Photo

This Just Happened To Me... I'm A New Player.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zenriko

Zenriko
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

rage.png

I am new to NightMist I downloaded the game only a few hours ago.. I was researching the importance of Dex while this happened.
Can I get this 'reinstated' or what? Otherwise I will probably just pass and forget about this game /salt

#2 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

Welcome to NightMist!

Good on you for researching and trying to get started on the right foot.  Ah-- the notorious, unrelenting character roller...

I understand your frustration with the dropped connection, but, dexterity is one of the most important attributes.  5 perfect attributes accompanied by very low dex is not good.  Keep on rollin' and don't shy away from 4 perfect attributes to get your feet wet.

Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#3 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

I'm very sorry that the connection failed like that - unfortunately I don't have the power to reinstate such stats nor is it really allowed.  Granted, as PureMourning stated, Dexterity is one of the most important attributes because it not only dictates your hit rate but also how often monsters hit you in return, and something as low as 8, even for a Cleric, is absolutely dreadful to play with.

Perfect stats aren't the be all and end all, although you want to try to get perfect Dexterity and Constitution at the very least.

#4 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

To give an approximation on the importance of particular stats (in my personal opinion - this is easily open to interpretation):

Strength: 3/5 for Clerics; 1/5 for Mages; 0/5 for Pacifists; 5/5 for all other classes.

Intelligence: 2/5 for Fighters; 5/5 for Mages; 0/5 for all other classes.

Dexterity: 4/5 for Clerics and Mages; 3/5 for Pacifists; 5/5 for all other classes.

Constitution: 4/5 for Pacifists; 5/5 for all other classes.

Wisdom: 5/5 for Clerics and Mages; 4/5 for Druids, Paladins and Pacifists; 2/5 for all other classes.

Charisma: 5/5 for Pacifists; 4/5 for Clerics; 3/5 for Paladins and Rangers; 2/5 for all other classes.

There are some minor differences between the two servers, like you might want perfect Charisma for a Cleric on 1-alt due to the availability of Depurate Undead later on (it's a Pacifist spell on multi-alt).  And on multi-alt, Fighters don't (yet) have Critical Strike, which partly depends on Intelligence.

#5 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hate to say it but you got about a week - months worth of rolling left haha.

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#6 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

This is the truth then you have years of playing alone and trying to collect items to level past 30 on 1alt or playing alone on main with one of your 20 thief parties you make to solo different bosses. Either way you go it's a long Ole grind and it tires your mind. With a lack of elite items or ability for a average player to obtain them it's gonna be slow... well goodluck. :P

#7 Zenriko

Zenriko
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for your responses I at least feel somewhat better knowing that it wouldn't of been good to carry on with that low dex.. oh well, back to the clicking simulator,

#8 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Wallpaper rock!

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#9 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

What class are you wanting to play to start? and which server? I might have a level 1 4 stat sitting around that would be good enough for you to start with and get a feel for the game.

I personally enjoy multi-alt more because I can do most things on there with my party solo if other people are not online.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#10 Ste

Ste
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

/to Zenriko, when your on if you get in touch with me on Curse, I will provide you with some 4 stat clerics if you want to get started.

This is the truth then you have years of playing alone and trying to collect items to level past 30 on 1alt or playing alone on main with one of your 20 thief parties you make to solo different bosses. Either way you go it's a long Ole grind and it tires your mind. With a lack of elite items or ability for a average player to obtain them it's gonna be slow... well goodluck. :P

Nice way to introduce a new player into the game... people moaning about playerbase etc then when new arrivals come they scare them away with unrelated statements. Oh, and your wrong.. Mains more active than 1alt at the moment and we don't run around on 20 alt thief parties :)

#11 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

No reason to sugar coat anything. Truth is the truth. :-p

#12 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

If you're ever on multi-alt, feel free to page me on Veles. I play a Pacifist mainly, but have some lower characters as well that I run around on occasionally. One thing to keep in mind on that server is that '/toggle who' exists, meaning that players are sometimes on even though it shows that you're all alone, so sometimes you might just have to try paging someone anyway to see if they're on, or add them as a friend.

I play 1-alt every once in a while, but not as much as multi.

Good luck! It looks like plenty of people are willing to help you out, which is great to see.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#13 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

Lots of us older players that have been around have alot of small decent statted characters that could probably get you started. Dont be expecting a five or six stat though. /server is how to see how many people are online as well, even if it doesn't say who.
Peacemaker both servers.

#14 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

What class are you wanting to play to start? and which server? I might have a level 1 4 stat sitting around that would be good enough for you to start with and get a feel for the game.

I personally enjoy multi-alt more because I can do most things on there with my party solo if other people are not online.

im assuming he is targeting multi server as pacifist is not grayed out on the screenshot.  

"Wake Up!!" 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users