Rangers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

i just thought i'd throw this out there but is anyone else aware that rangers can still hnr from town gates? by using hypno to force the monster to not drag?

nin has abused this awhile now in ss lol figured i would throw it out there sense he been doing it long enough now lol

i allmost got me a ranger just because of this myself lol (he pointed out to me w/o knowing)

i also am dumb and didnt think of it lol

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

I knew when I saw "Rangers" and "Hustle" that you'd be whining about something. You've built quite a reputation for yourself. Grats.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

I knew when I saw "Rangers" and "Hustle" that you'd be whining about something. You've built quite a reputation for yourself. Grats.

and here comes pande defending something that should be changed because their clannies use it and someone else pointed it out.. you guys built quite the reputation for yourselves as well.. congratulations for that sir.

Edited by Apocalypto, 26 August 2009 - 01:01 AM.

Apocalypto

#4 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

and here comes pande defending something that should be changed because their clannies use it and someone else pointed it out.. you guys built quite the reputation for yourselves as well.. congratulations for that sir.

Lol I guess now defending clannies who play the game well is a bad thing.

i just thought i'd throw this out there but is anyone else aware that rangers can still hnr from town gates? by using hypno to force the monster to not drag?

nin has abused this awhile now in ss lol figured i would throw it out there sense he been doing it long enough now lol

i allmost got me a ranger just because of this myself lol (he pointed out to me w/o knowing)

I don't know if you know but.. Rangers can hit and run from anywhere...
Hypno is a basic ability for rangers. Using it well is not abusing it.

Corinne in-game.

#5 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:10 AM

Apocalypto raises the B.S flag.

being able to hypno and run is not the problem at hand.. the problem is that i could hypno the kill to pass scorpion at silver sail gates, log off of my ranger... log onto my low lvl mage and hit and run at the gates (i.e gate train).. wasnt that the whole point of ktp's?...

come on now sarah... it needs changed, no need to pretend like it doesnt

edit:recall jono being accused of autotraining because he couldnt be pk'd while gate training?....

Edited by Apocalypto, 26 August 2009 - 05:15 AM.

Apocalypto

#6 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

being able to hypno and run is not the problem at hand.. the problem is that i could hypno the kill to pass scorpion at silver sail gates, log off of my ranger... log onto my low lvl mage and hit and run at the gates (i.e gate train).. wasnt that the whole point of ktp's?...

Yeah, you could do that. Or you could double hypno a random Sand Viper in the maze and hit and run that. Or you could have your friend sit on a covert thief while you hit and run. Or an invis'd mage. Or a camo druid.
Thats totally unfair. So lets change hypno, covert, invis, and camo.

How about we just play the game?

Corinne in-game.

#7 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

The point of ktp's was so you couldn't hit and run from a safe square in town. Which isn't the case here. In this case they are hit and running from the other side, not from the town side (as it's still ktp no matter how bad you hypno it).
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#8 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:06 AM

The point of ktp's was so you couldn't hit and run from a safe square in town. Which isn't the case here. In this case they are hit and running from the other side, not from the town side (as it's still ktp no matter how bad you hypno it).

if that is the case then sarah is arguing about nothing.. because this was the only thing i agreed called for a change.. if he is just hypnoing and not actually gate training (which i guess surely would have been figured out prior to now) then its no big deal...
Apocalypto

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

At this point, can't people just go PK the players gate-training, if it is really a nuisance?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

edit:recall jono being accused of autotraining because he couldnt be pk'd while gate training?....

At this point, can't people just go PK the players gate-training, if it is really a nuisance?

may i add he wasnt auto training.. and nobody could hit him he was going so fast

i believe it was trevayne that was the involved staff in said case... but like i said, if they arent gate training, which i believe is correct, than there isnt a problem... in my opinion atleast
Apocalypto

#11 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:24 AM

Might post a solution to the entire KTP problem in a short while and have people vote whether they would like the change or not. These issues can stay on hold till then.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#12 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

i allmost got me a ranger just because of this myself lol
(he pointed out to me w/o knowing)

You remind me of a Valley Girl, but instead of using "like" the way they do, you use "lol".

Might post a solution to the entire KTP problem in a short while and have people vote whether they would like the change or not. These issues can stay on hold till then.

I look foward to a whole lot of "lols" in the post as well :P .

may i add he wasnt auto training.. and nobody could hit him he was going so fast

We both know he was using a macro program, and not auto training.

Edited by Walt, 26 August 2009 - 06:33 AM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#13 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

what ever you want to think... 'asdfghjkl': smashing f1-f9 in that fashion s, s, /cast blast/ogre, /cast blast/ogre, /cast blast/ogre, n, n and leaving f8 and f9 blank and you can move really fast.. cody did the same thing hit and running while pking.. and what is auto training if not using a macro program?

