More Stealing

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:22 AM

In order to get to the current forums i had to google NM, go to the old forum, and use the link to the new forum, because i deal with opera. but while i was there i was reading old thief posts and saw that things i had been complaining about five years ago are still relevant so here goes...

1. steal more per turn. it's more fun that way.

2. steal from everyone. because lvl restrictions only encourage using crits as purses. 1-30 should be able to steal from 1-30. pacifists included, don't like it? hire a bodyguard to protect you like real pacifists would do throughout history.

3. steal more often. thieves used to be able to steal for dozens of turns consecutively. it wasn't so bad.

we have all these thieves, we should encourage them to steal.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#2 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:29 AM

;) I think so too
Aequitas In-Game

#3 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:08 AM

They are fine the way they are... you will never get it in that you can steal from pacifist because they can not hit back to get it back..the whole bodyguard thing is bogus to have someone sit there wit you 24/7.. the whole get rid of the rules and can steal from anyone 1-30 is bogus too..

come up with good ideas sometime soon please?
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:23 AM

lol Tony is that a flame I see there???

Anyway

I LOVE idea #2. Like, loads lol.

Heh I remember my lil brother used to snoop around floor 2 on Grudgebringer and steal uber koinzs ;)

Supported
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

I agree with what's said, as it'd make thieves a really fun class to play as, but I just can't see it happening.

Another idea, that'd make it very interesting, having it based also on the characters you're partied with/got logged on.

If I'm running about on 15 arch thieves, led by a Camo'ed Druid, my thieves stealing ability is severly reduced, after all, I'm trying to be as silent as possible, with a blubbering Druid next to me, and 14 other thieves giggling that I'll mess it all up. Hardly easy to concentrate!
However, if I'm on a lone Thief, trying to steal from someone else, my ability is hugely increased, after all, I'm doing what I've spent my entire life training to do.

Reason why it's dependant also on who you've got logged on, is so you don't just unparty while you're stealing, avoids abuse of the system.

- If not for NM, possibly something to consider for DS? Stealing working much better when solo...
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

deadman, thieves steal gold, let's let them. pacifists don't fight, but like every other restriction, it makes the crit an exploit for some players. you say it's unfair for paci's to get stolen from defenselessly, i think it's unfair for thieves to be unable to steal from crits with no sentient enemies. we're both right, but the points remain, paci's need more complex interaction with NM, and thieves need to steal from everyone.

Edited by EvilDognapot, 16 June 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#7 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

i concur
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#8 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:52 PM

All you have been doing is coming up with these out of this world ideas that will basically never happen.. Yeah, it may seem right but it will not happen. Only thing i can see is them stealing more often without being noticed maybe.

But, as for stealing from paci's no it shouldn't be done and won't more then likely.

I like that idea Alone, seems good for Ds but i doubt for here. Always the smart one. ;)

#9 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

I like that idea Alone, seems good for Ds but i doubt for here. Always the smart one. :wub:

I know what you're saying, it'd involve a big change to the system (I'd imagine, anyway), but there's no harm in throwing ideas out ;) Just hoping to spur someone on to something plausible.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#10 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:22 AM

All you have been doing is coming up with these out of this world ideas that will basically never happen.. Yeah, it may seem right but it will not happen. Only thing i can see is them stealing more often without being noticed maybe.

But, as for stealing from paci's no it shouldn't be done and won't more then likely.

I like that idea Alone, seems good for Ds but i doubt for here. Always the smart one. ;)

listen, please try and post constructively. i know my ideas have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but i'd rather hear why you THINK it SHOULDN'T happen not just an assumption of probability. if i posted on what i think would have the best chance of being added then i wouldn't post at all. i've been wasting space on the suggestions board for ages because i like to discuss how mmo's can be changed to create a more dynamic community that puts the content wall far past the horizon. of course i don't expect JLH to make MY utopia, but i do expect him and simon to read them when they get drunk or stoned or whatever they do and have a good chuckle at my expense.

that being said, why shouldn't paci's be robbed? do you think it's fair that their enemies are more predictable than any opponent in Mike Tyson's NES Punchout? do you think it's fair that they can play a game with training wheels on and get the same rewards? likewise, is it also fair that they can share thier spoils willingly with those who don't earn it, but those same spoils cannot be taken by those who don't earn it? paci's solo one way that benefits the entire account but is not kept in check by the community, is that fair?

#11 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

Paci's were meant to be a solo class that can not attack or be attacked plain and simple. So why should we let something steal gold off it when it can not retaliate in return? It doesn't fit that way and that is why it will not happen. That's the best reason i can give and it covers it just fine.

Paci's are just like little kids with training wheels once you get the hang of it you move up to the next thing. Yeah, I think it is good for the noobies to start slow and move up when they are ready.

Paci's should remain the way they are, not being able to be attacked, attack, or be stolen from.

#12 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

That's why people who started with crits besides paci's now use them as mains? Paci's are fun if you like to sit around and train without a care in the world, not if you're trying to play the game to it's full extent. If paci's are a solo class, like you said, everything they make should be for JUST them. Like EvilDognapot said, they are a solo class, but what they do effects thier whole account.

Why not just make it to where Paci's cannot give out items besides food/water, cannot give gold or even use the same account vault as the rest of the account. They are a solo class, why use what the rest of your account has?
Aequitas In-Game

#13 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

With that thinking, then surely their spells would have to be altered also. So they can't affect other players game-play at all.

For the record, I'm just using logic here. It's not what I believe should happen..
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#14 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, that too. They're a solo class, maybe they shouldn't even be able to talk to anyone else?
Aequitas In-Game

#15 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:57 PM

Wow taking everything I say out of proportion..... They are fine the way they are, and it is a long shot that they will change any. Let it die already.

#16 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:10 PM

if they were truly a solo class we should give them an offline version.

however, since they aren't a solo class and often exist in a player's stable for the sole benefit of the account as a whole they should be treated thusly. i like the fact that they can't fight back, and i think that's great because we can't kill them. that does not mean that exchanging wealth has anything to do with thier offensive or defensive capabilities.

1. pacifists can be bought and sold by other players.

2. pacifists can buy and sell things with other players.

3. pacifists can transfer gold to other players and vice versa.

4. pacifists have complete control over where thier gold goes.

i propose that a pacifist's control over gold and wealth is identical to other classes, and for that reason they should not enjoy protections over thier coinpurse. that's all. even in your last remark you cannot group thievery with physical attacks, they are different.

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:19 PM

I'd only agree with giving thieves that ability. If Pacifists were given Vision and that Greater Pact stopped stealing.

That way they'd be able to 'defend' themselves against it, and easier than a normal player.
I justify that it's easier, as it'd takes two stamina to stop the thief. Whereas a normal character has to actually kill them.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#18 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:38 AM

I'd only agree with giving thieves that ability. If Pacifists were given Vision and that Greater Pact stopped stealing.

That way they'd be able to 'defend' themselves against it, and easier than a normal player.
I justify that it's easier, as it'd takes two stamina to stop the thief. Whereas a normal character has to actually kill them.

that's supremely reasonable.

#19 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

Paci's are meant to be a solo class, but as long as something as simple as communication is done, pacis will never, EVER, be a solo class, so don't call them as such.

Back on topic, stealing.

As far as I know, thieves can still steal from pacifist, I haven't tried it in awhile, but when last I tried, it worked, and it should, less a pacifist have a bodyguard.

#20 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:18 PM

that's supremely reasonable.

Agreed ;)
Aequitas In-Game

#21 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#22 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:37 PM

I would fully support this change ;)

What the what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users