• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Are there still people here from pre-reset or early 2001? Although I'm not an extremely active player anymore, I've been a member of the Nightmist community since January 2001. Wondering if there is anybody who has been here as long as me or longer.

#2 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Pre-reset yo. Was TheStranger and the original Samus when the new Nightmist was born, shared with Pippin.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#3 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:40 AM

Pre-resest; "fusion" (back then the naming convention was much more liberated); Human Paladin. Probably 1 statter. Haha. Old Jahanna FTW.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#4 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

I never played pre-reset, I remember Samus from early post-reset though, and of course Pippin, back in the Notorious Beanie Masters days (I think that's right... lol).

#5 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

Fizzlegod pre reset. Best stat was 17, human pally.

#6 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

here....was xxWiCkEdXx for a while, also had DeRaNgEdKiLLa uhm, had WithOutLife for a little. people know me as "sour" or "animosity" aka vince. played pre reset for a little, became more known after reset
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#7 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

I played pre-reset but not long enough to arch anything before the xp and gold was handed out. I remember ordoprae and elfking helping me out quite a bit.
Autek in game.

#8 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

The first time I played some ranger partied me and kept dragging me to grassy meadow to kill me over and over and over. That was WAY before level cap was added to pking. Good times. I remember the game lagging whenever you typed /who. There'd be a huge delay and then it'd scroll for a second.

#9 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

I came in a little bit after reset.

NBM, 0 stats, no lvl cap and numbers in names ftw.

Astral Warriors. Get pwnt. /strike fear

I had a nuts load of fun and never had an arch up until a few years ago (Paci was first arch.. But that doesn't count lol). I quit several times and came back. Plenty of good memories...

Thanks JLH.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#10 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

Yeah it was certainly a blast back in the day. My first clan was Death By Dawn owned by Lit (Aka fat gay rich), then I joined Forever Rain, owned by Da_Bill, then NBM, then BoD which was a big accomplishment for me. Getting into that clan was like trying to get into a nuns knickers. Was in Devils Kingdom for a while, The Resistance but I got kicked for not donating often enough. Owned a few clans myself which made it into the top 10 pretty often, and I've been in other popular clans such as Broken, Midnight Thorns and others.

Had a few archs back in the day, although probably never arched a character in my whole time of playing (Probably got to level 28 then traded it for an arch). Was a very active PKer, probably still would be if it wasn't for the rediculous level caps they've got now.

I don't play 1a because I believe in alts :P

#11 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

Pre-reset player here! Although I don't and haven't played in ages I still come by and keep up with things going on when I can.

So let me see here.. Pre-reset, Android_20 the Arched Nomad Barbarian was my main crit. (Cannot believe I named myself after DBZ :P ). Also had my mage MaDnEsS that I shared with Ste back in the day. Was in the clan Legion of the Night with the OGs (so to speak) of Nightmist. Seth, Anthrax, Ebony, Laca, and a few others who escape my memory atm. If my memory serves when Ste and I started sharing and leveling up our mage we made our own clan shortly before the reset occured. Can't remember the name of it, I think it was Council of the Elders but that might have been after the reset. I forget. That reminds me how -amazing- it was training off of the Harlequin. That was a little known secret I think we got from Necronomicon or Vivi.

I remember pissing quite a few people off as I rode by on my overpowered Barbarian with his Razor Claws insta gibbing everyone and preventing them from training. Made enemies with quite alot of people although my most noted one I remember was Bishop/Cyric. Also reminds me of how much I HATED Scream/Rich and that kid Gunner he hung out with when I first met them. Rich grew on me though. Was so funny how everyone despised him for the dumbest things.

I'm trying to remember what was the best of the best equipment back then. I remember Razor Claws of course. I think the Ogre dropped an amazing helmet which was called Ogre Helm. Then there was the Crystal Precise Shield that Harlequin dropped. Also the Champ's Belt of course. I can't remember much more. I know some tentacle boss dropped the Sword of Sharpness which was my first item to get that made me feel proud, lol. These were of course not counting questies which I barely remember. The only questies I remember from back then were like Ebony/Anthrax's Titanium Helmet and then the Grand Sword of Kalados which Anthrax let me use for awhile. I'm surprised I actually remember all this nuts actually since it's been nearly a decade after all.

Man what I wouldn't give if JLH would bring back the pre-reset map and what not on a new server or something. That'd get me back to Nightmist for sure. All this reminiscing here reminds me how much fun Nightmist was. From pre-reset up until like 2005 the game couldn't have been better!

Edit: Jeez, I just meant to make a quick reply and this turned into a long ass nostalgic filled post!

Edited by Exor, 23 July 2010 - 08:15 AM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#12 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

From pre-reset up until like 2005 the game couldn't have been better!

agreed

#13 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Precise Crystal Shield was dropped by something down in hell waste, can't remember what it was called though.

Stones Axe of the Ages = Stone Lord
Ogre Helm = Ogre
Sword of Sharpess = Giant Tenticle Beast
Gorgon Spine Staff = Gorgon Beast
Razor Claws = Sslix
Full Plate Armor(Also Shop Bought) = Hell Baron
Undead Sword? = Skeleton King/Lord
Harlequin's Mask(I may have dreamt this one up, I'm not sure) = Harlequin

Additional quest items = Dragon's Hide, Dragon Scale Shield, Wrist Blades

Ebony's Tit Helm was awesome, because when he had it equipped he had so much armor that when spelled up it all but made him invincible.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#14 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:44 AM

Haha glad you could remember all of those! Those names bring back some crazy nostalgia. Stone Axe of the Ages, was that actually any good? Im trying to remember the best weapons back then. We had Razor Claws, Cobalt Staff, and Grand Sword of Kalados which owned all. Then there was the Sword of Sharpness or the Blade of Honor below which were worse. I forget where Stones Axe was in quality of how good it was, but I think I remember using it before I got my Razor Claws.

