Photo

Player Killers

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: PK'ers (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Old Schoolers Vs New Age Pk'ers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Prefered method of pk'ing

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

Alright for the newspaper we're collecting some hints, suggestions, how too's and of course who is the best pk'ers of both feilds. We welcome your thoughts, opinions and welcome to leave comments as to why you voted as you did. We will also be holding a series of interviews as to those selected and possibly be putting the interviews into the paper. If you wish an interview feel free to memo Halor or myself (Demonskys)
.·:*¨¨*:·.ßëttër Ôff Å£öñë.·:*¨¨*:·.
Demonskys on Main, Demonskys/Lilly on 1a

#2 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

Fearless/tony pk.. lol.. That lazy son of a gun bearly loads up to go hit the hedge lord.
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#3 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:16 PM

I wouldnt class either gaddy or tony as active pkers. dev should be on that list tho tbh.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

I hardly ever see much PKing going on, maybe I'm just good at avoiding people..
Back in the day though, PKing, and being PKed was actually good fun. From what I hear these days, it's more a game of suprising the person, and killing them before they know what's going on.

Someone who's actually any good at PKing should be able to just run about on their selected team, and stumble upon someone, and still win.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

I'm not saying Dev/Jamie/Gary aren't good old schoolers.. I just listed a Few Examples of Old Schoolers and New Schoolers. I forgot my favorite old Schoolers namely Ryan/Joel aka Firewater/Kazul

#6 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

We already have a few people in mind to interview, but we are using this post to get feedback from players. Who are the most active pker's now? Who were they then?
Sublime - 1a.

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Most active i have seen would be dev/cor/ste

from my perspective no one else has tried to pk me in a long time

apart from sergi i suppose, dont really class that as pking tho lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#8 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

lmao lew, more like suicide...

To be honest, I liked the way that the old schoolers pked, was better when you were attacked by fighters / mages actually in parties, not just attacked by 18 blades of time on zerkers all spelled - but you can't really complain because the new schoolers just have a lot more money / crits / clickers to use than the old schoolers.. lol

Dev is easily one of the worst Pkers atm, as is Ste and Cor..

I've heard MysticStorm can be quite violent too ;) lmao
Disaster ingame.

#9 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:10 AM

wheres the alt+esc method ? i picked clicking randomly cuz thats closest to it

and gaddy doesnt pk, i was able to tell his exp for one of the few times i trained he tried pking me, and i only lost 3 and he lost 8 and ran on 1
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#10 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:47 AM

I always think of Trauma/shannon as an old skool Pker as well
He was pretty darn good at it
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:00 AM

Gaddy taught me not to run away heh.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:43 AM

the best pkers are the ones who used about 5 rangers and 1 cleric to pk

end of story

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 01 May 2006 - 01:43 AM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#13 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:49 AM

cor plz
Primex ingame

#14 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

hit and runners dont count

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#15 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:41 AM

dont turn this into another flaming contest, we only started this thread for feedback on who/what the public might want to read about in the press.
Sublime - 1a.

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:26 AM

im sure NM would want 2 hear about my owning of Karla, i mean hey, i got 2 toot my own horn, and she got owned, talk about killing 2 birds w/ one stone ;)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#17 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

this isn't the war section, remember they took that out because you like to "toot your own horn" a little too much, please stay on topic....

this post isn't meant for you to come on and say "OMGOSH I PWNED J00 CUZ U R 2 SLOW NUB OMG!?!"... it's asking you what nightmist actually WANTS to read about in the press, i don't care if you take it seriously or not, but me and the rest of the writers do.

but, i can see this isn't really working out, if anyone has any suggestions, please leave a memo to Demonskys, or myself on Halor.

Edited by Sublime, 01 May 2006 - 11:33 AM.

Sublime - 1a.

#18 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:04 PM

lol, you forgot me and a few others... :wub:

Dunno if id class anyone on that list as old school pkers cept fist and will - As a few examples of old school pkers :- Disjunction, Cupcake, Pippin, al, Scream!