Edited by Apocalypto, 26 August 2009 - 06:39 AM.

Apocalypto

#14 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

this is geting off topic fast

first off this is considered abuse to rangers ability because the ranger (nin pointed this out to me while i was pking him and dieing to others lol by dragin the ss ktp 1 square east double hypno it then going back into town and hit and running it from in town, 2 squares east, hiting, 2 squares west back into town) is using its ability to do something that is considered "bad".

sarah, your arguement is pathetic, if it was a thief for example siting on the square for the other person to hnr the monster, well thats just team work, we're talking about a single handed person, and we're talking about going from in town to out of town hitting a monster and coming back into town, this is only possible by 1 character which is a ranger lol

#15 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

I never thought gate training was a bad thing, just like clerics +20 healing bonus. Both were changed because in the beginning, all the best people got lvl 30s really quick by taking advantage. But what did they take advantage of..the game mechanics, or the fact they didn't have pkers that were higher lvl?

I say gate ktps should be removed and also reinstate clerics +20 healing bonus for the lawls.

About rangers, I always saw it as thieves have dotw, druids have morph, rangers have hypno, and paladins are..paladins. All things to make them last a long time out of town, but also unique. We just need to do something to fighters/mages so they can stay out of town longer and not have to restock as much. I miss having 20 inventories for 5 magic casters instead of 1 inventory for 1, the ratio is way off :\

I'd include zerks, but they are the way they are because of how strong they are.

In short, hypno should stay the way it is.

Edit: Or take away hypno, morph, and dotw, (paladins can survive, but they're still weak, no nerf for them!) and increase inventory space on 1a ;p

Edit2: On the case of gate training not being allowed and doing this, moving 2 squares is even riskier than just one. If you're found your dead. Unless your using a macro program and going to fast to hit, even by held macros. Am I to understand that this is not considered autotraining? Cause any smart autotrainer wouldn't leave his computer for more than a minute anyway, less staff come to an unresponsive crit training. I have had an unused macro program on my desktop for 3 years and if this isn't autotraining I'm ready to take full advantage. Hell, not just auto training, also auto boss soloing, auto logging on and item/boss checking, auto robbing every training area. All while I sit here and do nothing but talk to my friends? Bullcrap I say.

Edited by Cruxis, 26 August 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#16 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

So since nobody is answering and a walt seems to think a macro program is legal, can i use one? Or should all the people that walt knows of that use them(obviously /wink) should be banned?

I never thought gate training was a bad thing, just like clerics +20 healing bonus. Both were changed because in the beginning, all the best people got lvl 30s really quick by taking advantage. But what did they take advantage of..the game mechanics, or the fact they didn't have pkers that were higher lvl?

I say gate ktps should be removed and also reinstate clerics +20 healing bonus for the lawls.

About rangers, I always saw it as thieves have dotw, druids have morph, rangers have hypno, and paladins are..paladins. All things to make them last a long time out of town, but also unique. We just need to do something to fighters/mages so they can stay out of town longer and not have to restock as much. I miss having 20 inventories for 5 magic casters instead of 1 inventory for 1, the ratio is way off :\

I'd include zerks, but they are the way they are because of how strong they are.

In short, hypno should stay the way it is.

Edit: Or take away hypno, morph, and dotw, (paladins can survive, but they're still weak, no nerf for them!) and increase inventory space on 1a ;p

Edit2: On the case of gate training not being allowed and doing this, moving 2 squares is even riskier than just one. If you're found your dead. Unless your using a macro program and going to fast to hit, even by held macros. Am I to understand that this is not considered autotraining? Cause any smart autotrainer wouldn't leave his computer for more than a minute anyway, less staff come to an unresponsive crit training. I have had an unused macro program on my desktop for 3 years and if this isn't autotraining I'm ready to take full advantage. Hell, not just auto training, also auto boss soloing, auto logging on and item/boss checking, auto robbing every training area. All while I sit here and do nothing but talk to my friends? Bullcrap I say.

Alex usually tends to make sense, and i agree with most of his post, but anyways...

/t alex wait.. i know for a 100% that using a macro program isnt bannable!!! a member of pandemonium was reported for using a bot 190542345902345wq34785623490 mooseing times and not only did he not get banned, he didnt even get a single exp point taken away from him(except the 20x i caught him autotraining and pk'd him).....
Apocalypto

#17 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

So since nobody is answering and a walt seems to think a macro program is legal, can i use one? Or should all the people that walt knows of that use them(obviously /wink) should be banned?

