New Ability

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:25 AM

Paladins are charismatic soldiers of faith ... so they should have the ability to gather ppl to fight for the name of "whateva".

new ability: Divine unity

heres how it works:
it takes one stamina and it depends on charisma wheter it works or not...

if u are in a squere u could cast it to any monser ( if its a humanoid ie. thief or rugged rogue, troll ...

when you succesfully cast it the monster will follow u and doesnt attack u only others that u come across ...

post what you think and what you think is wrong with this and how it could be fixed ... so dont just say "i dont like it, why? i dunno i just dont."

#2 World

World
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

you need to make so it weakends the monsters or non boss beacuse someone running around with a time knight or crystal giant aint just right nor is bringing lots of vines to south of nightmist to capture everyone

#3 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 01:03 AM

I can see people just dragging monsters everything in some "abusive way"
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#4 iggy

iggy
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 01:59 AM

/me start walking around with his 'Crazy Pete army'

#5 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:54 AM

*sigh*

there should be OFCOURSE a limited monsters that u can cast this ...

#6 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:22 PM

It sounds ok, but I think it should take more than 1 stamina to use. More like all 5, and have a level 30 limit.

#7 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:36 PM

i dont know about that 5 stam thing ... its not likely to overpower pallys in anyway if it only takes one stamina cuz the only monsters u can cast this would be the monsters that really could be affected by this kind of religion spell ... bears for example wouldnt be affected buy it cuz .. well they are animals,and needless to say they dont have the urge to join the charismatic paladin that tries to convince the bear to join and fight for a higher cause.

Edited by Cule, 27 February 2004 - 12:37 PM.

#8 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:59 PM

It could lose HP over a minute and you could only have 2 on at a time. And you can't get the spell till lvl 20?
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
Support Eskimos. Down with the Penguins.
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#9 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:06 PM

If any idea of this sort is to be put in, surely it'd belong to Druids or Mages?
Druids as they're at one with nature.
Mages cus they're all powerful, and so would have some sort of knowledge on mind control..?
I do like the idea however.

Come my bunny army! To the Forest where we can cause havok!!!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#10 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:36 PM

this is pretty pointless : /
Page/Memo Beatrix

#11 Isengard

Isengard
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:11 PM

maybe if it's limited to only undead unit
not undead bosses tho
and the spell is limited to an arch palladin
the only monsters that can follow the pally inside towns are those that do not have shapes (like ghosts, excluding shadows) because the city guards cannot see 'em + cannot be attacked or attack in towns
*Click* *Click*:
*I'LL* *SEE* *YOU* *ON* *THE* *DARK* *SIDE* OF* *THE* *MOON*

#12 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:34 AM

this is a good idea whether some people believe it or not. paladins are charismatic leaders and should be able to affect other humanoids with some piety. it should be limited by a paladins charisma and level but should also be able to be used to bolster the members in a paladin's party, but only if he is the leader.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#13 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:36 AM

as another note: the mages and druid ideas are good too though they should be something like charm animal for a druid, and dominate for a mage
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#14 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

*drags pierre the waiter into the spider cave*

#15 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:56 AM

*drags pierre the waiter into the spider cave*

this wouldnt happen as the waiter is a noncombatant

#16 Zapatak

Zapatak
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:25 AM

I've seen this discussed before, in the druids post, it makes way more sense to me for it to be used for druids---or maybe druids could bring around only animal-types with them since they morph into an animal, and pallys can bring around only the humanoids- Just A Thought :)
Zapatak ingame -zAcH-
(v)îNN€§ØT@ TïM߀®WØ£V€§

#17 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:44 AM

yes druids could cast it to animals and pallys to humanoids ( and stop those "ill drag grazy pete to large forest" crap )

but mages im not so sure ... :)

#18 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:06 PM

Even though I dislike the idea, I'll still try to help you.

If you want to stand any chance of any idea ever being put into the game. You have to lay it out in a well planned sense, I'll refer you to a post of Stotic's. Use that as a basis for any idea you may have.

And you can use the edit function if you need to update the post/change anything, there's no need to psot twice in a row.

NOTE:
The link.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#19 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:40 PM

maybe if it's limited to only undead unit
not undead bosses tho
and the spell is limited to an arch palladin
the only monsters that can follow the pally inside towns are those that do not have shapes (like ghosts, excluding shadows) because the city guards cannot see 'em + cannot be attacked or attack in towns

Clerics would actually be the ones that would have power over undead.

Mages could possibly mind control most monsters

Druids would be limited to no-magical creatures

Pallys would be limited to humanoids (but no orcs)

just my two cents worth :)

#20 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:41 PM

(Is there any way to delete if you accidently send twice?)

Edited by Primal_Whisperer, 01 March 2004 - 03:44 PM.

#21 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:34 AM

Even though I dislike the idea, I'll still try to help you.

If you want to stand any chance of any idea ever being put into the game. You have to lay it out in a well planned sense, I'll refer you to a post of Stotic's. Use that as a basis for any idea you may have.

And you can use the edit function if you need to update the post/change anything, there's no need to psot twice in a row.

NOTE:
The link.

hmm.. yeh sorry about that. I get too carried away sometimes when i have some awesome idea ( at least when i think its awesome :) ) ... ima try to stop that.
and plan my suggestions more properly...
about that link: i didnt notice that topic :blink:

back to the topic.

what makes you think clerics should have power over undead? ... they are not necromancers ... they are clerics, they kill undead, they are the enemys of undead.

Edited by Cule, 03 March 2004 - 07:38 AM.

#22 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:16 PM

As clerics in Nightmist are basivly assumed to be of good alinment, the would only have the power to repel or destroy undead. An Evil cleric, or Necromancer, would have the ability to create and control Undead. No other class in Nightmist comes as close to having special power over undead, Pally's least of all.

#23 Monte

Monte
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:22 AM

Evil Cleric???! Thats about the dumbest thing ive heard...EVER. How can you be an evil servant of god? And dont say the devil could be your god. I demand that you revoke the statement at once!

--Monte

#24 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:18 AM

this is pretty pointless : /

why u always gotta shot peoples ideas down? does it make u feel good or something? heres an idea go lvl ur newb ass some crits so ur not such a newb or something

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#25 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

Evil Cleric???! Thats about the dumbest thing ive heard...EVER. How can you be an evil servant of god? And dont say the devil could be your god. I demand that you revoke the statement at once!

--Monte

it would not be a cleric anymore more like fallen cleric, ( fallen to praise the powers of the dark gods, or something...) dont try to be a smart ass :)

#26 Monte

Monte
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

:) I am satisfied. Sorry, I've been in a funny mood lately.

--Monte

#27 Windwalker

Windwalker
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:40 PM

i like this idea Maybe u would make it so that u couldnt heal it and that the monsters hp is cut to a limit so that its possible to kill the buggers lol

would help with pallys miss rate too

i back it
You laugh because im different. I laugh because your all the same

#28 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:52 PM

yeh it would :)

#29 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

poof

#30 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:31 AM

Monte I am sorry but I am dissatisfied with the reply to your anti-evil servant of god. I do not believe Nightmist is a monotheistic game therefore there is more than one god making it easy to have evil gods and therefore evil clerics of that evil god.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users