Photo

Does The "new Paladin Races, Dwarf And Half-elf" Poll Belong In Off-topic Polls?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the "New Paladin Races, Dwarf and Half-Elf" poll belong in off-topic polls? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the "New Paladin Races, Dwarf and Half-Elf" poll belong in off-topic polls?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

Does the "New Paladin Races, Dwarf and Half-Elf" poll belong in off-topic polls? DOES IT?
Apocalypto

#2 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

It may have not been in the correct place in discussions, not sure why though, but it def dose not deserve to be burried in off topic.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

No.

Improvements, Suggestions, Nightmist Development, and Paladin Discussion would all be appropriate selections if Discussion was found to be unfit.

Off-Topic Polls is making a mockery of the thread itself.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#4 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Might have just been moved there by mistake...
Si Senior!

#5 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

Wow, the depth people go just to complain about something.

Does anyone truly care where it is? The forums are so quiet it really isn't hard to spot. How about I place it in Paladin Discussion, then we won't complain on forums for a week. Oh.. what? These threads will keep coming anyways? ..aah..so why would I bother then?

One sec it's token bosses, next it's a little error in forum moving. Priorities people, perhaps make a list where we need to spend the time on. This new lvling system is so close, but I'm sensing I should've organized the forum better. Although deleting posts and moving threads isn't something I like to do, just let me know and I can see if I can make some room somewhere else.

p.s Buried? If anything, in game discussion it gets buried quicker then in the forum poll part.

p.p.s It's also not an improvement, or a suggestion, or development, as it does neither of those things. It only checks how other people feel about it, nothing concrete is being offered. Perhaps it's Paladin discussion, but then why not place it there the first time around.

p.p.p.s lol @ mockery of the thread.

p.p.p.p.s perhaps a simple PM with a place to move it would have done more. But tbh, that isn't really the reason this thread was started, and replied on, in the first place, now was it?

Wow look at the time, that's 10 min gone past. Time well spent, time to punch out and hit the sack.

Later geezers.

p.p.p.p.p.s I didn't move it btw, but my curiosity is getting the better of me now. Perhaps I will do it in the near future, just to see who's cage I will rattle.

p.p.p.p.p.p.s Wow the order of this is so wrong
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:43 AM

I am far from impressed in the staff's constant belittling of the players who complain - I distinctly recall an incident where a player complained of not gaining XP at the Demilich on the 1-alt server, and him being publicly lambasted for complaining of 'something so insignificant' and that they look for anything to complain about, and then it was revealed that it was true because the room in question had been inexplicably set to no-XP loss (which also doubles as no-XP gain).

People will naturally complain if they spot something out of the ordinary, especially if it is sudden, apparently unjust (at least on the surface) and done without explanation.

The forum is not dead; just because people are not logged in or are logged in anonymously, and don't post, doesn't mean the forum isn't read... and if anything, the topics on Game Discussion were receiving plenty of attention, especially the Boss Thread and my own poll for that matter.

As for this particular argument, the Paladin poll does not belong in Off-Topic simply because it is a poll related to the gameplay of Nightmist, hence it is not off-topic. If you disagree with what I was suggesting in that poll, just say so, instead of following dishonourable and underhanded tactics, otherwise it comes across as poor forum moderation.

Edited by Crane, 19 November 2009 - 01:51 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

Does the "New Paladin Races, Dwarf and Half-Elf" poll belong in off-topic polls? DOES IT?

Does it matter?
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

Does it matter?

The point is, it was moved to Off-Topic from Game Discussion, and the poll is certainly not off-topic; it means that the action is either extremely poor forum moderation, an apparent attempt to draw attention away from the poll, or a third reason that has not yet come to light. Either way, it does matter in my eyes.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#9 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

Marty, you are one funny mother mooser. After a long day of working 2 gigs, to come home and see something like that made my night that much better. Keep up the good work and snarling remarks.

People, people, do not take this staffers "verbal tenacity" the wrong way. He is a cute little buttercup filled with love and well wishes for all. He just can not express these feeling the way normal people do because he is Belgum, or Sweedish, or one of those clock making, chocolate loving countries that are a gazzilion miles away from the real world.

Love ya Marty.

P.S. Stay on topic people, this can be a thread that could possibely see some "outcome", that is if coding isn't involved.

P.P.S. Hahahahahahaha

#10 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

Wow, the depth people go just to complain about something.

Does anyone truly care where it is? The forums are so quiet it really isn't hard to spot. How about I place it in Paladin Discussion, then we won't complain on forums for a week. Oh.. what? These threads will keep coming anyways? ..aah..so why would I bother then?

