1a

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 06:29 AM

So after being asked in game how I got a berserker to 36 in just over 7 days game time a nerf of the bd comes not even 12 hours after? And doesnt take into consideration that I was clericed by sharer the entire time with enhance, RF, and CE. Oh, and some was done during dbl exp as well but since its considered too fast it gets a nerf? Why is the answer to everything a nerf instead of looking at the items that dont perform well and bring them up. Just seems targeted since it was fine before I was questioned..

#2 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 02:59 PM

erebus lance nerf does not really make sense and should be reverted

I got a pally 1-31 with just 1 day of game time and that is a damn paladin not a zerker

with stake training or any other 2x mod weapon I could easily reach 36 in the next 120-144 hours of gameplay on any crit if I had a sharer buffing me the entire time

paying 1m for a 21 base weapon is silly

at this point a person may as well shop sell and buy one of the superior monster table weapons that can be used more universally lol

Edited by Hansol, 08 February 2022 - 03:02 PM.

#3 Banishment

Banishment
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 03:07 PM

erebus lance nerf does not really make sense and should be reverted

I got a pally 1-31 with just 1 day of game time and that is a damn paladin not a zerker

with stake training or any other 2x mod weapon I could easily reach 36 in the next 120-144 hours of gameplay on any crit if I had a sharer buffing me the entire time

paying 1m for a 21 base weapon is silly

at this point a person may as well shop sell and buy one of the superior monster table weapons that can be used more universally lol

^ This. I believe Druid and Ranger was also removed.

"Rules for thee but not for me."

#4 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 04:18 PM

I actually did sell mine. It seems pretty inconsistent with the others now.

Ares, Apollo, Asclepius, Athena, Adonis (°±»Còñü§mêЫ­­±°) 

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 02:44 AM

I did bring up the speed of training as being odd with staff.

Honestly, I was flagging it as concern that there is some kind of abuse - like former staff altering monster XP or something. I did not think that speed of training was able to be done, but I don't play 1-Alt. On Main, that rate of XP gain would be pretty incredible - at least from my understanding.

I could be missing some primo training options, or the games could be even more different than I realized.

While I don't think 2 base damage changes things very much at all, I get why it feels like targeting or upsetting. I get being frustrated by a minor nerf to something you talked about with me, and it was not my intent to have that occur.

If the gear is meant to enable training, then that does seem like it should be what it does very well. I was shocked by the speed, but I was probably neglecting some of the commentary about x2 XP and hyper-focus on training rather than varying play styles. The crit averages something like 18m XP/hour - which is absolutely bonkers compared to even regular focused training rates when starting from level 1 - at least from my recollection.

I've been a proponent of having leveling be more practical for a long time. The grind is far too tedious for adults in 2022 vs. the playerbase of the early 2000s (when the game also stopped at 250m XP for level 30). 

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 04:41 AM

It also has 25m kill exp from pam, 5m from bd, and 2x 5mill from red dragon.

And those are 120, 105, and 105 pod for the times it didn't kill.

Some of the red dragon/blue dragon would have been 210pod because of double xp+Dragonbane mod. Nightmist is all strategy.

Edited by «Chão§phê®ê», 09 February 2022 - 04:45 AM.

#7 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 04:58 AM

Well like I said before we both work 3rd shift and nearly live on opposite sides of the country. We play mornings only for the most part and sometimes at night on weekends if we are off. The speed is really the combination of cleric, lance and dbl exp and like Ryan said the bosses that Boo has killed.

But the main thing is I just hate (even as little as it is) we have to nerf instead of bring other things up a little. If it was Only 2 bd nerf why was the nerf needed?

Also Thief class needs more help than any class. Its the only class that is pretty much used for nothing. Cant really bring them to bosses because its a damage loss over any other class.

#8 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 12:45 PM

The game needs a tune-up from the ground up. The Character creation for starters, then the game xp itself really needs to be reworked badly. It shouldn't take ages to get to level 40 on regular characters using regular weapons. Weapons also need to be redone to make them fit the game as well. Not everyone plays the same way and being a 22 year old game should have some upgrades regularly. Especially for old players that have been playing since the beginning. Other games get regular updates. And we should be able to pick our stats on character creation. Not just what's given to us. I have always hated the rolling aspect. It's way too outdated. 

