Efforts

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

K i know staff doesnt like to discuss stuff and just shrug us off when we ask questions bout stuff with the exception of one or two. Im curious to know if staff have even discussed any of my suggestions as far as vamp weapons for all classes at lvl 25 with same dotw properties or even removing all vamp weapons with exception of Cobalt and crafted weapons. Or is there other efforts being made that we dont know about as far as helping the other classes train. It would be nice for everyone to be able to train all classes without a cleric....or would be nice if everyone had to have a cleric. Staff plz give some input on this.
Peacemaker both servers.

#2 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

To be honest I brought up the idea of Vamp weapons for each class almost a year ago.
It was met with more resistance than I would have thought possible then dismissed.

I also said LONG before here was a Cobalt ingame to remove them from the 1A server.
As you can see.... not only are they still here. they are now ingame as well.

I asked for the Vampiness of the Spider staff be raised.
Jury still out on that one..

Ask. I will discuss. I will sit and talk to anyone.
Many times till they run screaming into the night.... I love to talk :)

Elf ;)

p/s spell check on Vampiness :ph34r:

Spider Staff being raised.... Was a big NO.... :)

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:55 AM

Yea, I was against the level 25 vamp weapons for every class because there is no way to make sure that it would be balanced. We had enough problems caused by DotW alone, muchless ones for every one of the classes.
It also leaves the mages in-game at a huge disadvantage.

I supported taking Cobalts and others out of the 1-alt server, but it didn't happen.

I can't see any real reason to mess with the Spider Staff unless making the Crystal Giant solo-able by the classes that can use it. I don't really see a problem with that though. So I can't say I'm really against editing it some.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

On the contrary elf... you can't seem to find the time to talk to me anymore. Wonder why. :ph34r:
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#5 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

Yea, I was against the level 25 vamp weapons for every class because there is no way to make sure that it would be balanced. We had enough problems caused by DotW alone, muchless ones for every one of the classes.
It also leaves the mages in-game at a huge disadvantage.

I supported taking Cobalts and others out of the 1-alt server, but it didn't happen.

I can't see any real reason to mess with the Spider Staff unless making the Crystal Giant solo-able by the classes that can use it. I don't really see a problem with that though. So I can't say I'm really against editing it some.

Umm so why leave dotw ingame cause it puts other classes at a disadvantage. Seems only fair to make it to where other classes can get hp back as well. Maybe make mages work like pacis on main and give them hp or mp back once a monster is dead.
Peacemaker both servers.

#6 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

That would require coding. Lol... As for the DotW issue I agree with Jake. As for mages they have always been hard to train and thats why they WERE good PvP. But you see how quickly the best class becomes one of the most difficult...

#7 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

On the contrary elf... you can't seem to find the time to talk to me anymore. Wonder why. ;)

hmmmmm I was gone for 5 days.. could that be why ?
try leaving a memo long as it is game related I always answer back either
with memo or stealing the player away to my tree for a chat.

also ingame name would be nice.

Elf :ph34r:

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#8 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

Im also againest adding more weapons to the game like the DOTWs, as above stated it would just cause more problems. But its not like we can just rip the DOTWs from the game, things don't work that way... then we have to listen to people complain that blah and blah had the advantage for blah ammount of time with the original DOTW etc, etc, and etc... don't really make and good point. Either way we are stuck listening to people complain about something.. so how are we winning here? We can't please everyone... just think, that have the advantage of lvling witht he DOTW because they thought of it first and work toward that as there game plan to get ahead, if it was you guys who had thought of it first the situation would be the same but with them complaining and you guys getting ahead.. its all about who plans and thinks better and faster, isn't it?
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#9 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Im also againest adding more weapons to the game like the DOTWs, as above stated it would just cause more problems. But its not like we can just rip the DOTWs from the game, things don't work that way... then we have to listen to people complain that blah and blah had the advantage for blah ammount of time with the original DOTW etc, etc, and etc... don't really make and good point. Either way we are stuck listening to people complain about something.. so how are we winning here? We can't please everyone... just think, that have the advantage of lvling witht he DOTW because they thought of it first and work toward that as there game plan to get ahead, if it was you guys who had thought of it first the situation would be the same but with them complaining and you guys getting ahead.. its all about who plans and thinks better and faster, isn't it?

Lol Mark i have a lvl 33 thief, lvl 32 thief and a lvl 30 thief all with dotw's im not outing just other people here lol i would give myself a disadvantage as well. I say if you cant remove it then drops its vamparic abilities some....maybe make it hit harder in a specific area so it will only seem good for that area. Or tweak it somehow that would even out stuff. Btw why not make spider staff available for zerks to so they have some way to get hp back as well. Almost all classes do have atleast one way to get some hp back while they train. Not quite as much as the dotw but still spider staff on a zerk would promote more of them being trained. I see them not being used that often as it is.
Peacemaker both servers.

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

I support Spider Staff being available to zerks and perhaps a bump of 1 or 2 in base damage. I also support other staff logging on and helping Elf run 1a.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#11 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Well if DoTW is tweaked id like my gold back :ph34r:

Edit: Demote inactive staff and Promote new ones please.

Edited by hell, 26 September 2008 - 05:49 PM.

Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#12 cxoss

cxoss
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Kind of reminds me of 1 or 2 people who used the gate training tactic to level better and faster and they thought of it first... But..... That was shut down pretty quickly wasnt it? Guess whats ok for some isnt ok for others. GG

#13 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

How can you compare gate training to dotw? Even when people first thought of it, it was still a slower way of training, and you didnt make much gold if any doing it with the 300 gold refresh fee, dotw lets you stay out of town for longer periods of time, the mage users were trying to hide in town only going out when they were attacking, saving 1 stam to go run back and sit in town with no chance of dying, that absolutely needed to be changed... i don't necessarily agree that all towns needed a ktp monster at them, but the idea is still a good one, and it doesnt hurt anything.

Whine and cry all you want that your death free training was taken away... but dotw never ever has given thieves that type of an advantage, so please don't try to compare the 2...
Sublime - 1a.

#14 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

I would have to somewhat disagree. Dagger of the Winds give thieves at higher levels the opportunity to go farther out of town, which in turn gives them a very low risk of being pk'd. I agree with you because the thieves under 31 can't go so far out of town to the harder and better XP monsters due to their 5 stam. A 7 stam Thief itself could solo some Chronos areas, if not all of it, minus the bosses there, in turn leaving them as well with a death-free training spot given that they're smart enough and don't die(which I'd believe the current 7 stam Thieves in-game are smart enough, could be wrong). 6 stam Thieves can go further than anything 30 and under leaving them in pretty good areas themselves and out of harm's way.

Edited by Defeat, 29 September 2008 - 11:06 PM.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#15 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Well i've been gone for a few weeks. Was there anything changed?
Peacemaker both servers.

#16 Ember

Ember
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

lol nothing ever changes in the world of Nightmist lol, People are all a bunch of little Pr**ks ,staff (except elf)are doing nothing to improved the game, but yah "NightMist is the Best!! Woo!!!!" (lol j/k)
Eclipse on 1Alt.

#17 Gin

Gin
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

I don't support Zerkers being able to use spider staff, that's very unrealistic..even if this is a fantasy game..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users