Photo

Should Nm Multi Have Pk Turned Back On?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should NM Multi have PK turned back on?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Choose an option above
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#2 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Yes Plz.
Peacemaker both servers.

#3 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

a big YES
Page me on Heritage

#4 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

/nod
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#5 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Seems all of the bad pkers on 1A want the pkz turned back on over at Main. Gotta load up your 20 and pwn don't ya?

And for you guys who strictly have played main for the last few years, if it does get turned on, pwn their faces good, and keep up the 1A tradition. Oh, and get used to afterpages of name calling and cheating. So you bad pkers on 1A, I guess you guys keep up that tradition as well?

Edited by Walt, 01 January 2009 - 08:26 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#6 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Most definately!

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#7 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Only People who still play multi or have any intention of playing multi again if it goes back PK should vote!

Edited by Cadabra, 01 January 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Most players got on with each other before it was disabled. I'm not a PKer myself, but I'm okay with seeing it turned back on, as long as explosives become damaging again and places like the Museum are put back as they were, considering the high gold yield was present because of the PK risk.

PKing will take on a different role on multi-alt; it is generally easier to stay out of trouble and keep out of each other's way. Those who PK and then rub it in their victims' faces will probably find themselves not having very many friends, and definitely no teammates for places like Shifting Sands and the Dvergar Stronghold, but at the same time, the option to PK is there for those who want to stop a kill-thief or someone blocking a spawn.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#9 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

I agree with the PK been turned back on. That is why I have been begging Wes, JLH for the vote option, I really think with PK turned back on will change the multi server to seeing a few more people online working for stuff again :ph34r:. With this been turned back on doesn't force people to go out and PK and a lot of the players that play the multi can handle themself's anyways.

And as Crane stated above players who rub it in will not be invited on trips to teamwork area's. I think we should have the option to kill or not-to-kill

I am glad to see the Admin and Staff of Nightmist listening to the player's views of this matter and I hope this works out for the majority of us.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

I am hoping though that the multi-alt server is not infested with hordes of griefers and the honourable, respectable players become the minority. The powerful non-PKers will be okay for a while, but not for long, and those who use only a handful of crits and play to relax and have fun will start having problems.

Crumbs... there's a lot at stake...

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#11 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

Turn it back on and bring the little kids that want to use 20 to kill i'll own them all... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#12 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

Turn it back on and bring the little kids that want to use 20 to kill i'll own them all... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

You have too much stuffz... Think marks account needs a reset :ph34r:

#13 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

Hello Druid and 19 thieves. Hit and run ftw anyone? hehe
Peacemaker both servers.

#14 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

I've noticed that some people seem to have started training crits on the multi-alt server again, possibly in anticipation of the option to PK returning. Even if PKing does not come back, said players may at some point think "Oh wait, I can also use my crits to take on the Time Knight! Sweet!"

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#15 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

You don't play anyways josh.

Turn it on.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

For the love of god switch it back on!

This would bring me back for sure ;)

Quick-note:
It appears I have 7 stam on alot of my crits :ph34r:

Edited by Prophet, 02 January 2009 - 08:33 PM.

Si Senior!

#17 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

another plus is that it would make clan allies and enemies actually mean something again
Page me on Heritage

#18 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

i voted yes because all the main players want it on, and i think it is the main purpose of the game.. however, if it causes a big shift in the amount of players from 1a to main there will need to be some adjustments on the 1a token system..

#19 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

The 1alt token system is the way it should be. Maybe we can clear up some of the ignorant people that the nopk lock on multi caused them to jump to 1alt.

I voted yes for the pk to be turned back on as well.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#20 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

Bickering may come at the expense of this getting done. So knock it off.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#21 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

lol.. tony and walt try to ruin everything.. its fun for them... and i meant if there was a big enough shift that 1a has the numbers main currently has(very few)

#22 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

lol.. tony and walt try to ruin everything.. its fun for them... and i meant if there was a big enough shift that 1a has the numbers main currently has(very few)

I say, turn pk back on for nm main and shut down nm1a for good. Would be best the update to ever happen to nightmist. :ph34r:
Does not play well with others.

#23 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

I say, turn pk back on for nm main and shut down nm1a for good. Would be best the update to ever happen to nightmist. :ph34r:

im up.. would really be up if 1a stuff could transfer to main ;)..

#24 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

im up.. would really be up if 1a stuff could transfer to main ;)..

Or keep nm1a but block registering new characters on there so it would wither away slowly. Anyways, pk should be back on 100%
Does not play well with others.

#25 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

ahh i wrote a big reply but the forum ko'd me

it went along the lines of saying "orly :ph34r:" to mark then talking about if turning it on would bring more people? whats the current situation with multi atm anyway. i logged on for the first time in a long time today to check memo's and restore names etc and i didnt see a soul (this is multi btw).

i think it'd be worth a try. as far as i can tell, the economy isn't really at its greatest. turning it on might just bring more people - whats the worst that could happen?
Disaster ingame.

#26 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

I really wanna know the 4 people who voted no, because really they don't give a pregnant dog what happens to the multi server. How can anyone really think this wont work?? All it can do is get better :ph34r:
Cry me a river!

#27 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

unless i see a good enough reason otherwise - i will turn PKing back on on Friday 9th at midnight (gives staff enough time to change anything as needed)
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#28 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

change what ?

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#29 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

change what ?

I can only think of one thing. Bombs :ph34r:
Cry me a river!

#30 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

Bombs need to be changed back, but I do not know the values that were on them.
I actually am not even sure if I know all of the bombs...

Then, we need to chat as a team about a few things-
The Museum
Random Bosses (new and to be put in)
Limiting Crafting (no quest like items)
Potions (new? Values with 31+ hp, costs)

But before most of these, we can just wait to see if people even come with PKing back.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users