16 replies to this topic

#1 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

Name: Hide-away
Level: 26

Description: When used, the user will go into a 'covert' mode so that they cannot be seen. The user's stamina is reduced to zero and s/he cannot move nor attack. The stamina will not regain until Hideaway is taken off by means of re-casting it. If the user is in a party, the party will simply go on without the user and he or she will simply stay behind. The user may not attack, move, or say anything in general chat. (Only Page/Friend/Clan/Enemy)

Effects: The user's HP will regain 3 times as fast. Any poison effects will be cut in half every 20 seconds.

Example: 30 poison damage: 20 seconds: 15 poison damage: 20 more seconds: 7 damage... etc until poison is gone. (Rounded down always.)

When you increase to level 26: Upon recieving your increased stamina rate and mastery of darkness, you undergo rigorous training and learn a means of greater revitilization and stealth.

When used (1st person): You sneak off to the side of the path and setup a hideout in a slender ditch.

When used (to all): Satterlee cloaks himself and slides away into a small hideout.

When taken off (1st person): Feeling rejuvinated, you swiftly pack up your belongings and get ready to move on.

When taken off (to all): Suddenly, emerging from an almost invisible shelter, you see Satterlee stand up.

When uncovered (1st person): You look over and see JLH peering at you and your make-shift hideout!

When uncovered (to snitch): Out of the corner of your eye you see something move, and then see the outlines of a figure stand up...

When uncovered (to all): As you look over at JLH, you notice him examining a suspicious looking figure in the distance.

Notes: Vision will uncover the thief hidden away. Everytime someone (anyone) enters the square there is a 30% chance that the thief will be uncovered. Cannot be done in front of anyone you can't /covert in front of. Items cannot be picked up, dropped, or thrown in any direction/at somebody. If the thief uncovers himself, he gets 3 stamina back instantly. If he is uncovered by another player by means of entering a square and/or /vision he will be left with only 1 stamina.

Edited by Satterlee, 01 August 2005 - 06:05 PM.

I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#2 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

............. *picks his nose*............ *rolls the booger around between his fingers*......No....*flicks it on JLH*
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:46 PM

I doubt people would use this, to be honest, due to the massive alt-usage of today's Nightmist realm. A skilled player who sees them hide-away will either stick around for them to un-hide-away or cast Vision and pound them to pieces.

Also, Thieves do not use magic to hide, only their skill, and if people can see them they cannot easily conceal themselves, which is why they can only hide when no-one is about.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

It uses its stamina, not magic, as you see above, because it's reduced to zero.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:32 PM

It uses its stamina, not magic, as you see above, because it's reduced to zero.

I meant magic in the sense of how they vanish in front of everybody!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

Well Crane, as always, well said.

I agree with your first point, many players would not use this because of today's theory of "OMFG I > U NUB"... But for the role-player, Solo'ist (1 alt) or maybe even a crowd of 2-3 alts, this could come in very handy for healing purposes.

As for your second point concerning the fact that the thief would not be able to hide in front of anyone being that he is using a skill and not magic, this ability shall go along with the conditions of /covert. It will only be able to /hideaway if s/he is alone and/or if there is a friendly with him.

Cannot be done in front of anyone you can't /covert in front of.

I hope I have made myself clear. Please leave your comments, questions and/or constructive criticism. ^_^

Poker in-game.

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:18 AM

I've never heard of a thief (non-magical) that could just sit in the shadows and recover faster. Without magical help, it seems like any class should be able to do that.
Posted Image

#8 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:08 AM

My reasoning is that a thief is easier hidden than the other classes. Hence, he can lay down and rest unseen.

I guarantee you'll feel better after 20 minutes of laying down than after 20 minutes of jumping rope. It's all common sense to me.

Poker in-game.

