Photo

Who's Been Here Since...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_xXPapaSmokeXx_*

Guest_xXPapaSmokeXx_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

Are there still people here from pre-reset or early 2001? Although I'm not an extremely active player anymore, I've been a member of the Nightmist community since January 2001. Wondering if there is anybody who has been here as long as me or longer.

This game ruled my life for a couple years lol, 1999ish-2001 or 2002. I have been trying to remember my old crit names! My real name is chase if anyone remembers lol. I was part of the Notorious Beanie Masters for a while. I remember Pippin and Samus, one of my good friends at the time played as well. His name was Magnus. I will do some research to see if I can find any of my old names. I'm gonna have to dig through the old forum. If I magically remember the password for my old acct, can I still recover crits from that long ago?

I just found found myself in the old forum. My forum name and I believe my first crit name was The_Colonel! Must look for more!

crit name Fight

Edited by xXPapaSmokeXx, 26 July 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#32 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

unfortunately you cant restore from that long ago. :/... there is a restorer on the site but it clears every so often...
Apocalypto

#33 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

My first ever archmaster kill, with a l25 ranger. This was back in the days of windows 98 which displayed all the text in one long go rather than putting each action on a new line....

Boar's Tusk Inn: You're in the Boar's Tusk Inn. The Boar's Tusk exits to the Tutorial Sector to the North and Viper Street to the East.Joanna, Persian_Immortal, Alchemy, Frostling, Harlock, Hendrix, Spartacus, Bartender are here with you.You went East.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and the Boar's Tusk is West.Joanna, Town_Babe, Kantaro, Alchemy, Town Crier are here with you.Joanna cast a spell on Alchemy.Kantaro: and then anythingJoanna just went West.Darkassassin just arrived from the North.You went South.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South.Alchemy is here with you.Darkassassin just arrived from the North.Darkassassin just went South.You went South.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South.Alchemy is here with you.You went South.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and there is a small dark alley to the West.Darkassassin, Alchemy are here with you.Darkassassin just went West.You went South.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The gatehouse is South, and viper street continues to the North. There is a guardhouse to the East, and a bank West.Alchemy is here with you.You went South.Southern Gatehouse: You are standing at the Gatehouse to Nightmist City. You may travel North into the City of Nightmist, or South onto a worn path.Lil_Killer, Vandal, Riot, Alchemy, Diablos, Yuri are here with you.You went South.A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go South, or head towards NightMist to the North.Infestation, Alchemy, Tadpole, Zekhia, Kalypso, Elril, Justiss are here with you.Kalypso: LOLYou went South.A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go North and South.Alchemy is here with you.You went North.A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go South, or head towards NightMist to the North.Infestation, Alchemy, Tadpole, Zekhia, Kalypso, Elril, Justiss are here with you.Infestation just went South.Alchemy rapidly fired at Tadpole, but missed.Tadpole was ripped to shreds by Alchemy's rapid fire from his Enchanted Bow.Tadpole dropped an Advanced Healing Potion.Tadpole fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.Tadpole ducked at the wrong time to avoid Alchemy's stinging rapid fire!You went North.Southern Gatehouse: You are standing at the Gatehouse to Nightmist City. You may travel North into the City of Nightmist, or South onto a worn path.Lil_Killer, Vandal, Riot, Alchemy, Diablos, Yuri are here with you.You went North.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The gatehouse is South, and viper street continues to the North. There is a guardhouse to the East, and a bank West.Alchemy is here with you.You went North.Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and there is a small dark alley to the West.Sly_Fox, Cronicle, Alchemy are here with you.Sly_Fox: cronicalDarkassassin just arrived from the West.Tadpole just arrived from the North.Tadpole: zTadpole just went South.Sly_Fox: why are you tracking me

#34 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

If anyone has any pre-reset screenshots or just really old Nightmist screenshots you should post them here!

^^^ Someone out there must have some saved to photobucket or something surely! Bet JLH has some saved. I should email him or something.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#35 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

My first ever archmaster kill, with a l25 ranger. This was back in the days of windows 98 which displayed all the text in one long go rather than putting each action on a new line....

