• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

I have begun drawing the town of Nightmist in pixel style. Below is the picture. Every time I do something new, this picture will be updated. I will list all of the updates and changes I do while I go ahead. Feel free to post comments.

http://www.nevetsweb...t/Nightmist.bmp

UPDATES

Aug 21, 06
Uploaded first image with wall
Added Southern Gate House
Moved the Gate House to the other side of the path (Oops :))
Updated Gate House and Added the Bank oppersite.
Added Boars Tusk Inn and Pandilex's Tower
Added Item Vault

Edited by Zelimos, 21 August 2006 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

nice gatehouse
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#3 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

Hopefully I can get this accurate, It's not easy :)

How would the ally look? Would it just be gaps between houses or made up with fences?

Edited by Zelimos, 21 August 2006 - 06:52 PM.

#4 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

hawt so far
Page/Memo Beatrix

#5 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

Basically... You're making this too modern.

#6 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

In what way? Remember this is only the structure design of the image. There will be many changes and additions once I have the full plot.

I'm bored of pixeling today. I'll do more when I can be bothered, and update this topic when I add more too it.

Edited by Zelimos, 21 August 2006 - 08:17 PM.

#7 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:35 AM

nice.
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#8 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:14 AM

I have begun

so..is it safe to assume that, like everything else you've started, it won't get beyond that statement?

Edited by Sneaky, 22 August 2006 - 03:16 AM.

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#9 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

Wow, you're hilarious boring.

#10 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:50 AM

Gambling hall has a "secret" deluxe suite, may need a small extension.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#11 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

wow I m clearly impressed, you should take sometime off and recover from all ur hard efforts :)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#12 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

If that was sarcasm, I'm not even listening.

@Thunderja: I made it extra big for that reason. Remember, just because there are 2 rooms doesn't mean it's 2 buildings :)

That's the great thing about text imagination and visual imagination, the 2 don't have to make sense to each other.

#13 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

sucky sucky

#14 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

Your doing a fine job :)
Don't get discouraged :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#15 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:35 PM

thats not close to how i pictured nightmist...and im kinda wondering why you bother.. do you even play nm?

#16 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

lol this is pointless
Primex ingame

#17 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

I think its quite good, keep up the good work..
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#18 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:20 PM

thats not close to how i pictured nightmist...and im kinda wondering why you bother.. do you even play nm?

I started playing in january 2001, stopped playing regularly in 2005. I don't play often anymore, waiting for Nightmist 2 :)

Can I just add... this isn't how I picture nightmist...

ITS NOT EVEN FINISHED FFS! Atleast wait until I've added all the residential homes, ally way to sewer entrance, colour, shading etc.

jeez, it doesn't just happen on it's own. I'm having a little fun and all you guys want to do is slate it before i've even finished. Morons. This is why I give up, because you don't even give anything enough chance for it to be finished, you just judge without seeing the proper thing. If I want to draw some fan pixel art, in what I see Nightmist as, take it as an opportunity to try yourself, not slate it just because you don't like who I AM. I only expect the typical reply to this one though, same nuts for the passed 6 years.

Edited by Zelimos, 22 August 2006 - 11:24 PM.

#19 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:40 AM

Mr. Serous gets up set when plp flame his stick house, did u not see this coming? :)

Edited by fallen, 23 August 2006 - 07:40 AM.

we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#20 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

I started playing in january 2001, stopped playing regularly in 2005. I don't play often anymore, waiting for Nightmist 2 :)

ITS NOT EVEN FINISHED FFS! Atleast wait until I've added all the residential homes, ally way to sewer entrance, colour, shading etc.

jeez, it doesn't just happen on it's own. I'm having a little fun and all you guys want to do is slate it before i've even finished. Morons. This is why I give up, because you don't even give anything enough chance for it to be finished, you just judge without seeing the proper thing. If I want to draw some fan pixel art, in what I see Nightmist as, take it as an opportunity to try yourself, not slate it just because you don't like who I AM. I only expect the typical reply to this one though, same nuts for the passed 6 years.

"I hope you all die" ... haha.
"Posting has just become a battle of superior priveleges." ~ <3!

#21 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

Don't know who you are to be honest. I haven't looked at it only because the last time someone tried making something for the game like an updated version of NightMist Helper, myself, a staffer, and a few other people's accounts got hacked and rip offed. So think I'll wait awhile to see how legit of a player you are before I go clicking on any links.

#22 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

Nah, this guys pretty ok. If i remember rightly, he used to be in MT when i was years ago.

#23 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

Nah, this guys pretty ok. If i remember rightly, he used to be in MT when i was years ago.

Midnight Thorns, yes, ages ago. My first clan was Death By Dawn, Forever Rain, and Brotherhood Of Darkness, how more legit can you get :)

UPDATE

Add chimneys to houses
Added 2 residential houses left of the Boars Tusk Inn
Added Stairs leading to the Dark Ally.
Added more windows to Pandilex's Tower
Added 2 windows to the Gambling Hall

Edited by Zelimos, 23 August 2006 - 12:04 PM.

#24 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:48 AM

I'm surprised anyone from Forever Rain is still playing.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#25 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:24 AM

I'm surprised anyone from Forever Rain is still playing.

I wouldn't really consider myself as a regular player anymore, it's over-run by newbies now, mostly. You wouldn't happen to be in contact with Da_Bill would you? I'd like to speak to him again.

No updates on the house this morning, might do some more this afternoon. I want to do as much of the line art as I can, so that I can start working on the textures. It does look like a modern street at the moment, but once I start getting the textures on those houses, it should look very old.

#26 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

Keep working on it. If you dont like what people have to say about it, ignore them. Most of the people in Nightmist these days get ignored anyways.

It looks great.

#27 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:57 AM

Keep working on it. If you dont like what people have to say about it, ignore them. Most of the people in Nightmist these days get ignored anyways.

It looks great.

Thanks Eamon. I've updated the picture today.

UPDATES

August 26, 06
Added more residential homes

http://www.nevetsweb...t/Nightmist.bmp

Remember this is only my own interpretation of Nightmist in visual view, not what JLH or Pandilex (Or whoever mapped it) had in mind.

Edited by Zelimos, 26 August 2006 - 04:58 AM.

#28 sly

sly
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:05 AM

it looks like "The Sims"........and i appreciate your effort. looking forward on your textured lay-out.... keep it up

#29 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

what about the alleyway between the bank and the inn?
Evil report carries further than any applause

#30 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

what about the alleyway between the bank and the inn?

I've been thinking this one out. I could either add a staircase (Which I've already added but needs fixing up a bit, and moved a house down), which would lead to a lower ground level, which connects to the sewer entrance, or I could surround the ally with residential housing, but in the game, it doesn't actually mention what surrounds the dark ally (Unless i've just not read it).

Either way, because of the angle of the picture, you probably won't see the ally anyway, apart from the entrance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users