#9 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:32 AM

so basically autoheal on thieves? Meaning you could take a party out to desert round a scorpion covert and be ready to go again in a manner of 10 seconds since they all regain stam after initial "Hide-Away" and "Unhidden" and if needed be just stay hidden for a few more rounds and be healed fully... I want my thieves to come with vision, and my dwarves should be allowed to be rangers... oh and Clerics should be removed.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#10 _-(ÕútÇãst)-_

_-(ÕútÇãst)-_
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:33 AM

Seeing as you all want to be so real if its in hide away the chance to be seen when some one walks in the room should be raised to 40-60% if a friendly unhiden in on the square. The person walking in the room could spot the uncovereds eyes peering into the hide aways hiding spot ^_^ and maybe even impliment that for covert o0.

#11 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

My reasoning is that a thief is easier hidden than the other classes. Hence, he can lay down and rest unseen.

I guarantee you'll feel better after 20 minutes of laying down than after 20 minutes of jumping rope. It's all common sense to me.

And concealment determines if you can lie down or not?

What stops a fighter from lying down for 20 minutes? A fighter could find a nice, secluded part in the realm and simply lie down. Logically, he would recover just as fast as a thief who is also lying down.

Of course, the thief doesn't run the risk of randomly being ambushed while he (or she) rests but, thief or fighter, lying down will make most classes feel rested for about the same amount.

And if anything, lying down in a ditch would make you feel less rested. Flies buzz around your face while mud starts to cake your clothing. You're wet and you can smell an odd stench coming from the ground - it's not pleasant.

I guarantee you'll feel a lot worse if you fall asleep tonight next to a dead fish.
Posted Image

#12 _-(ÕútÇãst)-_

_-(ÕútÇãst)-_
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:55 AM

^_^

#13 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

And concealment determines if you can lie down or not?

What stops a fighter from lying down for 20 minutes? A fighter could find a nice, secluded part in the realm and simply lie down. Logically, he would recover just as fast as a thief who is also lying down.

Of course, the thief doesn't run the risk of randomly being ambushed while he (or she) rests but, thief or fighter, lying down will make most classes feel rested for about the same amount.

And if anything, lying down in a ditch would make you feel less rested. Flies buzz around your face while mud starts to cake your clothing. You're wet and you can smell an odd stench coming from the ground - it's not pleasant.

I guarantee you'll feel a lot worse if you fall asleep tonight next to a dead fish.

Concealment does determine whether or not a party will see you and own you. Yes, concealment does play a part. Would you put your bed in your front yard and sleep there? (Don't answer that.)

As for your point about all classes being able to lie down and rest, yes, you're correct they can rest. But can they do it totally hidden? Do they possess the skills/nature needed to stay out of sight? I don't think so.

Edit: ..and considering your comment concerning waking up next to dead fish with flies all over the place: I've lived in the country for the majority of my life, I have walked 2 miles up the road, felt tired, walked a couple hundred yards/metres into the forest and fallen asleep. Then I would wake up a couple hours later and go home, unharmed.

Edit #2: To Evergrey: It's an extremely slow healing process, which doesn't make it so powerful.

Edited by Satterlee, 02 August 2005 - 06:37 AM.

Poker in-game.

#14 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:51 AM

Update: After a bit of research I found out that my thief regains 1 health point every 20 seconds.

If we were to multiply that by 3 we'd be gaining back 3 points every 20 seconds. Which makes it only 9 points a minute. Which means if we wanted to heal ourselves of 100 health points, We would have to wait a little more than 11 minutes. That's putting us at half an hour to heal 300 damage, so for an arch dwarf thief packing 325 hp (average), it would take 36 minutes to fully heal his or herself.

I don't see how over-powering that is to be honest.

Edit: Add in the factors of not being able to defend yourself if caught, not being able to move, get/drop items, speak in general chat, and overall putting yourself at risk, I think it's a pretty balanced ability.

Edited by Satterlee, 02 August 2005 - 06:52 AM.

Poker in-game.

#15 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

not needed/dont like the idea
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

if anything is changed/added with classes it needs to be fighters fixed
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

unsupported, and a generally retarded idea
/shrug
nothing personal
Jaded ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users