Whats Going On?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Just want to better understand what is going on. And to display my own view on what i "Think" is going on.

A new server? 1a2. Brand spanking new, new area's, new items, and totally rebuilt classes?

A completely new server, operating totally independantly from multi and 1alt, eventually replacing 1alt?

I think, opening a new server and replacing 1alt, would put alot more players in my position, and basically idle. We shouldnt build from scratch, but concentrate on fixing what we have. Dont tell me 1alt has gone too far now to be fixed, because it hasnt. I realise my own, humble views on how to fix it wont be taken into consideration. But it can be fixed.

3alt limit. - part of my suggestions, from awhile back. If anyone cares to dig them up, be my guest.

Basically we need to merge the servers, not reset and start from scratch.

Copy the character files from 1alt to multi, set a 3 or 5 player limit. Dont restrict players to 1 of each class. Thats just silly. Skills and armor need to be looked at, with the possibility of an open test server, that jlh turns on and off, that allows players to create characters of a set level, and allows them to equip w/e they want.

If you have a point on these suggestions, highlight that point and explain why you think me to be wrong or right. I will answer in time, but have military issues that as always, take priority. If you want me to go more in depth on how id fix a certain problem with the game, highlight it here, and ill address it too. Or PM me.

<3 Jase

ps. If im totally wrong about whats going on let me know too ;P
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#2 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

Just want to better understand what is going on. And to display my own view on what i "Think" is going on.

A new server? 1a2. Brand spanking new, new area's, new items, and totally rebuilt classes?

A new 1alt server is being talked about and planned out. Yes it could be completely different then nightmist has ever been. Including game mechanics.

A completely new server, operating totally independantly from multi and 1alt, eventually replacing 1alt?

Yes, it will be just like 1a was when it opend up. A complete different server that will eventually if it works, replace the current 1a server.

I think, opening a new server and replacing 1alt, would put alot more players in my position, and basically idle. We shouldnt build from scratch, but concentrate on fixing what we have. Dont tell me 1alt has gone too far now to be fixed, because it hasnt. I realise my own, humble views on how to fix it wont be taken into consideration. But it can be fixed.

I think you underestimate starting from scratch. If you are already idle then having a reset wouldn't change a thing for you. Starting from scratch doesn't hurt anyone when it starts. Everyone is number 1 and if you wish to keep it then you work just as hard as you were working when you were #1.

3alt limit. - part of my suggestions, from awhile back. If anyone cares to dig them up, be my guest.

People are suggesting 2 things when it comes to 3alt. Some people want to see the current 1a server raised up to 3alt. If the 1a server is, in the end going to get reset, some see no harm in testing how a 3alt server would feel on the current 1a server. The other suggestion is to make the redid server a 3alt server.

Basically we need to merge the servers, not reset and start from scratch.

Copy the character files from 1alt to multi, set a 3 or 5 player limit. Dont restrict players to 1 of each class. Thats just silly. Skills and armor need to be looked at, with the possibility of an open test server, that jlh turns on and off, that allows players to create characters of a set level, and allows them to equip w/e they want.

This would be the worst idea. Stamina, Hp gains and such vary between the servers. This would lead to hp alterations on zerks, stamina taken or given out to many characters and way to much work.

If you have a point on these suggestions, highlight that point and explain why you think me to be wrong or right. I will answer in time, but have military issues that as always, take priority. If you want me to go more in depth on how id fix a certain problem with the game, highlight it here, and ill address it too. Or PM me.

<3 Jase

#3 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

I think you underestimate starting from scratch. If you are already idle then having a reset wouldn't change a thing for you. Starting from scratch doesn't hurt anyone when it starts. Everyone is number 1 and if you wish to keep it then you work just as hard as you were working when you were #1.

Starting 1alt from scratch would put everyone on a level playing field. But certain people put alot of time into being better than everyone else. Alot of these players would simply not bother again, and move into idling. I havnt played 1alt in a long time, so pretty much dont care if it gets reset for myself. Im just worried that the good playerbase they have overthere will be affected by a complete reset. They will just all be like me, and idle on the forum. And i wouldnt blame them at all.

This would be the worst idea. Stamina, Hp gains and such vary between the servers. This would lead to hp alterations on zerks, stamina taken or given out to many characters and way to much work.

Why? People that have trained a crit on the 1alt server, if they became merged and the alt cap raised, should have there crits more valued than people that trained them on the multi server. They should be better. They were harder to train. Yes it would lead to 1alt zerks having more hp, and 1alt crits having more stamina. But they deserve to be better because of the extra effort they put into it. (Not being bias as all i own on 1alt now is a lvl 22 druid, and have a pretty good main account.)

This is the best idea, btw.
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix

#4 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

You sir,, are wrong. :P
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#5 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

Starting 1alt from scratch would put everyone on a level playing field. But certain people put alot of time into being better than everyone else. Alot of these players would simply not bother again, and move into idling. I havnt played 1alt in a long time, so pretty much dont care if it gets reset for myself. Im just worried that the good playerbase they have overthere will be affected by a complete reset. They will just all be like me, and idle on the forum. And i wouldnt blame them at all.

