My Thoughts On 1 A.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

I've just started playing Nightmist again after being inactive for 5 yrs. When I returned I was really looking forward to starting over again. Alot of my old friends welcome me back and helped me out. I rolled a really nice gnome cleric that I decided to make it my main. I was planning to level it and maxing it out with the best armor, weapons and items. I planned to do this by killing bosses, rats, DS, vamps pretty much everything and also by rolled and selling good stated crits. I still plan on doing this, but it's come to my attention that leveling beyond 30 is hard and expensive. You need tokens and to get these tokens you need money and a party. It's cool that you'll need tokens to level and the money isn't that big of a deal, but why a party? You should be able to level a crit on your own solo to get the tokens. Look at it in a new player's point of view. A new guy starts playing, he doesn't now, what crits are best to make money or to pk with or whatever. Lets face it, 1 alt was basically made for us old farts. All we do is hook up with the best people and take out who we don't like and dominate the bosses. Their isn't enough of us old players to have any free anymore. We need fresh meat, to liven the game up again. we need to make it fair so that whether your pally, fighter, cleric, mage ect ect is easier to make money, level up, easy to get around the areas. It's not roll playing to me if you have one crit to pk, one to make money and a main.

My ideas to make it a little better are:
1. (getting around) only allow NPC's attacking you when you attack back, if you attack them make them hit harder then they do now and once you hit them you can't move till after they're died. This will allow anyone to travel without rushing to get to point A to point B.

2. Double the money drop for each monster. Money is hard to come by on nightmist and it should be, but it should be easy either. Allow NPC's to drop double the amount they do now, but make a random, like, the smallest creatures (example: rats) would drop 90 gp atfer every 20th rat killed. Scrabs would drop 1k every 10th scrab killed. The tuffer the NPC the least amount of kills you'll have to kill to get double the money.

3. Leveling beyond 30. double or triple the tokens and money needed, but allow you to solo in any crit to get the token.
Online characters: Wisdom

#2 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Sorry man, this will take the game to a level that people will gain access to the things they need a lot faster. At this current point in time, attempting to balance out the game by giving current monsters a boost of any kind is just out of the question. 1-alt isn't designed for 1-alt play :ph34r: So you just have to grin and bear it my friend.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

I have raised the same issues. They don't want people to be able to play solo. Which is pretty dumb, because everyone does anyway.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

It's hard to carbon copy main and make it a team based game. Takes too much time and effort to get the right people and the time for anything worth while. No matter how much staff pushes the idea of TEAMWORK, it wont happen, its just like every miss america ever pledging to fight for world peace, good luck with that

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#5 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:25 AM

Leave it as it is. As hard as it might be to go beyond level 30 it is worth the effort. Leveling on main was a joke when you could level crits as fast as they were being leveled. There are very few challenges at all to leveling on main.
Embrass the challenge.
The thing that makes 1alt so interesting is now you have to factor in the human aspect. Now you have to devolop relationships. The days of dickheads are over. Those that want to sit at the gatehouses and run thier mouth will find very little help when it comes time to leave. Like in any society the outcasts are shunned.
Wolfie stick to your plan. I started for those very same reasons. Those reasons and a network of awesome friends have made Nightmist what it once was when I first got hooked on this game. Challenging and fun.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

Umm...people say that the game is screwy like it's the sysops team's fault.
We didn't determine how the game started or get any chance to work on making it 1-alt friendly, and we didn't get a reset to re-work some of the major initial problems.

1-alt is not designed with 1-alt in mind. That is areas, monsters, ALL equipment types, AND classes.
You have to use teamwork because that is how the game was designed, and we really do not have a way to adjust that for most of the game.

Making a big list of general points and wants does not help because it cannot be worked in a massive overhaul by active sysops. It is too big of a job for JLH to re-code as well.
The entire game is actually a TON of information, balancing, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Currently, the game actually runs better than I'd have expected.
It's not perfect, but it runs pretty well and people can do most everything in-game when they team up and hack at it. So I don't really see making a massive overhaul as needed.
Just understand, the general system isn't easy to change---it really isn't possible currently.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

I like it.. It reminds me of the old nm when multi wasn't nopk and people had to be a little more stealthy when they train.. a little more crap talking/drama on 1a but meh thats gonna happen when people are competitive and you get newer players that aren't used to the pking and such. :ph34r:

Granted it is impossible to do by yourself but yeah.. thats the point, noone was working together on multi so look at all the crap from multi alot of the older players have pushed aside to work together on things.. Kinda refreshing in all reality.. its come a long way from when even I first started on 1a.

Overall if you got a few homeys or know a few so you can help each other out you don't have to be in a big clan.. if you don't then make some friends 1a can be great fun at times and people can be highly annoying at other times but that is and always will be part of NM.. get over it.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users