Photo

Worst Staff Member?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's YOUR choice for worst staff member?

Pick Uno.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Numb

Numb
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

:P
Funk you

#2 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Gaddy wasn't a choice?
Apocalypto

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

I don't know about WORST staff member. You had a lot of failures though...people who used the fact that they became staff to just sit around and police the petty arguments that actually, never needed to be sorted out really. People who didn't bother to work to make the game a better and more exciting place. I'll always think that you missed out on a lot by not giving me a chance at being staff, as despite my nerdiness (and trolling) I can be quite creative. As an example of this, I have lately been mapping for Unreal Tournament (it's still going strong after 12 years), and most of what I make is used in international cup competitions and tournaments.

Anyway, there's a lot of people who I would file under "no point in being staff", and I can hardly remember the names, so I won't try. For the record though, I voted Aidon, for old times' sake <3
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Numb

Numb
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

There were a-lot of people like yourself Raylen who should have been given a chance or put back on the staff team.

(Yavimaya, Stigmata, You)

Gaddy is a pretty awesome dude.

I realize I should have gotten some kind of survey going to see who people generally disliked.

Edited by Numb, 02 April 2011 - 03:19 PM.

Funk you

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Why's Abstract not on the list?

I will withhold my vote for the time being. I think everyone else has been a pretty good staffer, with the exception of Aidon.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#6 tehbirr

tehbirr
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

lol i think if ur gonna do this poll, u should put the a list of all the bad staff, not 1-2 bad staff on a list full of great and awesome staff
teh primex... lullaby on main - devour on 1alt

#7 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Topics like this really aren't helpful, you know.

#8 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

Funny how the person that's been voted the worst to this point, is the one that's done the most for the multi server in the last year. /eyes
Jaded ingame.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

Stadius.
Ruined Nightmist for me in so many ways. Worst sysops of all time.

Also, I think there were some staff who cheated.
Like---legit put items in-game for their friends, boosted exp, and that sort of thing. Those are the worst staff members ever for Nightmist as a game.
Pandilex may have dropped random questies and done stuff just to mess with people, but I am pretty sure he did it evenly and fairly, rather than cheating or helping friends.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Well I know Jared once teleported our druid back into Tirantek somewhere after he got her killed by a Drow Rogue. And of course there was the nice one about how Aeryn macro'd to teleport his staff character to every boss square ingame to save time on checking them.

Oh and I also vote Crane, for banning me for about 2 minutes. I can't quite remember how it worked, but he created some lame lvl-6-only mosh, and I /reset a high-level thief to go and assassinate everyone. I would have gotten away with it too...luckily it was 23:58 so the ban wore off a minute later :P

BTW, just out of curiosity - I'm not generally seeing many people playing on Current Players. Is there any real point in having staff members - I think there's like 4 or 5 at the moment - is that really necessary?

Anyway, GL and HF all :)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#11 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Only one that actually does anything to my knowledge is Stig. Why the ones who don't do anything still have their character I don't know.
Autek in game.

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

Yeah... The one person who actually deserves to be on the list...

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#13 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Why not just do another overhaul? Most of the current staff obviously don't do anything, so change it up and hire some new people. I'm not sure how welcome my services would be, but I certainly think I can help Stig in any way I'm able. It would be cool to get a chance to help staff a server that doesn't have a player base consisting of just Pandilex, Piggy, Prototype and Myself. We obviously didn't get much opportunity there, lol.

On Topic - Aidon was horrible, lol.
Sublime - 1a.

#14 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Well I know Jared once teleported our druid back into Tirantek somewhere after he got her killed by a Drow Rogue. And of course there was the nice one about how Aeryn macro'd to teleport his staff character to every boss square ingame to save time on checking them.

Oh and I also vote Crane, for banning me for about 2 minutes. I can't quite remember how it worked, but he created some lame lvl-6-only mosh, and I /reset a high-level thief to go and assassinate everyone. I would have gotten away with it too...luckily it was 23:58 so the ban wore off a minute later :P

BTW, just out of curiosity - I'm not generally seeing many people playing on Current Players. Is there any real point in having staff members - I think there's like 4 or 5 at the moment - is that really necessary?

Anyway, GL and HF all :)

The 2 minutes was deliberate, since it wasn't something that deserved an outright day-ban but I wanted to make a point that resetting a crit in order to use equipment that you shouldn't currently be using wasn't acceptable. Someone else did it with a Mage once in order to use Blast at level 10 or something.

All staff are hated at some point in their careers, I've learnt; it's impossible to be perfect.

POST SCRIPTUM: I null-voted.

Edited by Crane, 04 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#15 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

rofl wow what happened to like half the posts made here earlier this week?
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#16 Numb

Numb
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

lol, awesome.
Funk you

#17 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Worst goes to aidon.

I miss Officer Crane.
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#18 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

What about Isyng? Never answered my pages :P :)

#19 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

Wtf is Laka? Never saw that name before, I don't think....
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#20 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Laka is Laca. Was a staffer on the orignal Nightmist pre-reset at end of 2000-begining of 2001. Member of Legion of the Night clan, and also known as 'Melior the unbannable"
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#21 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:34 AM

Now I know where Mt. Melior came from... and I boosted his ego by actually putting it in-game in 2005. Curses!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#22 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Nobody remember Cyric banning people for a like a week for swearing xD

Obviously, those who cheated are the worst kind as they aren't just misguided or useless but calculated ways in which to benefit themselves.
Si Senior!

#23 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

WTF!!! Why is Stig on there!?
Stupid ppl.
I voted Null.

#24 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Knowing Numb, he really messed up at his staff choices. We all know who has the x factor at being the gayest staff ever.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users