Why? People that have trained a crit on the 1alt server, if they became merged and the alt cap raised, should have there crits more valued than people that trained them on the multi server. They should be better. They were harder to train. Yes it would lead to 1alt zerks having more hp, and 1alt crits having more stamina. But they deserve to be better because of the extra effort they put into it. (Not being bias as all i own on 1alt now is a lvl 22 druid, and have a pretty good main account.)

This is the best idea, btw.

Starting players from scratched who worked for what they have and are the best on the 1a server, shouldn't really set a "good" player back. If they are truly that great then a simple reset wouldn't stop them from achieving greatness again. Apparently you've been gone from the 1a server for a while. Right now its almost at a stand still. The players with lvl 35 crits dont see the point in spending so much gold to level when it is "not needed", because how unbalanced the server is.

You say that people who have trained crits on the 1a server should be more powerful. This would just unbalance main, especially if the alt limit was lowered. Those players who have 3 or 4 lvl 33+ crits on 1a's 3-5alt party would be unstopable when compared to someones 3-5 lvl 33 crit on main. Some people chose to stay loyal and play main like it is and you propose bringing in unbalanced things from 1a and throwing them into the main server. Horrid idea. If anything like this was to be done. It would just be your 1a crits would be remade on the main server with the same hp/stats (unless zerk, which would make the double gains into regular gains), and you would have the stamina for your level based off main crits stamina. Also all your gold would be converted 10:1 and you would keep your equips. But it won't because that idea is INSANE.

Edited by Dublin, 25 May 2009 - 01:39 PM.

#6 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

It would just be your 1a crits would be remade on the main server with the same hp/stats (unless zerk, which would make the double gains into regular gains), and you would have the stamina for your level based off main crits stamina. Also all your gold would be converted 10:1 and you would keep your equips. But it won't because that idea is INSANE.

This idea would give me a fairly decent main account with more than 110+ mil gold......I am liking this idea......

Edited by Walt, 25 May 2009 - 01:47 PM.

#7 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

It would just be your 1a crits would be remade on the main server with the same hp/stats (unless zerk, which would make the double gains into regular gains), and you would have the stamina for your level based off main crits stamina. Also all your gold would be converted 10:1 and you would keep your equips. But it won't because that idea is INSANE.

This idea would give me a fairly decent main account with more than 110+ mil gold......I am liking this idea......

Which is why it is insane walter :P

#8 Shera

Shera
  • Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Starting players from scratched who worked for what they have and are the best on the 1a server, shouldn't really set a "good" player back. If they are truly that great then a simple reset wouldn't stop them from achieving greatness again. Apparently you've been gone from the 1a server for a while. Right now its almost at a stand still. The players with lvl 35 crits dont see the point in spending so much gold to level when it is "not needed", because how unbalanced the server is.

But is every single one of them willing to put in the years of work again, to get back to where they were? No im willing to bet they wont. So yeh, lets just drive away more of the player base.

You say that people who have trained crits on the 1a server should be more powerful. This would just unbalance main, especially if the alt limit was lowered. Those players who have 3 or 4 lvl 33+ crits on 1a's 3-5alt party would be unstopable when compared to someones 3-5 lvl 33 crit on main. Some people chose to stay loyal and play main like it is and you propose bringing in unbalanced things from 1a and throwing them into the main server. Horrid idea. If anything like this was to be done. It would just be your 1a crits would be remade on the main server with the same hp/stats (unless zerk, which would make the double gains into regular gains), and you would have the stamina for your level based off main crits stamina. Also all your gold would be converted 10:1 and you would keep your equips. But it won't because that idea is INSANE.

No it wouldnt unbalance main in the slightest. Only the events would need to be rethought. But even then, I dont see a problem in it. Being a good player isnt about having the most hp lol. 5 lvl 35 crits on main vs a party of 5 from 1alt, id be pretty sure main would win every time. And it would solve the balancing issue in itself. Stamina would have to be brought into line with main, though. Maybe just maximum stamina of classes brought together.

Either way, merging the two servers is a good idea. Or just delete one and keep the other. We dont need multiple servers for Nightmist.

#9 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

But is every single one of them willing to put in the years of work again, to get back to where they were? No im willing to bet they wont. So yeh, lets just drive away more of the player base.

No it wouldnt unbalance main in the slightest. Only the events would need to be rethought. But even then, I dont see a problem in it. Being a good player isnt about having the most hp lol. 5 lvl 35 crits on main vs a party of 5 from 1alt, id be pretty sure main would win every time. And it would solve the balancing issue in itself. Stamina would have to be brought into line with main, though. Maybe just maximum stamina of classes brought together.

Either way, merging the two servers is a good idea. Or just delete one and keep the other. We dont need multiple servers for Nightmist.

To get back to where they were? :P . If 1a is reset it changed it won't be the same. Which means you can't get back to where you were as it is a different game. I'm not going to turn this topic into a reset will drive massive amounts of players away vs a no it wont. Especially when the person saying it will is only lvl 22. Just go talk to some of the other big account owners. Or go read some of the topics, alot of them said they wouldn't mind. ----- Done.

