Photo

Tos

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Staff harrassment, does it go both ways?

Do you think Staff should be held accountable for their critisism of other staff or even Mods/Admins via the forums the same way the playerbase is?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:58 AM

I have addressed these things already in the past, but no one wants to listen.

If I say something positive, like if I was building something. Then you all take it as a promise and keep bugging me about it in and off game (trust me, it's all I got when I uncloaked). If I say something negative, that nothing is being done and that staff forums have been dead for months, you forget it a week later and start asking again. What's the point? The admin is basically gone, and the staff aren't into it anymore. Take it or leave it.

Exactly. So if the staff are not going to do anything, they should be less authoritative on the forum, especially when they dont follow the rules they want us to follow.

This will most likely be my last post on here, I'm tired of being stuck in this useless time-consuming spiral on these useless threads that go wrong from the get-go. How many times haven't I been motivated by the start post, just until others post and remind me of why I feel like I would be putting time in this black hole. For people who are so dedicated to wanting NM to still succeed (instead of just moving on), you surely sabotage every bit of hope you got. Tired of being judged as well, when you have no clue about the wasted time I put in this and all that is just sitting on the shelve. But I reckon the other staff feel the same way, hence they've learned these lessons a long time ago. And motivation just slips away, when by creating something you make people happy for a few days, but they come back more hungry than they were before.

Excuses excuses. Perhaps find someone that wants to do the things staff "do" for some entertainment rather than a oh so time consuming and dreadful "job".

I'm going to pull a John. I'll be around, perhaps I'm doing something, perhaps not. But it is very rarely you'll hear from me again on this forum. Have a good time going against each other. There's more pking going on here then there is in game.

:P

Edited by Apocalypto, 06 November 2009 - 01:59 AM.

Apocalypto

#32 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

I have addressed these things already in the past, but no one wants to listen.

If I say something positive, like if I was building something. Then you all take it as a promise and keep bugging me about it in and off game (trust me, it's all I got when I uncloaked). If I say something negative, that nothing is being done and that staff forums have been dead for months, you forget it a week later and start asking again. What's the point? The admin is basically gone, and the staff aren't into it anymore. Take it or leave it.

Exactly. So if the staff are not going to do anything, they should be less authoritative on the forum, especially when they dont follow the rules they want us to follow.

This will most likely be my last post on here, I'm tired of being stuck in this useless time-consuming spiral on these useless threads that go wrong from the get-go. How many times haven't I been motivated by the start post, just until others post and remind me of why I feel like I would be putting time in this black hole. For people who are so dedicated to wanting NM to still succeed (instead of just moving on), you surely sabotage every bit of hope you got. Tired of being judged as well, when you have no clue about the wasted time I put in this and all that is just sitting on the shelve. But I reckon the other staff feel the same way, hence they've learned these lessons a long time ago. And motivation just slips away, when by creating something you make people happy for a few days, but they come back more hungry than they were before.

Excuses excuses. Perhaps find someone that wants to do the things staff "do" for some entertainment rather than a oh so time consuming and dreadful "job".

I'm going to pull a John. I'll be around, perhaps I'm doing something, perhaps not. But it is very rarely you'll hear from me again on this forum. Have a good time going against each other. There's more pking going on here then there is in game.

:P

The staff volunteer thier time for this game. Anything they've done or added to either server was done purely for fun. What you obviously can't understand is, the playerbase has taken the fun out of it for them. With the constant bothering and nit picking when something does get done. They don't get a whole lot of thanks for the time they wasted trying to make your game time on nightmist that much better. What they do get is a bunch of rude little kids bickering at thier doorstep, begging for more, or crying foul.

And no where in mark's statement did I see him "flame" Simon. He stated a fact. A very well known fact. And after giving the players what they so wanted. Which was the reason for doing what he did. You start nit picking at the fact that he said something, that you, the players, inferred as a flame. So, the on going pattern seems to be this. Give players what they want, get ragged for doing it. Don't give players what they want, get ragged for doing it. A vicious cycle if you ask me.

Edited by Pureza, 09 November 2009 - 07:32 AM.

Jaded ingame.

#33 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

I actually dont think it would have become as big of a deal if gaddy didnt step in. Perhaps people would have stated their opinion on the issue(i think mark should have gave them some sort of compensation for instance), but instead he stepped in to save the day by locking the topic.
Apocalypto

#34 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

Why should players be given compensation for Mark correcting an issue created by Simon. And everyone knows where that post was headed. Straight into staff abuse and player flaming. So Gaddy did what was necessary to stop it. Had it been left open I'm sure a few bans would have been handed out.