Boar's Tusk Inn: You're in the Boar's Tusk Inn. The Boar's Tusk exits to the Tutorial Sector to the North and Viper Street to the East.
Joanna, Persian_Immortal, Alchemy, Frostling, Harlock, Hendrix, Spartacus, Bartender are here with you.
You went East.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and the Boar's Tusk is West.
Joanna, Town_Babe, Kantaro, Alchemy, Town Crier are here with you.
Joanna cast a spell on Alchemy.
Kantaro: and then anything
Joanna just went West.
Darkassassin just arrived from the North.
You went South.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South.
Alchemy is here with you.
Darkassassin just arrived from the North.
Darkassassin just went South.
You went South.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South.
You went South.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and there is a small dark alley to the West.
Darkassassin, Alchemy are here with you.
Darkassassin just went West.
You went South.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The gatehouse is South, and viper street continues to the North. There is a guardhouse to the East, and a bank West.
You went South.
Southern Gatehouse: You are standing at the Gatehouse to Nightmist City. You may travel North into the City of Nightmist, or South onto a worn path.
Lil_Killer, Vandal, Riot, Alchemy, Diablos, Yuri are here with you.
You went South.
A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go South, or head towards NightMist to the North.
Infestation, Alchemy, Tadpole, Zekhia, Kalypso, Elril, Justiss are here with you.
Kalypso: LOL
You went South.
A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go North and South.
You went North.
A Worn Path: You are on a worn path. You can go South, or head towards NightMist to the North.
Infestation, Alchemy, Tadpole, Zekhia, Kalypso, Elril, Justiss are here with you.
Infestation just went South.
Alchemy rapidly fired at Tadpole, but missed.
Tadpole was ripped to shreds by Alchemy's rapid fire from his Enchanted Bow.
Tadpole dropped an Advanced Healing Potion.
Tadpole fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.
Tadpole ducked at the wrong time to avoid Alchemy's stinging rapid fire!
You went North.
Southern Gatehouse: You are standing at the Gatehouse to Nightmist City. You may travel North into the City of Nightmist, or South onto a worn path.
Lil_Killer, Vandal, Riot, Alchemy, Diablos, Yuri are here with you.
You went North.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The gatehouse is South, and viper street continues to the North. There is a guardhouse to the East, and a bank West.
You went North.
Viper Street: You are standing on the worn cobbles of Viper Street. The street continues North and South, and there is a small dark alley to the West.
Sly_Fox, Cronicle, Alchemy are here with you.
Sly_Fox: cronical
Darkassassin just arrived from the West.
Tadpole just arrived from the North.
Tadpole: z
Tadpole just went South.
Sly_Fox: why are you tracking me

Clayton > Win 98

Edited by Sausage, 12 August 2012 - 03:40 AM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#36 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I arrived after pre-set 2 months before they changed the race stats..my old fighter Hell_Razor LOL!!

then shortly after my main was Zipo/Solidus/Armageddon..my tag team party..my thief still as some of the most pks..and my ranger too!!!..100+ on during those times..people never logged on more then 3 crits too..it was very fun and tactical!!
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#37 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

joined after the pre reset. Was trainin with dudes having buncha true as first name... Like true thief, true heala, so on ........ Was gintonic and shadow that time...... Was a noob and after soooooo many years, i became teh Noobisaurus still trying to have fun in this text based game.... . .

hmmm yeah, i still remeber jeremy aka myrdon trying to hit on teh goth chairwoman mia, sexiest half orc irl. Lmfao...... i still get lost in sewers second level.. Pwnt.

Jc

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#38 The Joker

The Joker
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Been here since the beginning.

"LeTs PuT a sMiLe oN tHaT fACe!"

SErVer: 1aLt

nAMe: Joker

#39 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

It's rather surprising that there's so many folks around from the pre-reset or early post-reset days of NM. Well around on the forums at least. Too bad more don't come around. Would love to talk to some of the really old players again. Especially the old seth from Legions of the Night pre-reset. I always wanted to admit something to him involving the players Ikaros, Baros, a pair of Razor Claws, and my old barbarian Android_20. Sadly I never got to and probably never will!

#40 The Joker

The Joker
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hah, back when Sysops roamed the lands. So who were you after the reset?

"LeTs PuT a sMiLe oN tHaT fACe!"

SErVer: 1aLt

nAMe: Joker

#41 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

lol yeah was nice back then.

I was uh Illidan, Exor, and Rappy_Ninja_Is_Lame after the reset. Had to pick new names since JLH wouldn't let numbers be in names anymore so I couldn't be Android_20. Not that I'd really wanted to at that point since I had gotten over my DBZ craze and got uh older.

