Modern Art Sculptures

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

Can the attack rate be backed off then as well? . . . If I remember right, the attack rate was upped because of their high amount of gold wasn't it?

P.S. Glad I got to take advantage for so long, too bad for all the new players who missed out. :ph34r:
Autek in game.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

If my estimates are correct, they attack about every 2 seconds, but they only do about 25 damage, and more often than not the attack is shielded or evaded. While I am concerned that the change will hit Pacifists hard, the gold and XP was rather high for the monster it was.

The change came as a bit of a surprise, I'll admit, but I'm keeping an open mind about it for now.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:53 AM

:ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:17 AM

You got 255 gold pieces.

wtf. might as well stay in barracks for that gold.

wow. this was not a minor adjustment. damn near slicing the gp in half? come on now. such drastic action was uncalled for.

remind yourselves that you cannot just walk into museum to get that gold, unlike desert. you have to kill 2 substantial bosses to get to 2nd floor. hopefully this trend doesn't continue; when a location gets too old, change it so noone goes there forcing them to explore.

/clap

p.s. If the gold will not be increased to previous or formidable amount, i agree that attack rate should be slowed slightly.

Edited by Sausage, 08 December 2007 - 02:32 AM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:33 AM

There was a reason that everyone trained there.

MAS had much higher gold than any other similar creature, had very low damage, missed often (or were blocked by armor), were worth good experience, respawned almost instantly, could be trained on continuously even with multiple parties in the area, and they were still relatively easy to get to.

The area was particularly unbalancing because large parties could now train there without threat of loss from creature or player and make enormous amounts of gold, killing multiple MAS per round.

I like when players make gold. I don't like it when one area of the game becomes so much better than any other area in game in all dimensions.

I'll look into the attack rate on them... that may still need adjustment.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#6 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Make zeum the only pkable area. That will stop it fast.
Freek ingame.

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

I still prefer the museum to other places I could train my rangers. It's still average training experience, and I can train Autek there at the same time.

The desert is better experience, and about the same gold now, but I heal using macros and hate to burn up mana healing for 1 because of the poison lol.
Autek in game.

#8 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

<3 drow priestesses/templars and kraken :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#9 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:09 AM

Theres no point in discussing the change that was made any further. They never change things back because people are unhappy with the change.
What we really need now is something better than a lodestone. With the lvls up to 40 now we need a new Super Mega Mana. We need a shop that sells them or a way to craft them. :ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:57 AM

Well, I did suggest Superior Mana Crystals and Healing Potions a while back, but the suggested prices and values I gave them would mean you won't make a better profit, most likely. Word on the items hasn't gotten anywhere - as the suggestion was originally for the 1-alt server, the staff opted to change the mana costs on certain spells instead.

Edited by Crane, 09 December 2007 - 03:00 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#11 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

lodes, 250 gp = 135mp

Why not make 500 gp = 200mp?

Why not make them only available in tirentek?

But then again there isn't a super 200hp potion...

o.o

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

Theres no point in discussing the change that was made any further. They never change things back because people are unhappy with the change.
What we really need now is something better than a lodestone. With the lvls up to 40 now we need a new Super Mega Mana. We need a shop that sells them or a way to craft them. :ph34r:

Nightshade Elixir?
Glowing Mushroom?

The spawn rate/cost limits how many of these are open to use, but the Nightshades are easily the best thing to carry around on most characters, unless you wanna Vampire Potion out.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:34 AM

lodes, 250 gp = 135mp

Why not make 500 gp = 200mp?

Why not make them only available in tirentek?

But then again there isn't a super 200hp potion...

o.o

Here's the topic in question if you're curious - I did suggest 500 gold for 200 mana actually, although later wondered about upping it to 225 mana.

I doubt that people would carry full inventories of Nightshade Elixirs to go training with though, and Glowing Mushrooms are fewer in number these days, but it does limit their use in another way to just being expensive.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:54 AM

Ya, you put quite a bit more thought into that than i did. /clap. good idea.

p.s. zeum gold isn't really that bad... just takes a bit of getting used to (money not coming in quite as fast >.<) i suppose my initial reaction could have been somewhat selfish.

p.s.s. if i look away from the screen for more than 2 seconds i'm 'bout dead. i still think their attack should be slowed.

#15 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

I doubt that people would carry full inventories of Nightshade Elixirs to go training with though, and Glowing Mushrooms are fewer in number these days, but it does limit their use in another way to just being expensive.

That was kind of my point.
It could cause major, unforseen problems to allow constant use of 'extra huge' mana crystals. I don't think anyone has really had a lot of trouble with the things already available.

