/cast Paci Chat/atrium

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:06 AM

I think that there should be a spell that paci's can cast that allows communication via their deity to all paci's currently online,

It would cost large amounts of mana and full stams to initiate, but would be a logical and useful tool that would allow requests for help in tackling harder areas, similar to a system message but tuned to paci's only. ;)

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

A Pacifist chat system that uses mana. I actually like it.

For me, it should be an ability you're able to turn on and off, providing you have stamina. Then, while active, it'd drain x mana every 30 seconds or so.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

And what happens when someone discovers that they can annoy every pacifist in game by sitting in the park in Resthaven, drinking from the fountain, and flooding their screens with nonsense?
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#4 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

Why with the negativity?
Aequitas In-Game

#5 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:55 AM

/t trevayne

/toggle paci chat would fix that in a hurry, besides why would some-one want to waste game time sitting on a paci in the park in resthaven ?

10 mana per 30seconds? for the duration that it's cast, sounds reasonable or not enough ?

;)

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

And what happens when someone discovers that they can annoy every pacifist in game by sitting in the park in Resthaven, drinking from the fountain, and flooding their screens with nonsense?

Trevayne, this has the same logic as friend/enemy chat, even clan chat, why were they put in?

If you don't like it, /ignore, /ignorepc, re-cast spell (which I would expect to turn it off).

Supported.

#7 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

That'd be classed as anti-social, which if I re-call, is a banable offence. Easy enough for a staff member to monitor the chat if someone complains.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

There is a huge difference between this suggestion and friend/enemy/clan chat. I purposefully put people into my clan/friend list/enemy list, which gives them the ability to chat with me and interrupt me when I'm playing. The spell as originally described would allow you to chat with all pacifists in game without them giving their consent. I'm absolutely opposed to that.

You could argue that only pacifists that cast this spell can then use the communication channel... that is, that everyone who wants to talk or listen needs to have cast the spell. If this is the case, then why would anyone actually do this? Why not just use friend/enemy chat? Why pay mana for something you can get for free?

Why would someone waste time sitting in RH at the fountain? Why would someone waste time sitting at SGH? Is there really any difference?
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#9 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:46 AM

Well, here is how I see it. And I have to say, I kind of am going with Trevayne.

You know how annoying people can get in general chat, and then you /ignorepc and it was their brother or something.

^Not a good reason, but oh well^

Isn't the 'Pacifist' supposed to be a solo-class? Anti-social and an outcast class? If so, why would they communicate with other paci's, when they'd probably want to be way better.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#10 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:03 AM

Isn't the 'Pacifist' supposed to be a solo-class? Anti-social and an outcast class? If so, why would they communicate with other paci's, when they'd probably want to be way better.

If there anti social why do they have the ability to help people?

#11 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:56 AM

Also, if they are anti social why don't we just remove the ability to chat at all ingame, as Tyler your saying they are a solo-class, why should they be able to do anything with other players at all? ;)

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 12 May 2006 - 06:56 AM.

Disaster ingame.

#12 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:08 AM

They can help others because it is simply the individual. The pacifist class as a whole is a solo-class. (hence the 1-alt, no parties, no clans)

If you want to add it, do so.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#13 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:11 AM

What you just said makes no sense, you said in your last post that they were an 'outcast class', but here you say they can help people? Pacifists are a solo-class, but do they not have a right to talk to their fellow pacifists?
Disaster ingame.

#14 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:25 PM

Supported < All I am saying ;)
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#15 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

Pacifists are not a true solo class. Pacifists gather and fight together if they oppose something badly. To say they are a true solo-class, is sadly mistaken. Sure in this game, they can't join parties and they can't form parties with other pacifists, but that doesn't mean that they still don't work with other pacifists for the common goal. Pacifists are who they are.. a religion in which they worship a certain diety, being, thing. Otherwise, pacifists would not be listed as a "class". So you can't just stop all communication between one pacifist to another. They are also not out-casts. They choose to seperate themselves from the rest of the world for their own interest and to keep their faith and practice from being corrupted from the outside world.

However, I do not support this idea of pacifists being able to have their own chat and use mana to do it. It's as trevayne said.. Why pay for something that you can get another way for free? It's just a waste of code.

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

I support the general idea, but Trevayne is completely right about the problems it may cause.
You people who tried to say he was wrong or that it would be easy to fix simply do not realize how many players in game go out of their way to be jackasses, and out of them, many really dislike the paci class.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#17 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

Hmm, yeah when I think about it I can name quite a few people who would happily get banned just to cause some pacifists some annoyances ;)
Disaster ingame.

#18 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

so have you ever thought of making this so called idea/ability available at say lvl 30?
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#19 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:33 AM

That won't stop the problem - level 30 pacifists are available for under 50k if you find the right seller; it would maybe reduce it but 50k is nothing really.
Disaster ingame.

#20 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

There is a huge difference between this suggestion and friend/enemy/clan chat. I purposefully put people into my clan/friend list/enemy list, which gives them the ability to chat with me and interrupt me when I'm playing. The spell as originally described would allow you to chat with all pacifists in game without them giving their consent. I'm absolutely opposed to that.

The main problem I have using my paci is that I don't know if there are any other paci's on at the same time, that might want to join me in the exploration of an area.

Friend/Enemy chat is usefull on my main crits, but doesnt help much on the paci.

If you didnt want to receive a message from any other paci, you'ld just set /toggle paci chat to off.

I dont like the idea of spamming the ./p (user name), to find find out which of the "There are 169 characters online, (52 users)." are paci's, and might want to come exploring.

This spell would make it easier for paci's to communicate with each other, regardless of whether their main crits are in enemy clans, and therefore, wouldn't normally communicate.

The mana cost would prevent ppl from using the spell to annoy ppl, as mana is the currency needed on a paci when exploring, and if it was abused then the staff could and probably would temp ban the offender....

How about a variation of the same idea

Maybe modify the spell so that it show's what paci's are on-line at that time, then the user can /p (user name) to communicate with them.

Now this variation isn't what I had in mind, but it would be better than nothing.....

;)

#21 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

Just a thought - maybe make this only available to protectors?

If this isn't possible then I like the 'Maybe modify the spell so that it show's what paci's are on-line at that time, then the user can /p (user name) to communicate with them.' idea ;)
Disaster ingame.

#22 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:23 AM

Would that mean that only Protectors could use and receive the communication using the spell? or would they be able to communicate with all paci's ?

#23 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

Would that mean that only Protectors could use and receive the communication using the spell? or would they be able to communicate with all paci's ?

I think that only Protectors should be able to use the spell, but they should be able to communicate with all paci's, not just other protectors.

I think that this would encourage people to train their paci's to protector so that they can use the spell.
-

#24 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

I think that only Protectors should be able to use the spell, but they should be able to communicate with all paci's, not just other protectors.

I think that this would encourage people to train their paci's to protector so that they can use the spell.

Think about it, if only the protectors can use it, but they can talk to normal pacifists in it, how do the rest of the pacifists see it?

I don't think it would motivate people any more to get to protector either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users