16 replies to this topic

#1 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

Worn as a weapon,

Library info for Walking stick:
Base damage: 0, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, pacifists Description: Im no good with descrips you come up with 1... , Level needed to equip it: 1, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

as it's not an actual weapon (although can be used so by other classes) i thought it could fill the gap on pacifists other equipment box and wouldn't go against the pacifist rules.

it would be fairly pricey as it's a dex mod and pacifists wouldn't be able to attack with it (of course) i was thinking of about 60-100k for the price.

please don't be too harsh if you don't like...

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:41 PM

Dex mod for 100k? But then it is used in the weapon slot..

Interesting idea.. There'd have to be something to prevent other classes using it to attack with. Would be used on some Clerics, Mages, lower Druids and yes, Pacifists. Also thieves, to steal gold better..

I actually kind of like this.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:15 PM

I suggested a 'weapon' for Pacifists as the original drop for the Pacifist-only area (instead of the Shaman's Mask) - it was shot down because it appeared that people only saw "Pacifist + Weapon = NO!"

Still, it could be interesting... players sacrifice a weapon for a Dexterity-boosting stick!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

How about we just have Pacifists carry around a walking stick that does absolutely nothing.

Yes, I'm being serious.
Posted Image

#5 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

How about we just have Pacifists carry around a walking stick that does absolutely nothing.

Yes, I'm being serious.

I actually agree.

Why does everything have to be a mod?

Giving pacifists and extra 'mod' slot should not be the aim of such an idea. And you know what? I think that is the aim of this idea.

Why can't the walking stick simply be a stick?
Why does it have to do or be something else?

...And to be annoying I shall also argue against the idea of a walking stick BEING a mod (and in particular being a dexterity mod)

I ask one of you without some sort of leg injury, arthritis of the joints... basically someone who doesn't already have need of a walking stick... to go and get a walking stick.
Now go walking down the street, using it as it is intended
I don't care if its the middle of the night, I don't care if you look like an idiot... just do it. Or if you are really against that imagine yourself doing it

Does it make your journey any faster?

I doubt it. It might even make your journey slower.

Such sticks are used to help people with poor movement, joint problems and whatnot, those suffering weakness due to old age (et al) move. They arent designed to help those who don't need such a supporting stick.

The idea of a walking stick speeding up the movement of the average joe (or jane as the case may be) is ludicrous... if anything it would be an impediment.
Perhaps not as much of an impediment as a six foot steel sword but still... you get my point... if used as intended it wouldn't make a healthy person move any quicker.

And yes, I gave this too much thought
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

It could be used to vault out of the way quicker, but the stick will likely snap under the force - besides, a long, rigid staff would do a better job there.

Come to think of it, I like a walking stick that does absolutely nothing for its user except to chase off young rascals!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:55 AM

I'd like to see Pacifists sit on their lawn, waving their walking stick at kids that walk by for no apparent reason.
Posted Image

#8 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:56 PM

I only really came up with this idea because i don't like having gaps in my equip (except in the bracelets where i can't help it because i'm not that rich ^_^). I wouldn't be against the idea of it not being a mod, i just thought i like my mods lol.

#9 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

I have did you idea Charon, and it made my journey ALOT easier. I walked for the whole day, and in the middle of the day, the effects of the stick really came in use. It mostly supported my tired legs from the long walk, but it also gave me a boost of speed when I wasn't using it as a support.

So yes, it did make my journey faster.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:54 AM

I find a cane really hampers the way I walk. I mean, unless you hobble, it's really uncomfortable to use it properly (and if you hobble, walking is uncomfortable to start). For example, when you use a cane properly, you have to shift your weight mostly on to the cane and what should be your "good" leg. Since I don't have a "good" leg, one just gets tired before the other and it feels awkward.

Unless I was climbing up something steep where I'd need the stick to help pull myself up, it really kind of sucks.
Posted Image

#11 evilcartoon

evilcartoon
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

^_^ lol well some of u know me and i have been a car wreck and yes the cane makes it easier to walk and faster too and if someone pisses me off i can pull his leg from under him but it would be nice to have something in the weapon slot cuz i also hate empty slot also it would be good to give a mage a weapon that they dont actully use instead of putting something like a torch or another weapon to make it look "kool" its just my ideas and i dont care if u like them or not

#12 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

just to clear this up for ppl there is a weapon paci's can wear but there is only 1 in game i believe

Library info for Rubber Wand:
Base damage: 0, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, pacifists, Description: Rumoured to be moulded from the legendary Staff of Pandilex, this rubber counterpart is sadly non-magical. These were given to neophyte mages for casting practice, after real wands caused many a tutor to lose their eyebrows., Level needed to equip it: 1, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech:

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#13 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

why have a pacifist using a walking stick? are they all retarded and can't walk properly....? give it a better name prz... ^_^

#14 Notak

Notak
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:12 PM

where can it be bought?

Europa is a Male Elf Grandmaster Protector. He looks normal, wise, fast, and very sexy. In one hand he holds a Walking Stick the other a Shield of Harmony. He is wearing an Azure Robes, and a Shaman's Mask protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Grace. He has a Bracelet of Hope and a Spyglass around his wrists. He is wearing a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, and White Crane Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Boots of Time and he is in a healthy condition.

#15 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

where can it be bought?

Europa is a Male Elf Grandmaster Protector. He looks normal, wise, fast, and very sexy. In one hand he holds a Walking Stick the other a Shield of Harmony. He is wearing an Azure Robes, and a Shaman's Mask protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Grace. He has a Bracelet of Hope and a Spyglass around his wrists. He is wearing a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, a Ring of Astray, and White Crane Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Boots of Time and he is in a healthy condition.

Tirantek
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

doesnt add dex tho

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#17 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:22 AM

doesnt add dex tho

read all post, it was suggestion before item was created.. Walking Stick is now in game as a useless wepon
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users