Photo

Player Killers

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: PK'ers (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Old Schoolers Vs New Age Pk'ers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Prefered method of pk'ing

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

I've heard MysticStorm can be quite violent too lmao

How I get up in this? I'm far from mean!

Lmao it was a joke ;)

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 01 May 2006 - 08:12 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#32 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

again, the old pk'ers had the advantage of the stam trick, meaning new age pker's have a little more difficulty added to the lvl cap in pk'ing.

as for tony, just be quick, i use rangers and zerks more than thieves
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#33 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:50 PM

do one on 3v3ers after this please ;)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#34 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:10 PM

Make sure it's out of towners, not gay arena's ty.
Retired

#35 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

How in the world did Scream get mentioned about being a "good" pker bak in the day and i didnt get my horn tooted slightly? Shame on all of you...Dont get me wrong friends with Shannon and all but uh...he didnt do to much pking that i can recall

#36 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:20 AM

as far as im aware noone in dynasty even joins that event, and most likely dont join any events so good job rappy

and epic are you illiterate? did you not read any other ppls posts, i believe its been mentioned a few times that it was just an EXAMPLE of old schoolers, meaning it includes all the big pkers from back then not just the few mentioned

#37 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:38 AM

Yeh i am...thanks for bringing it up turnip ;) ...mmm, how about i was going off of everybody elses posts mentioning whoever i would have mentioned...besides myself ofcourse *toottoot* , you simmer down a lil bit

#38 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:45 AM

Lol I only care to join a mosh every so often, that's it.
Retired

#39 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:41 AM

why was me and rappy's posts removed?

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#40 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Kinda interesting. But I reckon being a "good pker" as it's been put...nowadays is mainly about drive an determination. Like, many people here are fully capable of killing anyone, given the advantage of spells/full stam. It's just that most are too lazy. Like sometimes I hear about broc/karla training down in desert, and I think boy, that would be a nice fun fight that would probably make me look good. But then I think it's all the way down there...

So I guess an obvious question you'd want to ask the "good pkers" is what drives them? Why do they keep doing it?
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#41 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:27 PM

There's alot of differences from old school players and new school. Old school players didnt have huge parties going around, i mysef went on 1 ranger pking parties...then went with my 3 rangers tadpole tragedy and zekhia along with a cleric. Then eventually started using more as everyone started building huge mass parties. Old school players had the stam trick but that only worked with 1 alt...u werent able to switch over to an alt and do another stam trick right away after doing it with the recent one.
New players have alot more options of armor,weapons, etc. There was much more added to the game. A big turning point that differs the old school and new school pkers was the return of berserkers. Most of the old school used rangers or thieves. Alot of pkers these days as i see use alot of berserkers....nothing wrong with that but still.

Personally i dont think pking is that hard to do, but i got my own personal list of ppl i knew were good at pking.

Players that i heard of when i first started were Ste/Stigmata,Al/Wodan,Jen/Kalypso,Old_Fart/john,Kev/Disjunction and some more i cant think of atm
During my time as a pker the players i had good fights with and i thought of as good players were Ste,Al,Epic,Jen,Archie,Kev and some more.

I haven't played the game in a while...not with alts anyways so i can judge who is good now or not, but there are many ways to differ old school from new school....old school all the way!
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#42 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

dont get me wrong, i've been around for both old school and new school pking: i was the pked in old school and im the pker in the new school. so taking what i've learned over the times in pking, it would have been much easier in the old school ways, as you had it nice to only log 3-4 crits and drop whole parties easily. where as now, you need to lag your computer to hell to log on 10-15 crits to pk, and even then you need a good element of surprise as the fools on more alts than you training still feels the need to run when he outnumbers you. not only do the new schoolers you mentioned not use zerks as chris stated, we use thieves and rangers a majority of the time. i know i only use a max of 5 zerks. broc is rangers, cor/bill is rangers and a couple zerks, tony is thieves, gaddy is druids and rangers, i think ste is the only zerk nerd you could be reffering to. the only differences i see that give new schoolers the nod is the new schoolers have to lag way more, and also have to take on larger parties of alt abusers. on top of that most of the game they cant pk because of lvl restrictions and bs like that.

as for chris/epic... im sorry i didnt mention you, you were one of the best i saw. and you helped me alot, i think i follow your methods the closest as i learned the most from you ages ago.
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#43 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

I only kill those who invade my territory ;)

My zerks aren't for pking.. they for killing monsters etc...but I guess if your going to act a fool then i'll local ya :wub: *flex*

