• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

An ability given to all fighters of the realm, an apprentice, novice, or even greatly adept warrior can cause great damage to their foes knowing all about melee combat and style.

Well, depending on your weapon, you'll be able to deal a critical hit, which does twice as much damage as a normal hit (duh?). Basically...

You attacked a Bunny with a Halberd for 60 points of damage.
to
You attacked a Bunny with a Halberd for 120 points of damage.

This may be hard to program since all weapons a fighter can use would need to be re-coded in order to do this, since in my original idea is to make it different weapons have different %s.

For example...

Library info for Oak Staff:
Base damage: 4, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: A plain oak staff, it is about 5 feet long with a grainy surface covered with small knots and abrasions down the entire length of the staff. It is light weight and durable., Level needed to equip it: 1, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: skeleton:1.25|skeletal:1.25, Mana leech: . Crtl: .05 <--- which would give a 5% chance to deal a critical hit (although all classes can use the weapon, crtl hit can only be done by a fighter)

The weapons would have different values, which also makes it unlikely to be put in since JLH would have to change all the weapons. So maybe just re-code fighters and make a certain %. I do not beleive the % should go up at all nor be above 5%, considering in 2 rounds a fighter delivers 10 hits, and spelled hitting for 200+? No, shouldn't happen alot.

Imput welcome, little or no flamage please.

#2 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:20 PM

if your asking ppl not to flame then you dont actually want input you want everyone to agree... not gona happen ppl geta say what they think its how it works newho i like the iidea prefer the double wepaon idea of mine but woteva as long as fighters are made cool again ^_^

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:30 PM

I dont care what they add at this point just as long as it makes fighters good ^_^
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:50 AM

so basically, a figher could hit for 200, BS, nothx, goodnight, 2 overpowered, maybe just PvM?

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#5 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:49 AM

Nice idea.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

Maybe not double damage, because Fighters can hit for quite a bit of damage already when they reach level 30... *1.5 possibly.

To be honest, I have seen other suggestions that might suit the Fighter class a bit better than this, but all in all it is a sound idea.

Rather than chance of critical hit being totally weapon-specific (although I admit that certain swords would probably have a higher chance than a staff), should it not be dependent on level and/or a stat as well?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

Critical Hit? Multiplying damage by 2?

Somebody has been a good little Pokemon Trainer, haven't they!?
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#8 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:00 PM

^

ALL

RPG games have critical hits
Page/Memo Beatrix

#9 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:20 AM

Don't blame him Rappy, Pokemon is all he plays ^_^

#10 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

good idea
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#11 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

Sam, your precious zerkers hit for way more than a fighter does on a regular basis.

I like it ^_^.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#12 Dr. Sunglasses

Dr. Sunglasses
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:21 PM

Supported.

#13 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Supported

#14 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:53 AM

not x2.

spell an arch halfling fighter with bot/sov whatever you want, will hit for over 100. just imagine dexing to the ying-yang, 23 dex, now RF/Enhance, you have a good shot hitting 6/6 specially on zerk. Now hit 6/6 600 damage, that rounds anything normaly, but chance of getting that is slim, so, lets say you hit 4/6 but snap, you crit on 2, 200 200 98 97. 595 damage, can you seen anything being difficult?
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#15 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

hmm i took suggestion as it would not happen often deffinatly not twice in one round, more like maybe once in 10 - 15 round if ur lucky *shrugs* still is good idea for a fighter to have a 'critical' hit, sure if i was to happen often(if at all) have it x1.3 instead of double damage.

Edited by Perfection, 07 September 2005 - 09:36 AM.

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#16 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:57 PM

Maybe not double damage, because Fighters can hit for quite a bit of damage already when they reach level 30...

With all due respect, I think I can rightfully say having had my main of 3 years as a fighter, fighters hit like mincing fairies.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#17 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

Make them not be able to do while spelled then?...
Stadic Ingame...

#18 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:04 PM

Make them not be able to do while spelled then?...

makes no sense to do it that way, "we are giving fighters an ability, but guess what, you cant use it when you are gonna pvp since you want to spell up, but you can give your zerk 35 strength and +10% to hit"

see what I'm, saying?

critical hit % would have to be level based:

1-10 1%
11-15 2%
16-20 3%
21-25 4%
26-29 5%
30 6%

x1.3 damage would make a reasonable(i believe) increase while not overpowering.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#19 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

or.... maybe leave it as x2 but just put the chance % on the last stam of 6 and that it could only be done with a full stam or something /shrug....but I agree fighters need a little something to make them competitive agian!!!! :(
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#20 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

Sound idea. I agree with julius though... and also... The idea of having swords hit more than staffs... That would need taking into consideration... % would have to be put on every weapon aswell as the chance to hit from your level... That way.. it may even give some people a chance against other people with cobalts... maybe.. I dno.. Just a thought tbh... but then again.. A fighter with a cobalt with this critical hit could be seen very un fair. If he were to hit for 200 + he'd be regaining health quite easily.

Maybe the idea is to complicated?

#21 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

Fighters are profficient with any item that can cause pain. Limiting abilities by weapons is not needed. Fighter FTW
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#22 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:59 AM

Maybe in nightmist 2 all items could be coded to have a rate for critical hit and then all classes could use this including spells but maybe fighters would be givin a class ability +5% todo so or something like that

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#23 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:15 AM

Well, thanks for bumping an old topic.

I think if this was implemented, it should always be 5%, getting more stam, you'll hit it more likely, so at lvl 30, with 6stam, it's basically like the % increased, if you get what I'm saying.

Basically.
1stam 5% a round
2stam 10% a round
3stam 15% a round (then you only regain 2, making it 10% a round again)
4stam 20% a round, going to 15% on regain
5stam 25% a round, going to 15%
6stam 30% a round, going to 20%

Obviously for arch, this would only happen once every 4 rounds about, and if you're attacking something with armor and you're unlucky enough to hit a critical while their armor blocks most of the block, 25 goes to 50.

Armor blocks partially, half, most, about 50% of the time, that's why I think this would balance fighters, because rangers/zerk can hit a full round, armor coming into play, but 0% of partially, half, or most armor blocking the blow.

Edited by Ryuku, 22 February 2006 - 07:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users