Speaking of Android_20 though. Before I ended up quitting, JLH actually did let me have the name back. Was the only character left with numbers in his name if I recall.

#42 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Man I've been bored so I was looking through the old Nightmist forum from pre 2004 for the hell of it. The nostalgia hits me like a ton of bricks just reading some of the old posts and remembering how amazing this game was once upon a time. It's funny I think back and I miss the beginning of pretty much every game I've played such as Nightmist, World of Warcraft, and Diablo 2. But Nightmist really was something special back then.

One thing the old forums is showing me though is how much of an asshole I was at times, lol... It's also a refresher on many things I had forgotten about over the years. Like all the people I shared accounts with at times, all the clans I joined or made. I completely forgot Ste(Stigmata) and myself were leaders of one of the strongest clans pre-reset. Good ol Dark Shadows. Then there was a guild a lot of us formed called Council of the Elders or something similar. Think it was post-reset though and contained a crap load of old school players.

I'm reading a thread on the old forums now just like this one called Memories. Lots of nostalgia in that thread. Since we've been discussing old stuff here I'll ask my question here as well. Does anyone remember Norinth or the Fire Mage from pre-reset? I honestly don't remember them, but in the thread I'm talking of theres a post by me stating how I was in the first team to kill Norinth and the Fire Mage only to discover they dropped nothing. Pretty weird I can remember all sorts of pre-reset bosses vividly like Ssilx, Ogre, Hell Baron, Giant Tentacle Beast, Harlequin, Gorgon Beast, Stone Lord, and thats about it but I just do not remember the Norinth or Fire Mage.

#43 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

your illidan...hmmm i made a post about that crit just cant find it in teh old forum....

#44 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Lol really? Yeah I was/am Illidan. Had some good times on that crit especially in the Triplex.

#45 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I've posted this pic before, but it seems relevant to this thread too so I'll repost it for those who might not have seen it. Some good ol nostalgia.

Posted Image

Can't believe I don't see Android_20 on there though!

I think I know or knew pretty much every single person on there. Anthrax,Lyetor,Kurgan, and Zidane I think were all Thrax/Ebony's crits too if I'm not mistaken. bones69, flame69, and Akasha(Medora) were also pretty much the first friends I made on Nightmist when I started. Ganja/Mistress_Kittie(Kat) was just plain awesome. MasterLocke was my boy. He was cocky as nuts, but pretty cool. I think Mael was Medoras boyfriend at the time? Can't remember. Joe90 was JLH's test crit I think. billy_the_kid was a super nice guy from what I remember. Flux, Deval, and Odin were in a league all their own. They would keep me in stitches. I remember Arieswar was in Legion of the Night, but I never saw him talk. And Baros/Ikaros were two really good players too. I think they were the guys that showed Ste(Stigmata) and myself the power of Revive.

But yeah I really should email Pandi or JLH sometime to see if they've got anymore old pics around like that, and suggest they maybe host them on the main page or something. I know there's a picture of what Nightmist's map pre-reset looked like, but I cannot find it anymore. Someone has it though I'm sure.

#46 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

I still have that ranger...
Alchemy's stats are:
Race/Class: Male Halfling Archmaster Class II Hunter. Str: 17, Int: 19, Dex: 21, Con: 18, Wis: 15, Chr: 17, Lev: 32, Exp: 471,975,516, HP: 334, MP: 0, Stm: 5.

And the thief that led the party..
Race/Class: Male Dwarf Archmaster Class I Assassin. Str: 21, Int: 14, Dex: 18, Con: 19, Wis: 14, Chr: 14, Lev: 31, Exp: 367,219,523, HP: 306, MP: 0, Stm: 5.
This character can still be /reset.

who needs stats :lol:

#47 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Here's a super old school /who that someone around here posted in another thread ages back and I had saved. Its from mid 2001! I'm in there on Android_20 and I see many old names I remember. Especially my old good friend Maldoror.

Log from 6-10-2001:

Welcome to Nightmist
Type /? to obtain a list of online sysops. Sysops are here to help!
To page a user or sysop, type /p <name of sysop> <message>.
You can get general help by typing "help" and pressing enter.

visit www.nightmist.co.uk for the latest info.

Special Events! Every Friday at 10pm GMT, there will be a mosh. All players are invited! Prizes to be won!

