Hurry Up With 31 Plus Guilds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

i know that things have been buggy with nm1a lately, but could you PLEASE hurry up and make the 31 plus guilds... i know myself and dev have been ready to level to 32 for at least a week... maybe you should have made guilds etc before making the level higher
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

As staff have mentioned a few times, the opening of the 1-alt server and a lot of its new features were sprung on the staff suddenly. While I might have personally decided to have the Archmaster guilds allow for levelling up to level 32 or something, it is not my say. I can only assume the staff are planning it out carefully with bits and pieces of ideas from others and consideration in how hard they should be to access.

I would only say "sooner rather than later" if it does not mean sacrificing debugging and quality.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

Dear Eclypse,

Thanks very much for this creative and insightful thread. You've clearly spent enormous amounts of time in considering all the effort that is required to make changes to the game and how atrociously lazy and haphazard all the staff have been. Why, just yesterday, Elf and I were lounging around poolside thinking about how we weren't doing nearly enough to cater to your individual, personal needs.

Thank you also for your deep and thought-provoking analysis of how game design should occur. Perhaps you would offer to point us to your publications on this matter so that we might learn more from you.

As compensation for the untold pain and suffering this delay has inflicted on you, we'll happily refund every single penny that you have spent on our salary over the last two weeks. Please provide your mailing address so that we can stop by in person and deliver the oversized novelty check.

Snuggles and kisses,
Trevayne

p.s. Might I also add, your command of punctuation and capitalization are superb! Bravo!
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Zing!
Posted Image

#5 DragonHeart

DragonHeart

SnowMan1986

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

you should have closed the server while the new guilds were being implemented,then there would have been no problem. there was no reason what so ever for you to make fun of his spelling,not everyone can spell perfectly, and speaking of salary,you were VOTED by the players to be staff,you could have said no. while i appreciate your effort to make the game better,i disagree with you making fun of players,yes,he could have worded it better,but you could have just locked the thread and been done with it.

Edited by DragonHeart, 03 May 2007 - 09:43 PM.

Crusader/Raistlin/Spyhunter ingame

#6 Harley_Davidson

Harley_Davidson
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

ROFL!!!!! BRAVO!!!!! WELL PUT!!!!!!
Homicidal or Zakkwylde in game

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:38 PM

you should have closed the server while the new guilds were being implemented,then there would have been no problem. there was no reason what so ever for you to make fun of his spelling,not everyone can spell perfectly, and speaking of salary,you were VOTED by the players to be staff,you could have said no. while i appreciate your effort to make the game better,i disagree with you making fun of players,yes,he could have worded it better,but you could have just locked the thread and been done with it.

Know what? Screw you you little cabbage.
And screw Eclypse for making this post.
You can both shove your opinion where the sun doesn't shine.

We get players to whine with every addition and adjustment made to the game, which improve the way it works, and you then turn around to whine about things not being done.
It isn't as if you've had a character above arch in the past 6+ years the game has existed, why would you think it's so needed now?

Or perhaps you'd like to talk trash and have all production shut down. You realize that without Trevayne, this 1-alt server would have NO (I MEAN LITTERALLY ZERO) updates?
Let us go on whining so he quits and the game never moves along at all.
Do you think Trevayne can shut down the server? Really? Well he can't. If we could control it, NM-1alt would not have opened at all until things were adjusted.
I suggest neither of you even come close to insulting Trevayne or Elf anytime soon.
They do too much work to deal with your complaints. How about you message JLH on MSN.

If anyone cares to insult me for making this post in anger, or to try to push Trevayne along a bit more into not wanting to work for players because of a few ungreatful morons, I will see how long I can demand a forum and account stay locked, and then, when someone else unlocks either, I'll re-apply.
Then you can get some real staff abuse and inactivity.
-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:18 AM

Note to all staff:

Someone needs to keep Gaddy out of my pantry. He keeps eating all my cereal and it is starting to impact my performance at work. This is the third box of Malice Puffs that I've had disappear and I'm pretty sure he went through a whole box of my Furious Flakes this morning. How am I supposed to go out and inspire fear and abuse the playerbase if all I have to eat is some lame Marmite junk that Oracle won't even touch?If I find Gaddy is getting in to my Angry-o's, I'm going to have to start putting a padlock on the pantry door and if that happens, Scripto might well starve.

And Elf... stay the hell out of my bathroom. If I find pixie dust or whatever that freakish stuff is on my toothbrush again, I'm going to lose it.

-- Trevayne
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#9 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

staff 2- nm whiners 0 GG

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#10 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

Man people just have nothing better to do these days then to whine do they lol
Posted Image

Edited by Trance, 04 May 2007 - 01:35 AM.

All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#11 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

If anyone cares to insult me for making this post in anger, or to try to push Trevayne along a bit more into not wanting to work for players because of a few ungreatful morons, I will see how long I can demand a forum and account stay locked, and then, when someone else unlocks either, I'll re-apply.
Then you can get some real staff abuse and inactivity.
-Gaddy

well i guess that is a hell of a threat… heh... but i think trevayne had it under control with his ever so entertaining sarcasm... Anyways, crane gets my vote for most thought out reply to the post… “its not fair that we have the xp and cant lvl”… well a lot of things in life and on this game are not fair… such as how people were allowed to gate train for around 3 weeks and now new players cant… and how some people play main server and buy 1 alt stuff… and how some people with less xp than a clannie gets divine restoration drop before the guy who has 25 mill exp more than him… and of course that you cant lvl while you have the exp… these are things we must deal with… staff is trying and its more work that we “mortals” will probably ever know… so until your staff I suggest less “hating”… and if gaddy does go to banning or what ever… “yeah…. Less lag” haha….

PS... dragonheart = ______ < draw your own conclusion and stay tuned for a hell of a thred

P.S

Edited by Consumed, 04 May 2007 - 01:37 AM.

-Alias ingame-

#12 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:43 AM

Nightmist's staff is doing a great job imo.

Dont let the whiners get to you. Keep up the good work.

:)

#13 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

some amusing posts - locked though :)
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users