Photo

The Kill List

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

Poll: /Toggle Kill List (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the list be made /Toggle'able?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

Ok we've all been down this road before and given the recent changes i think it's the most positive solution to it. Some people like the kills they have acomplished over time and have the right to keep them and i'm all for that but the other argument is that it's abused to find pkz and compromises training spots which i admit have abused also.

So there it is, please keep this post respectable and give a reason for your choice, Thanks in advance.

-Chris.

#2 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'd say have the number of kills per each monster toggle-able, that way the kill lists aren't completely wiped out.
Autek in game.

#3 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

Ok we've all been down this road before and given the recent changes i think it's the most positive solution to it. Some people like the kills they have acomplished over time and have the right to keep them and i'm all for that but the other argument is that it's abused to find pkz and compromises training spots which i admit have abused also.

So there it is, please keep this post respectable and give a reason for your choice, Thanks in advance.

-Chris.

If it was made so that your kills list popped out in a seperate window, sort of like /web or /console, and not being visible on the website at all, I would support it. But the ability to toggle it would be abused. Turn it off when you're training, then turn it on when you are done, before you move to a new spot.

Why mess with something that has been this way for years? It was already changed so that it only updates daily.

Why not make changes that are needed instead of continuing to change something that is fine the way it is?

Edited by Eamon, 21 April 2010 - 01:46 AM.

#4 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Toggleable is the only logical solution. Kill list are nice, but whats the difference in killing 1 hedge minion and killing 10k of them. Bosses is another thing, and I support having some sort of list to show how many times you've "ks'd" a boss.

If it was made so that your kills list popped out in a seperate window, sort of like /web or /console I would support it. But the ability to toggle it would be abused. Turn it off when you're training, then turn it on when you are done, before you move to a new spot.

Why mess with something that has been this way for years? It was already changed so that it only updates daily.

Why not make changes that are needed instead of continuing to change something that is fine the way it is?

Thats like saying: "Why make towns ktp when they've been hit and runnable for years".

The reason it needs to be changed is the same reason that towns are not ktp. Because on main you would have to go through 20 characters to find where someone was training and even then it really didn't make any difference. On main I could hit and run train from town if I wanted to, but I could just as easily take 20 crits with full mana and go sit somewhere else. On 1a hit and running from town was overpowered at the beginning of the game and kill list are basically a gps on where people train. Even though it is 24 hours, whats the point of finding a new spot to train in when the next day they will see a new monster or a monster go up by a lot and check the areas that that monster is in.

Edited by Freek, 21 April 2010 - 01:51 AM.

Freek ingame.

#5 Aktar

Aktar
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Loc's are cheating haven't you heard! besides no one cares about mob kills except people tracking other's training progress in an attempt to pk with out doing any actual work or involving any skill while playing the game. How hard is it to open several browser pages and refresh a few after 24 hours. pretty cake.

ps:To see your boss achievements, type /achievements bosses, no one could give two turnips about any amount of monster they have killed. good day

Edited by Aktar, 21 April 2010 - 01:47 AM.

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Perhaps a time limit on the toggle (3 day waiting period), like how the character restore system works would sort that problem.

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Because it's now being used for reasons other than it was intended.

It's not fine, it's being abused.

Edited by Autek, 21 April 2010 - 01:49 AM.

Autek in game.

#8 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

It already only updates only once a day. I've been forced to move to different spots, moving a couple times a day, because a clan on 1a knows where I train.

Nightmist isn't rocket science. Sit and click. Sit and click.

Is it not easy enough as it is?

Because it's now being used for reasons other than it was intended.

It's not fine, it's being abused.

And it has been changed. Because it was being abused. It now only updates only every 24 hours.

#9 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

Sit and click? Thats nightmist? Oh you mean thats that one class that can sit out of town with there uber cheap vamp weapon and do that all day. For a second I actually thought that you were talking about the whole game. You know, the classes who rely on mana? Or how about the classes who rely on pots? Oh wait, thats not nightmist. Sit and clicking is nightmist, your right my bad.
Freek ingame.

#10 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

I agree this needs to be placed back in game, but i also think like Eamon thinks.. in that it needs to be a seprate box to bring up like /web or /console.. but only for that character, no one else will be able to see it and that makes every side happy.

People will have there lists back..

And the other people will still be able to train in safety of knowing that once they log they arent completely screwed.

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

1alt: Rot, Zipo, Immortal

#11 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:55 AM

Having it update every 24 hours only puts a damper on it being abused. It doesn't solve the problem of people being able to see the number of kills.

Like I said in my first post, if the number of kills being displayed was toggle-able, yet still show the monsters, it would be problem solved. Also, it would encourage people to get out and get a wide variety of kills on their list.

Not to mention bringing back traditional PvP.
Autek in game.

#12 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

Sorry. Log Ranger. Hypno. Log off ranger. Log on Mage. tap macros til mob dead. Log off mage. Log on ranger. Repeat.

#13 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

Sorry. Log Ranger. Hypno. Log off ranger. Log on Mage. tap macros til mob dead. Log off mage. Log on ranger. Repeat.

Could do that if I owned a ranger. Not to mention if thats what "everyone does" why are there so few rangers in game? Oh wait, because what "everyone does" is sit and click right? And what happens when I run outta mana?

Edited by Freek, 21 April 2010 - 02:01 AM.