Listen up, there have been issues of characters being stolen, we advise you to make your password difficult to guess, by including at least one number in it. Also, people have been pretending to trade items, then running away before completing their part of the deal. If I find this to have happened again, I will ban the culprit without question. If you want to be sure, use a staff member to watch over the transaction.

Armors equips have been updated - Krillick

There are 35 users online.
All characters have been reset to level 1 ! Your exp remains, just wander these corridors until you find your training room, and level up as usual. This is the Basic Training Room. You can visit the guilds 'North', or enter a portal 'South'.
There are 36 users online.
Online users: 'Metatron', 'billy_the_kid', 'Maldoror', 'Daemon', 'sarious', 'TheTest', 'Android_20', 'Teathius (AFK)', 'Seti', 'Arke', 'Charmed', 'Heero (AFK)', 'Snow', 'bones69', 'Craven', 'Rahjek (AFK)', 's88', 'GobIin', 'Vanadis (AFK)', 'Larynx', 'Robicus', 'bride_of_the_kid (AFK)', 'Kulidian', 'SlimShady', 'qwerty2', 'MMc', 'Kahn', 'Telstar', 'Storm69 (AFK)', 'Justice_Knight', 'TripHammer', 'Greek_Elf', 'Sir_Patrick', 'Sepheroth', 'eron', 'kaizer_95'.

#48 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Numbers in namess!!!

I think that was the second time I quit... When I had to turn 187 into One_Eighty_Seven I lost all hope...

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#49 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUIT POSTING CLAY!
Apocalypto

#50 Guest_MistressKittie_*

Guest_MistressKittie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Mistress_Kittie was just plain awesome? Uh yeah, she was the awesomest of everything that is or ever has been awesome. Boom :)

#51 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I remember the old forums before YaBB 1 Gold, it was cool boards or something. I remember downloading Nightmist from this arcade games website and immediately becoming hooked on it. No other game, besides a SA:MP server has really got me hooked before. Maybe Diablo 2 back in the day but not as much as Nightmist.

First clan was Death By Dawn, owned by Rich, his main crit was Lit at the some or some nuts. Became friends with him and some dude called Da_Bill, who created Forever Rain shortly after.  I think I owned several top 10 clans back in the day, as well as being a member of Brotherhood of Darkness, NBM, Devils Kingdom (If that's right, was Jess's clan), The Resistance, Broken, Midnight Thorns... The list goes on.

People might remember me more as Xlithan, as that was my first proper character.  All my crits have been purged, and I can't seem to restore them, so that's why I don't play any more.

#52 Guest_MistressKittie_*

Guest_MistressKittie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Ugh, BoD.. hahaha I think I remember you! I was Ganja/Mistress_Kittie... those are the only two I can remember at the moment.. lol

#53 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Man what I wouldn't give if JLH would bring back the pre-reset map and what not on a new server or something. That'd get me back to Nightmist for sure. All this reminiscing here reminds me how much fun Nightmist was. From pre-reset up until like 2005 the game couldn't have been better!

#54 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Ah man, love seeing more and more old faces coming around. Good stuff

#55 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

i was here back before new forums came out the lvl cap for pking  i never archesd anything i had a lvl 16 human p x x p p x   then the reset came i was KaKaRoTT if anybody remembers me but yea it was fun back then even after the reset it was fun untill 1a came out then i quit  but i jus recently came back    ...not the same ... i mised the days where u hit /who and over 300 people we online

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#56 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

I attended most church wedding in nm more than irl lol... I discovered to put bounty on my alts duing trips so as not to loose any gold, you can still put bounty anywhere in the map waaaayyyy back... Was in various clans.... Astral and TR were humping at eah other.... Moshes were monopolized by someone like they always say,.... I use to play a zerker named Vietnam with nice dwarf 4 stats but hp lower than an averge of a ling... Supreme pretty suck the dessy much and Jeremy aka myrdon was still a virgin unil he met Mia the goth horc zerk.... hmmm Abra was teh shyt for getting free boots of speed when simon arse was drunk...then he was giving cobalt away like hot cakes.... Trading system was the best way back.... /yell STAFF!!!!! We wanna trade shyt!!! Cule, Squee, Isolation, kinda help me go around.... first crit i rolled was a cleric and dunno shyt about racks and skele, all i heal were players lol got it to lvl 24 doing that... Old forum name was gintonic

#57 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

And im still a noob /flex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users