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#9 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:50 PM

I think there's a middle ground to be found.  The roller is outdated, but unless someone is able to and willing to make changes to the Nightmist server and client, I don't think it's happening.  I'm aware that even tabletop AD&D has a more modern rolling system now.  But if the engine remains static, we're stuck with it for now.

I personally like how it takes a long time to get to 40, since that's a kind of unique aspect of the game and makes hitting 40 all that sweeter.  For 1-alt in particular, once you hit 30, that's when the game gets serious really, and after level 37 or 38, the final gains are mostly bonuses.  For multi-alt, anything after about 35 is a bonus usually, although you always get your final stamina gain at level 40 which, for a couple of classes, nets you higher stamina regeneration too.

There are a few sources of high XP gain on 1-alt (in no particular order)

• The training weapons, especially if you find a high XP monster and have a Cleric buffing you.
  • The Torch in the swamps, up until you reach level 26.
  • Bosses.  Landing the kill-shot nets you a hefty XP bonus - the harder the boss, the higher the prize (as mentioned, Pamola, a legendary bird spirit, nets you 25,000,000 XP).
  • A periodic, low-level fetch quest gives you 100,000 XP, and can be claimed by anyone of level 10 and above.
  • A later quest, although not as focused in that there's a lot of luck and commitment involved, has a prize of 1,000,000 XP and can be claimed by anyone of level 17 and above.

#10 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 01:22 PM

I think the main point is that it was reactionarily done with on anecdotal peice of information, from the outside. They all are op'd. But this game isn't all that fun in many ways.... Training is almost like a mooseing job its so dull lol.

So Lindsey advocating for buffs to make the game enjoyable enough to keep people around is a godsend. And reducing the weapons, however innocently, directly in response to a single isolated incident from 1 crit... (and that was created by someone who doesn't know 1-alt) is not the best look.

Same with pking. It was very, very minimal and was directed at players that had plenty to say until it went down. But they cried to staff and a knee-jerk decision was made.

It is what it is. I'm all for changes good and bad. But I'm also not a brick. I can see the intent behind a change /shrug. Be real about it and present your reasoning.

Edited by «Chão§phê®ê», 10 February 2022 - 01:31 PM.

#11 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 01:27 PM

Also I'll bite on the exp tracks mentioned. Why is logging on simply to give a rope over and over for 100k to the point that a person levels crits to 30 entirely off of it less of an issue than .2 bd?

It's because Q is abusing the idea of the quest... but you dont have to mess it up for everyone.. let hjm be,, but maybe make Kaylas house pkable lmao...

Anyways,, point is you don't kerf items that most people utilize solo, to slow a single account that understands 20 minutes rd/hance/ce is more efficient than 3x+ that amount solo.

#12 Gregory67

Gregory67
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 06:25 AM

Also 18m per hour isnt a lot. I gain roughly 10-12m on my characters per hour when utilizing training weapons without spells. But putting a 2x mod on a bezerker on 100 pod where you always hit and then you make it so all the spells work on that said mob because undead 100 pod is the best exp in game. Just simple observations. Just multiply 1200*100(Prolly on the low end) every 10 seconds you do the math.

1-Alt Only--Nighthawk In-game

#13 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, Boo was hitting basically 800-1200s on smites 4 stam. 5 stam regains now so would be even better.

Edited by Nerve, 13 February 2022 - 08:44 AM.

#14 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 07:13 AM

So after being asked in game how I got a berserker to 36 in just over 7 days game time a nerf of the bd comes not even 12 hours after? And doesnt take into consideration that I was clericed by sharer the entire time with enhance, RF, and CE. Oh, and some was done during dbl exp as well but since its considered too fast it gets a nerf? Why is the answer to everything a nerf instead of looking at the items that dont perform well and bring them up. Just seems targeted since it was fine before I was questioned..

lol i did this a few times. noone cared. prolly cuz i just traded them off after 33+ became a commitment.

i think it was something dumb like 29 hrs to level 33 on a helf lol  (swamps>gnderas>bone gardens  full buffs the whole time)

"Wake Up!!" 

#15 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 12:23 PM

Nobody would have cared about boo if blake leveled it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users