One sec it's token bosses, next it's a little error in forum moving. Priorities people, perhaps make a list where we need to spend the time on. This new lvling system is so close, but I'm sensing I should've organized the forum better. Although deleting posts and moving threads isn't something I like to do, just let me know and I can see if I can make some room somewhere else.

p.s Buried? If anything, in game discussion it gets buried quicker then in the forum poll part.

p.p.s It's also not an improvement, or a suggestion, or development, as it does neither of those things. It only checks how other people feel about it, nothing concrete is being offered. Perhaps it's Paladin discussion, but then why not place it there the first time around.

p.p.p.s lol @ mockery of the thread.

p.p.p.p.s perhaps a simple PM with a place to move it would have done more. But tbh, that isn't really the reason this thread was started, and replied on, in the first place, now was it?

Wow look at the time, that's 10 min gone past. Time well spent, time to punch out and hit the sack.

Later geezers.

p.p.p.p.p.s I didn't move it btw, but my curiosity is getting the better of me now. Perhaps I will do it in the near future, just to see who's cage I will rattle.

p.p.p.p.p.p.s Wow the order of this is so wrong

That is the biggest bunch of nuts ive ever read.

edit: No matter what way you look at it, the post being moved was retarded.

p.s The depths people go to defend stupidity. /eyes.

ps.s.s.sss You spent alot longer posting that nonsense than we did in voicing our opinions of how it was foolish to move the thread to off topic.

p.spss..s.s.sss .s Do you really think that whoever moved it was justified?

pssdjfsssss s . Some people dont bother with off-topic threads is why it was "buried" , but i guess since you would much rather the forum not exist(china much), you wouldnt understand that.

Edited by Apocalypto, 19 November 2009 - 08:02 AM.

Apocalypto

#11 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

I never said it was a good move. I also didn't state that the forum was dead. I merely pointed out that by the amount of posts and new threads being made, nothing gets buried anyways.

My message was simply to point out to stop getting your panties in a twist over every simple thing.

And Crane, if it really was such a big deal why didn't you PM, or even memo me or someone else. Even now no one has actually requested to move it to a particular forum. All that is done is complain and even old stuff is being dragged up. If it was me, I would've simply PMed a staff member and requested it to be placed in Paladin Discussion. I know I could do that right away already, but what would the people have learned. That by creating useless threads complaining about actions that were taken you get things done?

And Apocalypto, the entire point was that it takes me some time to read and reply to something I could've done so easily with a simple request, which serves both the player, and me. I wasn't even aware this Paladin thread was in the off-topic section as I always check threads by going to "view new post".

But all in all it comes down to wanting to speak instead of actually accomplishing what the goal should've been in the first place. And I have no trouble contributing to that at all.

p.s. 2 bucks that this will just ignite some more people. Instead of someone actually thinking to himself "perhaps I should just ask the thread to be moved to .... ".

p.p.s there hasn't been an event ever where if people ask me to do something(reasonable) I haven't done it. But there's a big difference between asking something to be done, and creating a thread to complain about present and past.

p.p.p.s also I don't see all the players as a whole, if one steals, I don't treat everyone as a thief. Perhaps stop doing that with me/us as well?

Hope I gave you enough fuel with this or perhaps you're one of those guys who can read between the lines. And should remember that it's you who wants something to get done, so I suggest you focus on how to get that thing done the best. Although I don't mind a useless postfest, when it's not me who wants to get something done.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#12 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

But all in all it comes down to wanting to speak instead of actually accomplishing what the goal should've been in the first place. And I have no trouble contributing to that at all.

It all comes down to someone being incompetent of moderating the forum accordingly and in a reasonable way. Im not looking at the little picture like you. Its not ONLY about this post, to me. Its about someone being over zealous with their moderating job. We as a forum are holding said moderator accountable for their mistake, so perhaps it wont happen again. What i dont understand is how a conclusion was drawn to move the topic to the off-topic section of the forum in the first place. Maybe we should drug test the forum moderators.

Edited by Apocalypto, 19 November 2009 - 09:41 AM.

Apocalypto

#13 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

Decent reply, but if you complain about a group, which I'm part of, you complain about me as well. And it should've already sunk in that not much will change in the big picture. So focus some more on the good things and a little less on the bad things. It's really hard to create something for people who keep slinging dirt around your workspace (and I don't mean just this thread, but the bigger picture of what I see on forums).

Will move it to Paladin Discussion. But just PM or memo me next time. As I have no problem spending time on players requests, but the instant complaining without a chance to set it straight is tiresome.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#14 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

I see what your saying. It is just irksome(lol @ that word) to see things such as these happen. I will keep what you have said in mind.
Apocalypto

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

You have a point, but the truth is, how could we PM you? It was moved to Off-Topic fairly deliberately, but also anonymously, so for all we know, it could have been you who moved it.

EDIT: And until just now, I thought you did not have the power to move topics. Prototype is listed as a "Member", not "Moderator" or "Game Staff", so I doubt it would have been anyone's first choice when it comes to PM'ing.

