Hello All

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xahn

Xahn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:25 PM

hi all i am xahn ive just happened upon this game and see that there are some vets from where once i was quite the avid gamer, ok i no longer play rok very often, so what im needing to know is what are the classes in this game, races, good items to aquire for a new player, are there dark elves in this game? if so what are good stats to go for, and what is the best class for me to start as? any help is much appreciated...

thanks

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:47 PM

Use the search function.

Surely an 'avid gamer' would know that?!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Xahn

Xahn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:51 PM

lol, would but not working to well for me, im on a linux machine atm :)

#4 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

Nope no dark elves, unless you make an elf and decide to be evil with it. As for items and stuff for a new gamer. Theres lots of links to player made help sites with lists of items/weapons/armor and what-not on the main NM site. And as for stats on a character, well when your rolling a character there are two options you have to see the best stats possible.
  • Watch for the red numbers while rolling
  • Next to the Cancel button under the character pics on the roller window is a max stats button (which I still say is a waste of space on the roller window, seeing as the max stats are shown in red while rolling)
Oh and you can also find race max stats on some of those player helps sites too.

Edited by Shane, 20 April 2004 - 05:06 PM.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#5 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:24 PM

Greetings. There are many classes within this game as well as many races. As far as max stats.. once you download the game and start to roll a crit, you can click on "high stats" and it will give you the maximum stats for each race. I suggest starting with an elf Pacifist, and try to get maximum stats in dexterity, constitution, wisdom as well as a high charisma. This will allow you to explore the land safely, as well as heal yourself. Once within the game there is a tutorial north of the Boars Tusk Inn, which is where you will be when you log onto the game. If you need any assistance once you log on you can page or memo me by typing /p Amy message or /memo Amy message. I will be glad to help you out.

There is alot more information but in my opinion, this is a good place to start.

Good Day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:19 PM

Once you reach level 10, try joining a clan. You don't need to join the 'top' clan, just join a clan that appeals to you. Chances are, they'll help you when you need it. When in a clan, you can use the commands:

/clan chat [msg] OR #[msg]

...to talk through clan chat.
Posted Image

#7 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

• Next to the Cancel button under the character pics on the roller window is a max stats button (which I still say is a waste of space on the roller window, seeing as the max stats are shown in red while rolling)

As entertaining as it is, rolling over and over and over for each and every single races maximum figure on each specific statistic, may not appeal to all. If I were new, however bizarre, would find it much easier to simply click a button to clarify what I was wanting to roll right off the bat. That is the reason for the button.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users