When you do need that extra boost for a special boss or something of the sort----there is always an option to grab Nightshades or Glowing Mushrooms.

There is no reason for such items to be available for constant use---not without HUGE HUGE price.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Drow Templar/Priestess should be changed then aswell as I can make more gold there than I could in zeum(and I could make 250k an hour in the zeum)
Si Senior!

#17 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:42 PM

Drow Templar/Priestess should be changed then aswell as I can make more gold there than I could in zeum(and I could make 250k an hour in the zeum)

Yeah but 1 person go's there. 389839938 people go to second floor zeum. They are trying to make people explore for gold and not 38938939389 ppl sit on the same area all day. Wont matter what you do the economy is going to be worse because of nopk.
Freek ingame.

#18 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:42 AM

Yeah but 1 person go's there. 389839938 people go to second floor zeum. They are trying to make people explore for gold and not 38938939389 ppl sit on the same area all day. Wont matter what you do the economy is going to be worse because of nopk.

like when we went and made gold there :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#19 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

Depurate Undead 106-110dmg = 5 mp

After doing a little note taking, it takes between 10/14 casts to kill a MAS. Through out killing it, I normally heal myself 1 or 2 times. For a grand total of 60/80 mp per MAS kill.

Now seeing as though for 100 mp you tribute 500 gp. And you have to kill 2 MAS to acquire 500 gp. If you don't have any mana inv., you're losing money.

Like I said, just takin notes.

#20 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

I can't believe you've gone and done this. You actually can't properly train with more than 1 (good) person up there.

Damn I'm annoyed now.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#21 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

Depurate Undead 106-110dmg = 5 mp

After doing a little note taking, it takes between 10/14 casts to kill a MAS. Through out killing it, I normally heal myself 1 or 2 times. For a grand total of 60/80 mp per MAS kill.

Now seeing as though for 100 mp you tribute 500 gp. And you have to kill 2 MAS to acquire 500 gp. If you don't have any mana inv., you're losing money.

Like I said, just takin notes.

since it's a paci, you can hit and run it and the MAS won't drag
Page me on Heritage

#22 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

When there were lots of people up there, there'd be at least 2-3 people on there with full blown parties and not once did I ever have to wait for them to spawn.
Autek in game.

#23 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

Was MAS HP increased as well?

I don't remember ever using so much mana...

o.0

Edited by Sausage, 10 December 2007 - 10:22 PM.

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

That is a blatent lie about 2-3 full blown parties because when I used to hardcore train up there once you get fully going I had to wait for them to respawn...
Si Senior!

#25 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

It worked just fine for us. /shrug
Autek in game.

#26 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

That is a blatent lie about 2-3 full blown parties because when I used to hardcore train up there once you get fully going I had to wait for them to respawn...

I bet you just used to run round the edge though. Starting from bottom right corner I would go:

nnwwwnneeennwwwwwwwwwwsseeesswwwsseeeeeeeeee

Which means there's only 4 MAS I didn't kill. A shorter route left me waiting for respawns. Having 2 full parties up there kist doesn't work. I also defy anyone to kill the things faster than me/rai. I used to average 13 a minute, before I started using macros to move...

hah

#27 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

Herm, not one to say I can actually do it faster than you on average, but with my clerics and a few hitters training I could kill 15 a min.
That's all of them around the outer square.

They spawned once a min, which actually worked almost perfectly for the clerics training.

Realize that I did this for 10 mins tops---takes too much effort to actually continually kill all of them....I'm WAY too ADD for that.

#28 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

I killed outer edge and the 2 lines going down so I guess not all of them but with that route I had to wait for them to spawn again so if anyone else was up there then there would be a lot of waiting...
Si Senior!

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

Herm, not one to say I can actually do it faster than you on average, but with my clerics and a few hitters training I could kill 15 a min.
That's all of them around the outer square.

They spawned once a min, which actually worked almost perfectly for the clerics training.

Realize that I did this for 10 mins tops---takes too much effort to actually continually kill all of them....I'm WAY too ADD for that.

I'd race you but someone sold all my stuff and yeah. I never timed when using macros since that was after I lost the will to play. AND I didn't use clerics :ph34r:

Anyway just change it back for the sake of all of us who would like to remember the place the way it was in the good old days.

*A tear rolls down Raylen's cheek as he recalls the past; the fervour of his youth and of battles won and lost.*

#30 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

if MAS's were over-rewarding then a certain monster REALLY needs looking into

A monster than lets players gain more exp on with 1 alt than most players have got in several years playing multi alt.

coughhedgeminioncough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users