth It If I Come Back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

So A while back I started (or restarted), Nightmist. heard multi was bigger, and then picked a Pacifist. Made it to 30. Realised i needed 4 pacis to get some chance of killing one of the sub-bosses that I needed to kill to get to Ganymede and the Mask, and got bored.

I was going to ask for someone to be nice and give me a low-level nice statted character. But earlier I managed to luckily roll a 5stat Elf Mage (xppppp).

I'm now level 11, and gonna play a bit this week before I'm back at work. Hopefully hit 15-20 soon.

I've checked up on what I need to do, Unfortunately farming Hides isn't viable as the bears are all locked away and multi-stacked. So I'm doing a bit of spiders and just levelling up / gaining gold.

Anyone else back and wanna party up some time?

#2 Kreshnic

Kreshnic
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

I would be down to help out, we can do some bears or whatever

#3 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

The whole area can be solo'd including Ganymede and that sub-boss.. it just takes some strategy, key runs and prep. It's not an area and boss you can just run to with 1 inv of stuff and get a mask. Consider dropping some useful things on the floor near that sub-boss that you're having an issue with and go from there!

Also, there are already a few people on multi that have no issue running it solo and would most likely be willing to run and grab one for you for the right price. Crane and Gaddy come to mind if they still have their pacis and the time! They helped me out back in the day when I needed a mask or two.

hope that helps! good luck either way!

I'm down to kill some stuff if I ever get the time to play a little 1a.. I have a small elf ranger that I have been meaning to level a bit. I think its still 10 or so lol

Edited by Gnarkill, 03 January 2018 - 08:30 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#4 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Ta for speedy responses. Seems Forums are busier than the game at times!

I think my issue Gnarkill was being able to rely just on the Pacifist. I was able to kill SG a couple of times but it required me buying lots of Gold Spiders.

I know you could potentially use some expensive pots, but I don't have enough and can't procure them easily enough. Kinda put the brakes on me, so to speak.

#5 Jihad

Jihad
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

It was slow for a bit but seeing more and more players on.

Sedition,Discipline. 1-Alt Only

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

The interesting parts of any game are going to either be a puzzle or hard.

It is possible, as proven by others. There are examines to get some of the items needed, but pacifists without support from other characters are not able to do much - unless they buy everything. No class is really very self-sufficient across major areas.

A few level 15-ish characters could farm Gold Spiders for your pacifist.

Spider Gauntlets could sell for gold to get Nightshade Elixirs, or you can swap them in the Gold Sovereign system to gear up.

Getting Nightshades unlocks Ganymede for Shaman's Mask 100% drop.

Shaman's Mask is top-gear and trades for 3 Platinum Coins.

Platinum Coins are still worth 300-500k to almost anyone active on Main.

And access to millions of gold and the major pacifist boss seems like it opens pretty much the whole game...

1-Alt is another option. It seems like playing Main without as many options to me, but if it's active - that would be a place to enjoy coordination with other players more. 

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Just as an update / closure. Had a little bit of fun, saw a few people online on 1alt so decided to stick around. Got my Mage to 22 and currently have a 21 elf cleric as well. Will give it a month or so and see where I get and see if things pick up. Hopefully so.

Ironically I came back to learn a bit about how it was coded so I could improve my own Ruby skills, and I've got a little bit hooked, so I suppose that is good. Not quite the same as when I was playing in September 2000 on the School PC's but oh well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users