• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

So, I have this Dwarf Cleric. And some times I take it underground to battle the undead. One thing I've noticed is that the damage done to a Skeleton (above ground) and damage done to a Demoniic Soldier (under ground) remains the same. Dwarves have an underground damage bonus but it does not appear to affect a cleric's healing damage. All in all, this doesn't make much sense to me. I can't seem to find a logical explanation why a Dwarf Cleric's damage bonus would not be added but a Dwarf Thief/Zerk/Fighter would.

Would appreciate it if someone would care to enlighten me or fix the problem at hand. Thanks

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#2 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:52 AM

Makes sense, but I don't know if the coding differentiates between whether the spell is healing or doing damage. It would probably have to be that dwarven clerics heal for an increased rate period, which would be beyond the intentions of the underground bonus.

Like I said, makes sense, but don't know if the coding would work.
Autek in game.

#3 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

I don't think it effects healing, afterall, its there size what gives them an advantage underground for fighting with weapons, not spells :P
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#4 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

I arched 3 dwarf clerics and never noticed that it didnt give a bonus... thats funny to me... But i dont see why it wouldnt give the bonus tbh though.. /shrug
Apocalypto

#5 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

I don't think it effects healing, afterall, its there size what gives them an advantage underground for fighting with weapons, not spells :P

That makes more sense.
Autek in game.

#6 Guess

Guess
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Not to mention almost every undead monster is underground giving them more damage per spell. In essence more exp per round, making them one of the easiest clerics to train.

#7 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

And one of the best choices i might add :P
Apocalypto

#8 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

Would the undergroud bonus make them stronger than Elves? Seems that alot of undead are underground. Heal stronger on players at all the underground bosses too. I don't support a change to their healing.

#9 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Maybe if they werent one of the better two classes to use i could see a change needed. Ling/dwarf ftw though.
Apocalypto

#10 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

I just got lost in Ryan's huge brain. Oh, wait.. Didn't I just step over this crack? X.X

I KEED I KEED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users