Edited by Crane, 19 November 2009 - 06:09 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

You have a point, but the truth is, how could we PM you? It was moved to Off-Topic fairly deliberately, but also anonymously, so for all we know, it could have been you who moved it.

EDIT: And until just now, I thought you did not have the power to move topics. Prototype is listed as a "Member", not "Moderator" or "Game Staff", so I doubt it would have been anyone's first choice when it comes to PM'ing.

I don't think his me is exclusive, just generally message game staff or a moderator.
Si Senior!

#17 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Either way, it was moved here intentionally. If we message the person that moved it, they will say "i moved it there, deal with it"... if we message a different moderator and they move it back, then it could cause problems among staff.
Apocalypto

#18 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

It is now in Paladin Discussion.

/closethread

#19 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Closing the thread would bring another thread complaining about this one's closure.
Besides, anyone who isn't a moron won't continue to beat this dead horse.

To follow the trend-
PS- I also didn't move or hear why the post was moved, but in fairness, it doesn't belong on the General Discussion board, and it was probably moved to Off-Topic by mistake or because the original poster misplaced it, as is done with so many topics. And it wasn't started in the wrong location unintentionally. It was put there to draw more attention...which we recognize and ought to discourage as a moderation team.

PSS- Rawr.

PSSS- Apocalypto, how old are you?

PSSSS- Where is Waldo?

PSSSSS- /end
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Admittedly I put it in "Game Discussion" because that board gets the most attention, whereas the Paladin discussion boards are often overlooked unless I advertise a particular topic, and the Nightmist Development boards I've come to see as a bit of an illusion in most cases. Also, the subject in question had gathered some interest over the months. I suppose technically it doesn't belong in "Game Discussion" because it's more of a poll and "do you want this or that?" rather than an actual discussion about something in the game.

"Paladin Class Discussion" is definitely the most appropriate place for it, even if it doesn't get as much attention as "Game Discussion", although "Off-Topic Polls" tend to be even more overlooked, especially by people who are only browsing for game-related subjects. I was a bit puzzled as to why it was moved there and not corrected sooner. I apologise for any uproars and turmoils that these incidents may have caused.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#21 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

Theres gaddy with my nuts dont stink attitude again.

P.S - Why do you think your above everyone else? Believe me, its not just me that sees the bs you project in your posting.

P.S.S - Game Discussion was fine for the topic. Surely something more productive could have been done besides moving the topic. No?

edit: Besides, anyone who isn't a moron won't continue to beat this dead horse.

ummmmmm.... isnt that what you did by posting after clay? /eyes..dont think anyone else would have posted until you had to step in to save the day.. damn the moderators are really mooseing good at that..

Edited by Apocalypto, 21 November 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Apocalypto

#22 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

Look Apocalypto.

point--> .

you missed it--> <get
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#23 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

I think clay made the point. Gaddy picked that mofo up and threw it off a bridge with his bullnuts post.
Apocalypto

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:49 AM

Believe me, its not just me that sees the bs you project in your posting.

Believe me, its not just gaddy that see the bs you project in your posting.

You always want to turn everything into an argument, mostly on the back of falsehoods.

At the end of the day you made a post complaining about moderation when its been stated countless times that if you have a problem with moderation on the forums creating a topic about it is not the route to go. Don't make the topic, don't get the sarcastic replies.
Si Senior!

#25 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:19 AM

PSSSS- Where is Waldo?

I am right here. Wanna cyber?

#26 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

Believe me, its not just me that sees the bs you project in your posting.

Believe me, its not just gaddy that see the bs you project in your posting.

You always want to turn everything into an argument, mostly on the back of falsehoods.

At the end of the day you made a post complaining about moderation when its been stated countless times that if you have a problem with moderation on the forums creating a topic about it is not the route to go. Don't make the topic, don't get the sarcastic replies.

I was not talking about moderation, i was talking about gaddy in general.

edit: i dont care what you think of me, as im not trying to pretend im better than you

Edited by Apocalypto, 21 November 2009 - 01:38 PM.

Apocalypto

#27 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

Ok then as Gaddy said it wasn't him who moved it, why did you feel the need to complain about him on this pointless thread?
Si Senior!

#28 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

/shrug. The same reason he felt the need to complain about the pointless thread after it was already dead.
Apocalypto

#29 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

Gaddy picked that mofo up and threw it off a bridge with his bullnuts post.

Speak for yourself. Gaddy couldn't pick me up and toss me over a bridge if he tried. I believe it was you that was thrown off the bridge.

#30 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

PSSSS- Where is Waldo?

I am right here. Wanna cyber?

HAHAHAHA! WooT!
That actually made me laugh aloud.

Thank you for providing that to my day Walt. It was very good to see, especially after the harsh criticism placed on me...for whatever reason....again.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users