Although I'm 99% sure Precise Crystal Shield dropped from Harlequin. I remember having quite the market on whatever Harlequin dropped at the time because no one knew how to get to him, and I remember having lots of Crystal Shields. Then again maybe it's actually me dreaming that up, lol. Been so long.

I think I may have told you this once, but I remember back on my first character you either gave me a Vortex Gate or led me to that one town in the middle of no where to buy myself a Bastard Sword on my little gimp assassin, rofl. I forgot what the name of that town was, but I remember it was like the least used town back then.

And yeah I remember Ebony was practically invincible with all those questies on his spelled up mage, it was insane.

Edit: Any of you remember MasterLocke? Just remembered that guy. His crit(Assassin I think?) was so retardedly overpowered. I forgot why JLH let him keep his broken stats, but I remember there was a specific reason for it.

Edited by Exor, 20 August 2010 - 04:59 AM.

#15 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

Sword of Sharpess = Giant Tenticle Beast - I believe it was "The Great Tentacle Beast" :P
Undead Sword? = Skeleton King/Lord - Was this The Zombie King?

Remember Tienno's old mansion? :)
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#16 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Elven Village
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#17 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

Oh yeah Elven Village that's it. Good memory there.

#18 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

Geologist (required a key to go down into his hole) dropped the Precise Crystal Shield. Harlequin did indeed drop the Harlequin('s) Mask and had a quite fun maze/riddle that you had to traverse before you getting to the boss fight.

Edit: I also remember something about the Blade of Honor being worth 100k+ back then possibly from a shop. I remember Ste getting it the first week that the "new" server was up and everyone freaking out (was bought in Arilin for 1k).

Edited by Yggdrasill, 01 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#19 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

I think I was among the first handful of players, it was way too long ago to remember clearly, but I don't play nowadays at all. I pop by the forums every few months or so to see how the game's going though. Pretty nostalgic seeing some of the posts here, those were some good times - and Ebony was -completely- invincible. It was one of the reasons the game needed an overhaul, the old armour system meant that over a special number you were completely immune to damage, I think it was 400 oh god why do I remember that. I couldn't even kill myself with direct damage from my staff character until it was fixed. :D

I miss playing somewhat but I don't think I could play again, I tried a few years ago and it just wasn't the same. Not saying the game is worse now, but my interests shifted and the game has evolved etc etc it's not you it's me. I met some awesome people here over the years though, some of which I'm still in contact with, so I don't regret the time I spent here. Plus no doubt one day JLH will reach the next level and turn it into a 3D game rivalling World of Warcraft and I'll be famous for my amazing copy-paste area building skills, if any of my areas are even still in the game.

Edited by Harky, 17 September 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#20 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

Anyone have any of the original music files from the old NM? Broken Arm Tavern got one of the oldies back but there was some music in Cloud City and such that are long lost memories of mine. Would be awesome to get them back!

#21 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

The Church had music at one point but it was very annoying lol. Only MUD similar to Nightmist that has constant music is Realms of Kaos. I think the music adds to the feel of the game.

#22 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

Wow I forgot that the church had music. That really was annoying if I'm remembering it correctly.

On a side note Yggdrasil I finally know what your avatar is from! Just started playing some League of Legends myself this week. Very good stuff indeed.

#23 Terrier

Terrier
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

i was in NBM with Pippin. my first char was BABE46 I was just stealing money from players and stuff.
When i was 26 genome thief it got deleted and i kept the exp.
Genome stats 17 x 20 21 x x.
I traded the exp for a 29 human fighter Anticrist 19 x 18 19 18 x witch pwned.:P
I will be open for any boss partyes pm if u need me,i play for quest only

#24 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Yeah that was awesome when gnome stats got changed. I remember I xferred my exp to a ranger, Bane (first person with the name tyvm), which Ste rolled for me when I joined BoD.
Autek in game.

#25 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Man just checked this thread out again. I love seeing old pre-reset stuff. Gets me all nostalgia and stuff!

I really wish I could find a bunch of old screenshots from back then to save. I only have one and it's of the top ranked players which is good, but I wish I had more. I also wish I actually play on a pre-reset server again. If not just for the nostalgia effect of it because it would crazy to see again. I tried googling old players and such hoping to find screenshots of the game but didn't really find any. I did however find some random forum where Baros and Ikaros were posting at talking about Nightmist recently. I remember fighting them all the time with some Legions of the Night guildies.

Hard to believe that's been a decade ago now.

#26 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Pre-reset here, though didnt do much before reset happened, was a lvl 15 human fighter named Zerron, Ran around with Terron(piddy) alot.(theres a back story there but i can get to that later) After reset was same name same class, got up to about 23, Bought TwztidFreak the zerk, not that mage douche. Had a Couple of top 5 clans and a number ! clan for a day before TR invited all their alts and bought rooms :lol: Legions of Doom was the #1 clan(or it was Young Gunz, not sure anymore its been so long) also had Karmic Perserverence. was good times <3 old time clan building

#27 DefectiveBomb

DefectiveBomb
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

lol pre reset for about 5 days and then after both times had the same 3 characters Kornpicker, Malefunction, Metallica and i helped run the aviators with jared/allen lol killed them and then invited them to clan good times good times
METALLICA

#28 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

Hearing the words pre reset I just can't help feel as if I could've wasted more time... <3
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#29 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

If anyone has any pre-reset screenshots or just really old Nightmist screenshots you should post them here!

#30 DefectiveBomb

DefectiveBomb
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

lol ive had so many different computers since i started i wish i still had some screenshots of back when
METALLICA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users