Jase just log into both servers and type "help stamina" look at the difference between them and tell me how 5 lvl 35's on main stand a chance on 5 lvl 35's on 1a.. And as walt posted if things were merged and changed to balance the switch some players would come to main with 60+ mill and a rape 5 alt party already geard. To say that taking everything from one game and throwing it into another game wouldn't unbalance it is foolish.

#10 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Eveyone should just take a deep breath and wait to see if Pandilex has the wherewithal to complete a project first before going all ape-nuts.

#11 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Eveyone should just take a deep breath and wait to see if Pandilex has the wherewithal to complete a project first before going all ape-nuts.

Some people just seem to be more optimistic then you Walt. :P

#12 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

I am not saying I do not have confidence in this being implemented. I am just going on past track records is all. I would love to be proven wrong just one time. :P

#13 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Yeah yeah, and everyone would love to see you be proven wrong.... For the first time.... :P :) :wub:

#14 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Some people just seem to be more optimistic then you Walt. :P

How is Opal Spheres and Dark Strata working out for you?

On a serious note though, merging the servers can't really work, I'm not sure exactly how different the gains are on the 2 servers but if they are vastly different and not changed when merged then I will be left with characters of the same level/higher that can't compete even though they have better equipments and would never be able to compete with them simply because I didn't play 1a or alternatively if they were changed upon merge then this is vastly unfair for those on 1a as they worked so hard for there 1 cobalt and level 35 crit and I'm sat here with 16 characters of a higher level/better hp(as with Main I guess you can be more selective of which characters to level) all decked out with better equips and cobalts staffs/bows, hardly fair.
Si Senior!

#15 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

and I'm sat here with 16 characters of a higher level/better hp(as with Main I guess you can be more selective of which characters to level) all decked out with better equips and cobalts staffs/bows, hardly fair.

My E-peen and E-ego will more than help compensate for your much better account. I am good on that issue.

NEXT TOPIC!

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Lol I had to add the e-Pride for Rappys benefit, on a side note as a player I am very much for the merge of the servers as I think it would be hilarious for all you 1a kids to realise that Main is 'the Daddy', just from a neutral perspective there would be alot of crying when people realised that most main people have well over 20 times what the 1a people have(naturally as there was 19 more alts)
Si Senior!

#17 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I once suggested to Scripto that he should see if just one day our clan Pandemonium could invade the main server and just show you main kids how bad ass we are. Can you imagine a group of 5 or so of us sneaking up on you guys, popping 3-4 of your zerks/rangers/clerics, then taking out the rest of your party systematicaly one by one?

#18 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

I would just love to see 3 crits wipe a 20 party with shades before they knew what happend :P.

#19 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

Wouldn't happen though lol
Si Senior!

#20 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

I would just love to see 3 crits wipe a 20 party with shades before they knew what happend :P.

Ask Da about one char destroying a party of 12 the two times I did it.,

And mr dublin, I know it wouldn't happen, because Scripto felt the fear of meeting Hitokiri and friends in his mind, and did not want that to become reality.

#21 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

What we mean is that your DotW are no match for what was a team of about 300 users efforts 4/5 years ago condensed now down into 5/6 accounts :P
Si Senior!

#22 Dublin

Dublin
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

I would just love to see 3 crits wipe a 20 party with shades before they knew what happend :wub: .

Ask Da about one char destroying a party of 12 the two times I did it.,

And mr dublin, I know it wouldn't happen, because Scripto felt the fear of meeting Hitokiri and friends in his mind, and did not want that to become reality.

Talk about cocky :P :)

#23 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

oh and dont forget if your little thieves were on main they'd have less stam b/c the stam gains on there arent as early as on 1a. gl clicking any of those players without your 7 stam.
Neo Ingame

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

Yea then theres also what happens when the Zerks that you failed to take out have a clicking frenzy with just enhance on, 7 Stam all around :P
Si Senior!

#25 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

oh and dont forget if your little thieves were on main they'd have less stam b/c the stam gains on there arent as early as on 1a. gl clicking any of those players without your 7 stam.

you just stick to training over by the dpa spawn and keep your nose out of this one sir. :P

#26 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

nah id rather help rai tell you how much he'd own you with his stuff on main. Since you obviously think you can take your 1a crit there and stand a chance.
Neo Ingame

#27 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

You always get the whippersnappers talking the talk, but they'd be bringing a knife to the gun fight.
Si Senior!

#28 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

nah id rather help rai tell you how much he'd own you with his stuff on main. Since you obviously think you can take your 1a crit there and stand a chance.

You really showed me then. :P What a way to bring my fun to an end., Now I am just going to log off of the forums and go eat bbq, swim, and nap in my uncles hammock under his weeping willow tree. See what you made me do?

You always get the whippersnappers talking the talk, but they'd be bringing a knife to the gun fight.

Talking the talk is sometimes so much better than the fight.
me:noob
you go n
me went n
you went n
me assassinated you.
fight was over before it started. the trash talking was more epic.

I am pretty handy with a knife if you ask me.

#29 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Don't trust that log he doctored it, look no colours. Besides nobody can assassinate Support or Beatrix, sorry did I name drop my bad :\
Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users