Clan Alley Chat..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Air

Air
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:41 PM

I think this would be a good idea for clans and very usefull to relay that there is a boss/people to pk/etc.. this idea would be very helpful to any clan..

Clan Alley Chat..

Chat between clan alley they should have a seprat chat from clan that you can talk to your alley's in the other clan and you can see then talk on that chat..

Its just an idea..

Post wut you think..

Thanx ---Air---
In game name!! Air/Audioslave

#2 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:58 PM

it sounds like a good idea
Thúg LíFè

#3 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

you mean ally chat :P

I dont see the point.

#4 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:21 PM

Part of me supports this idea because it would be great to be able to talk to people from other clans with greater ease, to get to know new people make new friends with greater ease- people that you might otherwise never manage to encounter as you travel the world of nightmist.

Part of me really doesn't:

I would hate this- another colour flooding my screen, when I probably don't know most of the people talking personally.
Just because I have a clan on my ally list doesn't mean I know EVERYONE in that clan, yes theres a large chance that I know a few of them, perhaps a lot of them... but no way do I know everyone.

Not only that but remembering which clans are also allys with each other and hence who can see which messages would confuse me a lot.
Working out who exactly the original messenger wants to see the message and who they don't...
Answering certain clans and not others could become a tricky business- while typically someone will know someone elses friends they wont necessarily know someones clan allies. Messages could quickly become overly vague and cryptic, and would only lead to annoying people.

On friend chat I can cope with it- but in large allied clans you are potentially talking a LOT of members talking.

Some clan might happen to be allied with a clan enemy of another ally. That first clan invites their whole ally list along on a trip/kill whatever... slaughter wouldn't be far behind once the reds came in contact, and watching your clan allies killing each other doesn't normally make for the most brilliant of times or the most productive of quests.

This is a bad idea in too many ways unfortunately, particularly with bosses- such things are usually kept secretive.
Would you really want to tell EVERY member of EVERY clan on your ally list which boss has spawned? Think about now many members those clans has, how many people would just have seen that message.

How many people might answer, and in doing so pass the message along to other clans... clans that eventually might become clans you don't necessarily like, leading to red and dead slaughter as mentioned above?

Surely if you really want to get along with another clan you add people that you know to friend chat and talk there. You can go on trips with them and perhaps meet others in their clan... or you could randomly introduce yourself to people in their clan if you feel that strongly about it.

But I don't think its needed

When you want to talk to people in other clans you presumably know them, and in that case they're probably on your friend chat anyway.
If you really want an entire clan to tag for bosses its just as easy to inform your friend over Friend Chat that there's a boss or people to pk (or people to rescue? ^^) and they can pass the message along to their clan that way.

I don't think Clan Ally Chat is necessary when Friend Chat achieves the same purpose.
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

supported

only if thre is a command to turn it off tho like f/clan chat
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:31 PM

this drives me insane. another chat, another toggle, another colour, and how many people use the current chats? i never use friend/enemy, because i can talk to only one person at a time. when it's on, i see fractions of a conversation, someone talking to someone on thier list, or two people on my list talking to one person and so on. i believe that's why we have toggles. the same would go for ally chats, and it's just unneccessary. seriously, if you're allied with the same clans your allies are allied with then just merge for chrissake. otherwise, it would be just another togglable feature that doesn't work all that well, but was easy enough to add.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#7 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

It's been suggested before and not liked as you can just add people to friends instead of getting confused/spamed with another gdm chat.

#8 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:11 AM

It's been suggested more than 10 times.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users