#44 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

I must say I'm rather pleased at the responses this poll has gotten. And intrigued and there are a lot of opportunities for some very intresting interviews. If my schedule would ever quit being chaotic. I Would love to sit down with a few of the people on here for interviews as to thier views etc. *claps hands* Very impressed.
.·:*¨¨*:·.ßëttër Ôff Å£öñë.·:*¨¨*:·.
Demonskys on Main, Demonskys/Lilly on 1a

#45 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:27 AM

dont get me wrong, i've been around for both old school and new school pking: i was the pked in old school and im the pker in the new school. so taking what i've learned over the times in pking, it would have been much easier in the old school ways, as you had it nice to only log 3-4 crits and drop whole parties easily. where as now, you need to lag your computer to hell to log on 10-15 crits to pk, and even then you need a good element of surprise as the fools on more alts than you training still feels the need to run when he outnumbers you. not only do the new schoolers you mentioned not use zerks as chris stated, we use thieves and rangers a majority of the time. i know i only use a max of 5 zerks. broc is rangers, cor/bill is rangers and a couple zerks, tony is thieves, gaddy is druids and rangers, i think ste is the only zerk nerd you could be reffering to. the only differences i see that give new schoolers the nod is the new schoolers have to lag way more, and also have to take on larger parties of alt abusers. on top of that most of the game they cant pk because of lvl restrictions and bs like that.

as for chris/epic... im sorry i didnt mention you, you were one of the best i saw. and you helped me alot, i think i follow your methods the closest as i learned the most from you ages ago.

Excuse me, i am a proud zerk nerd, 10 archs in 1 party with no rangers or thieves and counting kthxpai ;)

Edited by combusta, 04 May 2006 - 05:28 AM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#46 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

i never see or hear about your pk's much though sam, i just see you hit bosses and area's... and yes zerks are excellent for doing those
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#47 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

I'm old schooled pk'd, middle school pk'd, but finally I'm a new pker!

Suck my eggs ;)

#48 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

I miss the days of wars under Arilin, under Resthaven, sonm... just mass killing... *sighs* back when under exp didn't mean a thing once you were lvl 30 lol

y'all forgot john with old_fart ... damn that mage hurt >.<

#49 Smash

Smash
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

ahem

no told old, but old enough

DJV >

#50 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

:lol: Vince did you really bump a thread from 2006? jk it was a really fun read after all this time! seeing all these names makes me miss those old days.. I wasn't around for all of the wars but the ones I was around for were extremely fun... really added to the excitement of the game imo.

I was never a top PKer but I had some fun PKing over the years and made sure to annoy some people. Some of my best memories of NM are the sewer fights, Arilin 4 way vines, South of SGH, Granite KTPs to Dessy, Petes when it was in Boars and the random themed duels some of us would have in the challenge arena. I remember me and Kim had on going 3v3s with no pots/mana for a "gold ore" item for months on end everytime we were on. Can't forget the events when there was alot of people online too!

OH! and the fights over the CG or Zeum fights when rolling with the Rob, Jose, Rafa, Vic and them were always good fun too! lol

and the fights between UR and MS even though they were way later on and not on a grand scale kept things pretty interesting too. good times.

Edited by Gnarkill, 03 July 2014 - 10:05 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#51 Smash

Smash
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

yes i did DJ only because i been around since ............forever and pked alot

#52 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:43 AM

Nostalgia.  :wub:

Interviews????

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#53 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

I was wondering how in the world I was listed as a PKer. Then I saw 2006, but even still---I think that was around the time I was a staff member, which limited PKing because people accused staff of cheating if they PK'd.

Decade ago and everything is different, yet the same, lol.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#54 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

You still got this, go on a pk spree, pretend each crit is a miniboss that can drop up to 14 random potions and mana.

"Wake Up!!" 

#55 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

Ha, those interviews were for the NM news paper. Anyone still have those?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#56 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

Quote from Quark (no, not the player, the charcter from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine): "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

And I still have a copy of 3 of the newsletters in my clan vault somewhere.

P.S. Please refrain from bumping a decade-old topic in the future - it makes me feel old!

#57 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'll one-up that -- I still have my Press Pass  ;)

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#58 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Im not even listed. I never hurt a fly :)

Peacemaker both servers.

#59 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

because in 2006 you were still mapping large forest

"Wake Up!!" 

#60 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

Depends on what part of the year. By time i had played a year i knew how to get to captain and some of the other small bosses. Also i didnt have to map it. Tommy(shapeshifter) sent me a zip folder of all the maps ingame known at the time. I was in a clan with him and Ashley(Elucid). One thing i did do was print it all out and put in a folder and follow from there. Thats how i learned the games maps.

Peacemaker both servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users