I never said an auto macro program was legal, I was speaking of how Cody used to use it while trying to pk at Nm and Arlin Gates. With 3-4 people holding his macro, there was no way he could have avoided not being pked, besides not even being hit, if not using some sort of program.

*CoughTimeKnightCough*

/t alex wait.. i know for a 100% that using a macro program isnt bannable!!! a member of pandemonium was reported for using a bot 190542345902345wq34785623490 mooseing times and not only did he not get banned, he didnt even get a single exp point taken away from him(except the 20x i caught him autotraining and pk'd him).....

You say this in a way that means members of Pande knew about it, and said nothing to staff. I even think it was members of Pande who brought this to staffs attention to begin with. This said person has one of the biggest donations to NM, and we as Pande came to a consensus that certain Admins looked the other way because of this. I won't say what staff(ers) had this opinion, but I bet you can figure it out. So you go MSN JLH and ask him directly. You wouldn't be the first one to ask him this, and I bet you may not be be the first one to not get an answer about this either.

#18 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

i bet i dont want a answer on msn, i would rather an answer here... why does dennis get his character deleted, superbeast get exp docked, this guy gets nothing?... what i would like to vote for is a guidelines for staff to go by in terms of punishment... giving them almighty rights to completely delete someones account and then also the right to look the other way for the same crime is ridiculous no matter how many checks i send your way... if that is the case then all the talk about not wanting to let people buy ingame items with cash due to it being unfair would be quite ridiculous no?

wonder if jordan came back to share with him what would have happened???? /eyes

and ive been setting beside cody during times yall couldnt touch him... why was it that when he was moving this fast our players could hit and your players couldnt?.. wouldnt make sense that the party he is leading has anything different going for them than you....

lastly, i believe everyone came to the consensus that rangers should be able to use this ability, but i dont think it is right that he is going into town(oh well though, technically i dont guess it is doing anything wrong, although it is basically the same thing that was looked down upon not that long ago)

Edited by Apocalypto, 26 August 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Apocalypto

#19 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

You can't compare someone using Hypno to move a ktp to auto-trainers rofl

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#20 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

didnt see anyone do that? if you happen to be refering to my post, i said someone got his nuts deleted, and someone didnt have any repurcussions what so ever for using an auto trainer... and im 99.9% sure he used it more extensively than the guy that got very harsh punishment...

edit: say nin is using an auto trainer... he couldnt be hit due to the speed he was moving, correct?... heh.. just saying.. I KNOW THAT ISNT THE CASE(or atleast assume so lmao)

Edited by Apocalypto, 27 August 2009 - 12:51 AM.

Apocalypto

#21 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

*CoughTimeKnightCough*

The sad part is I actually took the grueling 80ish hours of work to solo tk 19 times. If I was using a program I wouldn't of stopped until I got atleast one drop. No BoT in acct, lvl 31 zerker, using a hally. Epic fail :\

Edited by Cruxis, 27 August 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#22 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:19 AM

didnt see anyone do that? if you happen to be refering to my post, i said someone got his nuts deleted, and someone didnt have any repurcussions what so ever for using an auto trainer... and im 99.9% sure he used it more extensively than the guy that got very harsh punishment...

Deadly(Dennis) was in Pande and was reported by his own clan. Oracle(Wes) is also in Pande, and deleted the entire char when it was found out. So don't go try to say Pande gets away with this and that.

Superbeast was caught auto training on more than one occasion and only got a bit of exp taken away.

You let a perm banned player into your account and hid him. I think you called him Jonordan? W/e.

Anarchy was found autotraining and reported by his own clan.

Jurian was also found and reported by the whole server. Hell, he even told staff he was doing it.

You sit there and preach how unfair the game is to your friends, but your friends are the ones who constatly break thr rules, and hide it as well. At least the people in our clan have the balls to say when unfair is unfair.

So go ahead and try to be a stand up guy now and fight the wrong doings of something that is not at the moment illegal. It is game mechanics. Is it right? No, probably not. Is it against the rules, no it is not.

When you stop cheating, and then crying about other clans getting ahead without cheating, then I will start listening to you and your complaints. Until then, sit at home, beg for a perm banned player to be let back into the game, and suckle on what could have been in your NM playing.

#23 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:28 AM

i never said denis wasnt in pande.. and i also pointed out that superbeast just got exp docked... i also said this isnt that big of a deal, but your a cry baby and getting all defensive of your clan... stop being such a pregnant dog and stop taking everything i say so personal as if i think that pandemonium had anything to do with why he wasnt banned.

edit: guess 'anarchy' was overlooked too?

edit2: Jordan was banned for circumstances that are somewhat questionable, and he stayed banned because (solely in my opinion) certain staff didnt want him playing(and also in my opinion,not because he would be hazardous for the game ofc)... anyways, letting him play might have been against tos, but it damn sure wasnt anti social... :P... and i honestly dont know what you mean by, "what could have been" as if anything other than the fun you get from playing matters... and i will say, playing with cody and jordan was also pretty fun... :)

Edited by Apocalypto, 27 August 2009 - 03:43 AM.

