I Question My Ban.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 £ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ

£ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:04 AM

me and tony were just banned, apparently we get banned for talking trash to each other, err anti-social behavior was his words, now iam not against the fact that he was just inforcing the rules, but ive seen to many times ppl talking trash even trash with cussing in it infront of staff and not get banned, but we do(without cussing) and we get banned even w/o a warning? for something so small

so i staff out of no where(stadius or w/e) says, hmm, lets see... then braveheart(tony drops) and i drop, i log back on and then he's like whoa your stupid, says my accounts banned now cause i logged back on, i didnt even get banned, if i was the first time it wouldn't of let me on it would have it? yea i think thats bs bout the acc being banned now

Edit by Stadius-
Watch how you title things. I don't care if you are upset; I will straight away lock your forum account for a week if you care to act too immaturely about the situation.

#2 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

Yeah so 2 friends can't crack jokes without offending anyone given that Seek_And_Destroy even said he was not offended and knew we were kidding around yet we still are banned?
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:27 AM

1. There was swearing. Not by both parties, but I saw it.

2. It isn't my fault that I am not always around to ban people. It is your responsibility to abide by the rules at all times.

3. You were not banned the first time, neither was he. I reconsidered it and decided a warning wasn't really suiting since someone had basically said that kind of chat was not needed.

4. Your account was banned due to the /dayban not working. I made a ban that would work.
If you share or wanted a different alt, I understand what that sucks, but the rules still apply.

If you care to post some more about it, you may want to read the TOS about such situations. Though I don't mind being insulted or questioned, I prefer to enforce the rules in any rude or sensitive way I think applies, basically because sysops do not deserve to deal with people being rude to them. It is a position of authority, and we're treated as if we're defensless bugs that are to be stompped on by a fraction of the playerbase.
I don't mind banning every bit of that fraction.
I am not saying you harass staff or even that it was stupid to make the post, I understand the account ban isn't fun.
It's just a heads up to everyone.

It is near summertime. I may be on more. Get used to at least one staffer being basically 'harsh'. If there are problems, first PM me, without response, contact JLH.
GG, ty, bai.
-Gaddy

PS- Crack jokes in a private chat. You know the rules. You know I don't hold any grudge against either of you; in fact, I quite like Tony. However, that is how the rules apply.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

well put
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users