Edit: I voted yes, staff should have to follow the ToS. But this is a moot point on this topic as staff followed the ToS and didn't not bash another member of staff.

Edited by Pureza, 09 November 2009 - 08:10 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#35 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

You say every player like i mean i want something too. I mean the 4 players in the party. They should have got something considering the fact that he didnt fix it until they almost had it killed. And i dont care if it didnt take them very long, the point is im sure they were excited about being able to kill it, and mark should have took that into consideration when he "killed" their fun. I'm not suggesting something over the top either, just something.

Edit:Whats the difference between staff saying pandilex does whatever yadayada, but we cant say "i think it was bullnuts that mark did this"... i mean, it was necessary or whatever, but i dont see why disagreeing with the way he handled it would be considered bannable as you and gaddy seem to think.

Edited by Apocalypto, 09 November 2009 - 10:54 PM.

Apocalypto

#36 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

Staff flaming other staff members should not be allowed---and it isn't, when it is flaming.
It does happen, and it is dealt with by the staff team and discussed in the Staff Forum, if needed. Pandilex has done this with me in the past---as he and I have often disagreed, and it doesn't always remain highly professional.

Mark made a simple statement in his post, not an insult.
Simon altered the monster without going through the processes required for altering monsters. When the staff team has not agreed on such a change, it is within Mark's job area to fix the changes before the cause imbalance or problems in-game.
That's not an insult to Simon. It is explaining to players why the NPC was not allowed to be killed and why he dealt with the situation, rather than letting it play-out. Mark could have done and written things differently, but no one was going to come out happy from the situation, regardless...

Apocalypto- You had nothing to do with it; so you don't know what you're talking about.
There were various things that caused the situation to be a major issue, and the topic being locked was not a major factor, according to Gareth---who was the main person involved, at least as far as staff seemed to be concerned.
I never called for any punishment to be placed on Gareth. Forum bans were directed at the various posts that Mark deleted and future warning to everyone about the topic. You wouldn't know---cause you are ignorant to nearly everything that went on...again.

I'm glad you'd like to blame me, instead of hassling people you don't constantly try to blame and insult, but you are incorrect...again.

That's pretty much that.
-Gaddy
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#37 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

Apocalypto- You had nothing to do with it; so you don't know what you're talking about.
There were various things that caused the situation to be a major issue, and the topic being locked was not a major factor, according to Gareth---who was the main person involved, at least as far as staff seemed to be concerned.
I never called for any punishment to be placed on Gareth. Forum bans were directed at the various posts that Mark deleted and future warning to everyone about the topic. You wouldn't know---cause you are ignorant to nearly everything that went on...again.

I'm glad you'd like to blame me, instead of hassling people you don't constantly try to blame and insult, but you are incorrect...again.

I meant that this post likely wouldnt have existed had you not stepped in. But if you want to go on a defensive tantrum and think you are superior because your in the know, so be it. I never said you "called for punishment" on anyone. You had nothing to do with 1alt, so you didnt know what you were talking about when you added input? Thats just using your philosophy. And i knew plenty about the situation to base an opinion that mark should have gave them a small token such as a mosh for a topaz key or some bs. If you dont agree with that, then my opinion is you are an ass. :P

Edited by Apocalypto, 10 November 2009 - 01:23 AM.

Apocalypto

#38 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

What input have I had with 1-Alt?
And I know more than plenty about 1-Alt. The server is identical to the Main server, aside from stamina gains and number of crits you can log. The numbers behind balancing monsters, etc, are within my scope of knowledge.
Now things have gotten beyond my knowledge as far as playerbase and levels. But I haven't done anything with the server or commented on it in ages.
Thanks.

Further-
"it was necessary or whatever, but i dont see why disagreeing with the way he handled it would be considered bannable as you and gaddy seem to think."
---So yes, you said I thought Gareth should be banned.

Hoookay?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#39 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

You missed the point and i dont care to point it out for you.

He has posted why he did what he did, which seems justified. I'm locking this to prevent having to ban forum accounts.

Reason for me to think that you didnt want this to be discussed? Reason for me to say what i said? Yes. Yes. Whether that was your opinion on the situation or not, thats what you projected. And i never said a thing about you thinking gareth needing banned. I havent even mentioned gareth except in talking about the party he was in needing compensation.

Whats the difference between staff saying pandilex does whatever yadayada, but we cant say "i think it was bullnuts that mark did this"... i mean, it was necessary or whatever, but i dont see why disagreeing with the way he handled it would be considered bannable as you and gaddy seem to think.