Meh most of you are too new to remember how I used to pk anyway, but lets just say I invented using alts to pk and could take out a whole clan with just 1 character ;)

Edited by Stigmata, 01 May 2006 - 12:10 PM.

Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#19 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

Lmao I remember, and yes i'd class Scream as one of those big PKers, even if he did turn into a turnip ;)
Disaster ingame.

#20 Guava

Guava
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

is everyone obsessed with pking in parties?? i dont realy find it very fun.
i didnt do the pole thingy cos i only pk on guava realy.
Single alt pking is the best. esspecialy wen people cry ;)

donno if this is the sort of feedback you wanted.. but ther ya go lol

#21 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:48 PM

I've heard MysticStorm can be quite violent too lmao

How I get up in this? I'm far from mean!

Combusta.. everyone heard about the stupid 2 duels. Too bad it heard from someone else and not your own so someone else did your "tooting of your horn".

Best active pk'er in game as of right now would be Ganja. He doesn't have to trash talk, he doesn't use macros, nor does he has to hide under 20 thieves. He just simply kills and moves on. I would know, me and him were great enemies at one time and now he's my hero teaching me to pk. ;) :wub: :wub:

#22 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:31 PM

Combusta.. everyone heard about the stupid 2 duels. Too bad it heard from someone else and not your own so someone else did your "tooting of your horn".

Best active pk'er in game as of right now would be Ganja. He doesn't have to trash talk, he doesn't use macros, nor does he has to hide under 20 thieves. He just simply kills and moves on. I would know, me and him were great enemies at one time and now he's my hero teaching me to pk. ;) :wub: :wub:

Your Pathetic lol...

Voted Old Skoolers, and Random Clicking. But i gotta agree with martin pking with one crit is more fun than big partys.

Edited by Dark, 01 May 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#23 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

hmm id class the new age pkers with cor/bill, broc, me/gaz, dev/jamie/gary, ste, and tony, even though tony doest pk on anything but thieves

on a side note, i'd say the most active that go out just to pk would be me, cor, and broc, we dont train, or dont train much, i simply just go pking and let other people train in the acct

and i voted the new age as there are far more new ways to pk now, as there were then, and there wasnt a lvl cap on pk's then making pking much easier.
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#24 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

Pking has decreased significantly since I played, mainly due to the massive world map we have now - where as before, jahanna was as far out as you could go. 1 square down from the arilin sewers entrance was the prime pking spot for ages and ages.

I suppose it was easier to pk back way then, but some of you will probably remember more recently (like 3 years lol) myself and al using mass alt parties for the first time - we were so good we got accused of abusing our staff powers by everyone we pked - even to the extent of where everyone wrote in a petition to pandilex swearing blind we were abusing our powers. Just ask JLH tho....;)
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#25 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

Last time I checked Brock was macro king. ;p

Also, if your asking about what people want a to read a war section would be quite nice, perhaps at the back like were the sports section goes :wub:
Si Senior!

#26 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

fat rich
Primex ingame

#27 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

apparantly he's lost all that weight now!
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#28 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

i voted old schoolers because we didnt have to use 20 alts to pk, their was a bug back then that the game called a "stam trick" and you can pk parties of 6 with 1 alt, if you were good at it and the guy with 6 alts couldnt do the stam trick to well, many occassions though id pk with 1 ranger.

and ste the old schoolers that are listed were just an example of old schoolers

also the old schoolers time was lots more fun, when a war broke out it wasnt 2 users vs 2 users with 80 alts in the fight, it would be about 15 dif users on each side with 1 alt each, making in fun, not who has more alts and a better connection.

#29 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

I only pk with thieves because any time I try to use anything else as soon as I come on the square the people run.. at least with thieves you got a chance to kill one or two before they run..
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#30 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Well we're definately getting a good response and have several responses on here that I see a lot of potential to. If this is a good subject as I might have mentioned Jp and I might turn this into a series of articles. I'm going to be contacting a few people for interviews. I figure Jp will be doing the same. Please keep the flaming out of here. And anyone wishing to leave comments or feel they should be interviewed for this discussion feel free to leave a comment here or memo Halor and Demonskys on game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users