Freek ingame.

#14 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

That would be a lot of trouble for the user to do, and could be a bannable offense if observed by staff. Problem solved.
Autek in game.

#15 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

So what? I like having my kills list, and if I want to see it, I have to let everyone see it?
Even the people that dont let people see theirs?
Theres no way to make the toggle fair.

Its either kill lists or none.

#16 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

Make the toggle work so that it's effective immediately and you can toggle it back on, check your kills if you want, and toggle it off. Another problem solved!
Autek in game.

#17 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

So what? I like having my kills list, and if I want to see it, I have to let everyone see it?
Even the people that dont let people see theirs?
Theres no way to make the toggle fair.

Its either kill lists or none.

Um untoggle it copy and paste it to word or screen shot it and retoggle it? Or am I confused.

Edit: I quit, Alan is to fast.

Edited by Freek, 21 April 2010 - 02:11 AM.

Freek ingame.

#18 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Wow...

Jordan instead of making paul look bad all your doing is showing us all how big of a duecher you can really be.

However, maybe if this was made into game something like /kill list and it brings up a 2 colomn style list on the actual ingame screen kinda a list like the one on web.. but this making it only seeable by the character your on.

With that idea you couldnt go and do.. /kill list on other players while on your character.

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

#19 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:14 AM

Loki Pages You from (Hidden): i assume you're prolly gonna suggest we want it changed becuz we're getting pk'd and ppl are crying, but really haven't we been pwnin ya'll hardcore lately?

Loki Pages You from (Hidden): i beg to differ and i have the logs :P

Paged User Loki: http://img255.images...607/pwnzord.jpg

Ah yes. We've been getting pked and owned so much Chris, that its people in DA that want things changed, right?
I'm sorry. I havent seen a member of Pandemonium in here asking for kills lists to be changed, even though you have abused it as well.

Hrm.

#20 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

Loki Pages You from (Hidden): well i went for the less coding option
Loki Pages You from (Hidden): JLH is alrdy fed up with the players and staff atm
Loki Pages You from (Hidden): why add more salt to the wounds?

Its already been changed to only update every 24 hours.

I do think that changing this would require more coding.

Why not quit whining?

#21 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

What did i say, keep the post respectable? all your doing Paul is trying to start a chain of flaming posts so please take it else where.

#22 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

Paged User Loki: http://img255.images...607/pwnzord.jpg

I'm missing all the fun :P
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#23 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

So hold on, there's a new leveling system on 1alt, because the old one was hard.

Nightshades now can kill you, because they were "being abused"

The kill list was already changed once.

Why make the game easier then it already is?

#24 Migraine

Migraine
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:20 AM

Yeah im with you matt, i wanted to be apart of the pwnzord but.. being banned is no fun.

-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-º±«×-

#25 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

This is just my personal opinion but if you don't want people finding you by watching your kill list just train in a different spot every day :P
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#26 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

You guys need to stay on topic. Bottom line, if you want a pk you should have to explore and look for it, rather than just looking up a location, or essentially a location with the website. This change would be across the board so everyone would benefit.

If you guys have an ingame conversation, keep it ingame. Lets have some intelligent discussion.

Also, the item leveling system was an alternate system for people. What's wrong with variety? I think anything that has to do with collecting and crafting is a benefit to the game.

Also, think about what a coliseum is. It's a controlled environment where foes are matched up against each other. It was right to make it one party at a time. You pay the little coliseum guard or whatever the fee and your party is matched against the foe. In a coliseum more parties wouldn't be able to barge in in the middle of a fight.

But that's off topic.
Autek in game.

#27 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

The problem with kill lists is that from a role play standpoint there is no way for a someone to look up exactly how many monsters and of which type other people have killed. Leaving the monster names would be fine, because 'word of mouth' might have traveled around the realm and people have heard of certain monsters so and so has been mighty enough to have slain.
Autek in game.

#28 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:35 AM

Nightmist is sitting in front of a computer screen all day clicking with your mouse and occasionally typing in clan/friend/enemy/general chat or pages.

Like I said, if it was something that you could still see, but only from the character you are looking at it from, and if there was an option to reset it before you moved it to another account, I would support it.

Is it really that hard to move the spot you train in occasionally?

I like the kills list because it can show suspicious activity. Which does make cheating more difficult.
If you come up with an idea that is fair, I'll support it.

But I don't support it.

Loki Pages You from (Hidden): your only thinking of yourself

And no, Im not only thinking of myself. I'm just not thinking the same way you are. Scott and Matt are thinking the same way I am.

From the Nightmist homepage

Nightmist is a highly-involved icon/text-based MUD (Multi User Dungeon).

Did I miss rpg in there somewhere?

Nightmist is a community-based game. Player interaction is an integral part of gameplay, from the transaction of various armors and wares, to player-versus-player combat.

Why change something that causes an already small playerbase to be even more able to sit in one spot forever and not worry about being seen?

Edited by Eamon, 21 April 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#29 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:40 AM

Well if you feel thats a better solution then by all means make a seperate poll/post about it but all i see you doing here is posting ingame chat logs, links to screenshots that will cause flaming which i see no need for since it's off topic and i don't see scott or matt doing that.. just you.

#30 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

This is just my personal opinion but if you don't want people finding you by watching your kill list just train in a different spot every day :P

OR, if you can't beat them, join em'!
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users