Apocalypto

#24 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

Ya'll have gone completely off the point of the post. Please stop.

I don't believe anything will be done about the effects of Hypno. It is coded into the game, as all abilites are---JLH really doesn't like to alter ability coding.

As for moving or adjusting monsters---that is an option. However, loading up stacks of monsters by cities tends to be a bit unfair to players.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#25 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

Ya'll have gone completely off the point of the post. Please stop.

I don't believe anything will be done about the effects of Hypno. It is coded into the game, as all abilites are---JLH really doesn't like to alter ability coding.

As for moving or adjusting monsters---that is an option. However, loading up stacks of monsters by cities tends to be a bit unfair to players.

you are right, but a day ban everytime someone is found doing it might help lol

#26 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

Ban for using an ability doesn't make any sense...
It's not as if it is a bug; it's how the skill is coded.

#27 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

you are right, but using your macros to hit and run out and in of towns is considered "bad" so there for ktps was put into place, so exploiting a ability to do this would be considered "bad" aswell right?

well i would think so atleast.

i know my comments dont mean much on this game, but this is one of those things where i believe only way to fix it is to either find a way to stop them from doing this or simply remove the ktps at towns, i mean they allready have removed them from sewers because of (im guessing atleast) how easily they are to get threw, not like a brown bear or scorpion is much different.

i mean if i am to go to a ktp drag it and then camo to get into town, im bypassing the ktp, so might aswell just remove it considering it totally sucks for the ones that do not have invis/camo/covert because they have to be out in the open and fight the monsters or move along (assuming they cant just drag it away either because of other monsters or something)
when we druid/mage/thiefs dont have this problem lol

ktps arent really fair, maybe we should just have another topic about the ktps all together?

eh dunno lol

#28 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

First, they don't hit from in to out of town.

[O] [1] [2]

O being town, they drag it from 1 to 2 and then hit and run it from square 1, not from square O. If they would hnr it from square O the ktp would simply respawn, so the ranger has to wait for stamina on the ktp (a pk square) square.

Second, I removed the ktp's from sewers because I don't like how they act as if it was a Druids Vines that were cast. And for starters, it was all I could remove, sort of a test run. Frankly I don't like ktp's at all, but they have been necessary.

And third, 17 posts ago I said I would post a solution that would nullify all of this in a while. Reluctant now tho, seeing as I'm still debating whether or not it's a solution, or just a replacement of the problem. I don't know if I wish to discuss it without fully knowing where I stand myself, knowing what it is most likely to turn into.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#29 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

[O] [1] [2]

O being town, they drag it from 1 to 2 and then hit and run it from square 1, not from square O. If they would hnr it from square O the ktp would simply respawn, so the ranger has to wait for stamina on the ktp (a pk square) square.

They would hnr from square O cause the spawn is about 10 minutes, enough to kill the ktp and 2 more scorps, before the ktp respawns. Even so, the next 10 squares are monsterless, I'm sure for a crit with the ability to make monsters drag endlessly and not attack, or not drag at all, two monsters in 20ish squares of space isn't a problem.

If a solution to stop this is being searched for (not that I think it's needed). Each ktp spawn could be made to 10 second intervals instead of what it is for the monster used.

Just for lawls: The only point I've ever seen of hnring isn't to stop pking (as you can still be pk'd by a held macro), but for safety against the monster. The ranger always has this, so hnring from a town is pointless. Unless your fast enough to not get hit by held macros, and if you are, odds are you're cheating.

Edited by Cruxis, 28 August 2009 - 10:32 PM.

#30 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:46 AM

[O] [1] [2]

Second, I removed the ktp's from sewers because I don't like how they act as if it was a Druids Vines that were cast. And for starters, it was all I could remove, sort of a test run. Frankly I don't like ktp's at all, but they have been necessary.

And third, 17 posts ago I said I would post a solution that would nullify all of this in a while. Reluctant now tho, seeing as I'm still debating whether or not it's a solution, or just a replacement of the problem. I don't know if I wish to discuss it without fully knowing where I stand myself, knowing what it is most likely to turn into.

first off lemme get this straight, your saying they arent hiting from [0]? i've seen nin doing it out myself as i pointed out and ive seen others doing just not enough to care lol. and yea spawn rate lol ftw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users