Hydra Body Improvements

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:30 AM

Make a long story short hydra body is way to weak for the main server you can kill it in a few rounds i suggest that it should have itleast 2x more HP on the multi alt server

Edited by IXThunderDomeXI, 10 October 2009 - 01:20 PM.

Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#2 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

Support.
Jaded ingame.

#3 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:34 AM

Long as it makes sense that 1a has appropriate amount of difficulty for a small swamp party, most of the time multi players have more than 10 thieves training. So...

SUPPORT'D

Fractions FTW
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

1a is fine. This is a multi-alt suggestion.

10x seems a bit much tho. Then again I've never pwned swamps with 20 crits lol. Can't really say supported as I have no experience with Hydra Body and 20 alts. But if those of you that do have experience agree, then it only makes sense.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 brackish

brackish
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

Supported

Tom and Friends

#6 BerserkedFrenzy

BerserkedFrenzy
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:05 AM

1a is fine. This is a multi-alt suggestion.

10x seems a bit much tho. Then again I've never pwned swamps with 20 crits lol. Can't really say supported as I have no experience with Hydra Body and 20 alts. But if those of you that do have experience agree, then it only makes sense.

Yeah, no, I wasn't saying 1a needed improvement. I was commenting on how 1a had the appropriate difficulty, where multi is extremely easy. I mean I can clear out swamps in maybe five minutes and I have to wait for a while before the swamp stuffs respawn. I'm also talking Giant Snapper Turtles, too. Everything in swamps can be wiped out easily. So...

I believe that JUST the Hydra Body and Heads need HP tweaking. Heads need maybe twice their HP, and Body needs to have a real boss-like HP. For some reason when I say Hydra Body, I think "Just another mob to kill" not "w000t boss."
Våg®åñt §ºùl

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:19 AM

I feel that the Hydra Body is well balanced as it is currently.
If you increase his HP, it will be even easier to train thieves and berserkers without ever leaving the swamps between levels 1 and 26. I don't think this should be further encouraged.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I feel that the Hydra Body is well balanced as it is currently.
If you increase his HP, it will be even easier to train thieves and berserkers without ever leaving the swamps between levels 1 and 26. I don't think this should be further encouraged.

Well your right this post might be a bit bias because i can destroy everything in there with my lvl18's but i still think it should get a HP boost due to the fact that swamps is completely useless to a full party at this time, thanks for the input!

Edit it so its 2x instead of 10x would allow abit more training but cant stay there all day

Edited by IXThunderDomeXI, 10 October 2009 - 01:21 PM.

Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#9 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

i still think it should get a HP boost due to the fact that swamps is completely useless to a full party at this time, thanks for the input!

It is supposed to be useless for a 20 man party. Look at the size of it, or the size of the part thats worth training on with the torch. You can choose to level around 5 chars fast there, but if you want to train a full party, I suggest training in a full area.

Edit1: If there would be a change, and it got somewhat appealing. Then every full low leveled party would go there, and there would be nothing for the smaller parties (or even for the big parties, since one party will still tear through it all), so it's best to make it not that rewarding to go in with 20 characters.

Edit2: People always complain that there are only a few ares worth training in, and all others are useless. But it's suggestions like these (or rather implementations like these) that make for it to happen. You buff up a few areas and all others become obsolete.

All in all I'm going to have to say not supported :P
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#10 Scream

Scream
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

EPIC IDEA supported

:P

Edited by Scream, 10 October 2009 - 04:55 PM.

Lancelot

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

If you want to use the area really effectively for a full party, macro /unequip and /equip, kill everything there, and run between the Swamps and Gendreas with a normal weapon, a machete, and a torch.
Really, the spawn time for the swamp lends itself to running through and leaving repeatedly---which also helps with avoiding PKers and with powertraining druids, berserkers, or thieves.

I've done this with all three classes----though not always with Gendreas as the alternate point, as it is a longer run than necessary. Often works to simply go between Bandit Leader and the Swamp.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users