Pacifist Class Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalados

Kalados
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:19 PM

Seeing as how the board is getting a little stale, I think we should just take a second and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the paci, put your feelings on the subject or any questions, comments or suggestions, and I'll try to help answer them.

Ever since joining the army, haven't had much time to play mainstream so I really only use my pacifist, finding it quite enjoyable. Wondering if anyone else also uses a pacifist for their main?

Another thing I think would be good for pacifists, would be an addition to our temple, with a room including an NPC (Grand Pacifist etc...)that heals just like in the cleric/pally temple, then a room above that where you could pay 1k to set your local instead of marching to and from destination. Then maybe a mana shop,(overcharging of course)Just for convenience. Just an idea, :ph34r:

So fire away! :(

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:09 PM

The nature of the Pacifist caste make it inappropriate for there to be a major temple - the look around description inside the Temple of Pacifism explains it quite well...

"The temple is very small and contains little more than a place to donate money. The ways of the pacifists are to talk with their Deity through their actions rather than by praying in temples or churches, and this is reflected by its size and furnishings."

I believe Pacifists are equal to each other, none are higher or lower than each other; while Protectors are highly experienced Pacifists, their position given out of respect more than anything else, they are still equal ranking to the less experienced Pacifists.

An NPC in the temple is an interesting one, since I can imagine a Pacifist resting in there perhaps, but will only turn the Temple of Pacifism into another church for arena fighters to heal in, unless the temple is class-restricted.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Yellowcard

Yellowcard
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Supported only because of the fact Crane just wants everyone to join the "Crane Temple" and doesnt wish for there to be any competition, lol jk. I dunno, sounds kinda like a place for rich pacis to burn money at for mana, i mean if the mana had cool names, than i can kinda imagine this place being added only cause i watch how famous people burn so much money on crap which is useless to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users