Thats what you projected when you locked the topic. What else would have been posted besides disagreements with the way he handled it? Enlighten my to why you locked the post if thats not it.

Edited by Apocalypto, 10 November 2009 - 01:46 AM.

Apocalypto

#40 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

I'm used to being a scapegoat. I'm just sick and tired of having to constantly defend my actions, or unravel misinformation or a half-truth while trying not to create one myself. Frankly I just don't care any more; what rights do we have anyway?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#41 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

what rights do we have anyway?

We dont. Well i guess only some people do. /sigh.

Example:

Or just make the token bosses nopk squares.

Just lost any credibility your post had with that statement, in my opinion.

My responce =

You lost all credibility of your opinion with that post.

Shortly after my post was deleted, so i objected with this.

Why did my post get deleted? That is beyond ridiculous. I said nearly exactly the same thing clay did. And it is true. His opinion really doesnt have much weight(credibility was the word i used in the original post) considering he hastily objected to the last statement of the post(which held the word OR implying that this would be better than now, but not the ideal solution).. in my opinion clays post should have be deleted before mine.

Clay, you lost all credibility of your opinion with that post. < Was obviously sarcasm that i thought clays post was uncouth. I actually agreed on his opinion shortly after the post on this thread. /eyes. Give me a break.

Lets see if i get banned, since i have plenty of "rights" in posting the first response and the rebuttal of the deletion.
Apocalypto

#42 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

So alot of you think Scripto was just making a statement on why something happened. Please reread it again...

So no.. again.. it was not meant to be killed.. This again was one of Simon's lets play and mess with the game again things without checking with the staff members...

So gg you can blame him.

So you all still think that there was no flaming intended? I see attitude and contempt in that statement made about a co creator of the game. It is very subtle, but it IS there.

Also, this is by far not the first time this has happened, and if you all would like me to find links, I can and will.

For all of you who think otherwise, you are naive and foolish, and that is not an opinion, but a fact.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#43 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

Just as much, if not MORE, than my posts that have recently been deleted.
Apocalypto

#44 Guess

Guess
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

At leastyour post don't get deleted immediately for no reason :P

#45 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:35 AM

/delete
Apocalypto

#46 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

So alot of you think Scripto was just making a statement on why something happened. Please reread it again...

So no.. again.. it was not meant to be killed.. This again was one of Simon's lets play and mess with the game again things without checking with the staff members...

So gg you can blame him.

So you all still think that there was no flaming intended? I see attitude and contempt in that statement made about a co creator of the game. It is very subtle, but it IS there.

Also, this is by far not the first time this has happened, and if you all would like me to find links, I can and will.

For all of you who think otherwise, you are naive and foolish, and that is not an opinion, but a fact.

Obviously there is going to be some attitude and disdain when things are done in a fashion that they are not suppose to be done in, especially when it means Mark catches a ton of flack and hate for it.
However, he doesn't go to the point of saying that Simon is consistently trying to screw with the servers and game for his own amusement. He doesn't accuse Simon of being problematic or not caring if his ideas are entirely intended to cause imbalance.
He makes a statement that the things were not done properly.

I've done the things that Mark didn't do on a few occasions because it has frequently been my opinion. From when Simon made Dancing Boots---and I, as a player (before ever being considered for staff), made a post on the discussion forum that got them removed from the game all the way through to this, I've seen it as a problem that Simon still adjust the game.
Everything that I've seen done since creating Pacifists has been an attempt to comment on how the game is not properly balanced. He drops quest items to show how much gold they draw and says that is a problem. He created Magimoxes to prove that he could move people to the North Gate of Nightmist instead of the South Gate.

So---these are the kind of flaming comments and direct accusations that get staff members and forum moderators in trouble. They are the same that get players in trouble.
Slight implications of not being happy about staff decisions don't get players banned very often; it takes pretty direct or insulting actions. The same leeway is given to staff members, most of the time.

#47 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

Heh. Leeway? "lets just pay 900k for coins instead /eyes" is somehow worse than "This again was one of Simon's lets play and mess with the game again things without checking with the staff members... So gg you can blame him." hmmm...

From my point of view, I see a slight amount of sarcasm in each post... and tbh, i think mark's post incites more argument than mine... obviously... but why should we expect human beings to be capable of such a hard task of moderating the forum without overdoing it..

edit: my point, and the point the topic is starting to make on its own, is that if what mark did was not considered "bad", then why are we nitpicking posts that are far less, for a lack of a better word, controversial.

Edited by Apocalypto, 11 November 2009 - 07:58 AM.

Apocalypto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users