Need Help Training?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

First of all, I would like to apologise to Gaddy for basically hijacking his idea, I wasn't sure if he did it anymore so thought i'd make a post of my own..

Basically - I am doing the exact same as Gaddy did in this post:

http://www.nightmist.../...ic=18907=

what he said went along the lines of..

I told JLH what I wanted to do as staff, since I am not able to be online for most events, and I mostly assist with areas and ideas, rather than creating new quests.

This isn't all I am doing with my staff character, but I'd like to see more players open to working with one another, and I think it will be a good way to meet people-
I would like to help entertain players who are "bored because there is nothing to do." It's often fairly true, and it gets really old. Obviously, I cannot fix that for everyone, but at least for the time I have online, I'd like to make it an option for players to contact me asking for a trip to be organized or if I have time a simple trip with the person.

I have several accounts, and can go to most areas.
I will not always want to go, sorry.
I am not willing to go to any of the areas released within the past month-2 months (ie, pally area, cloud city, etc).
This does not mean to page me for a mosh.
You will end up judged on a personal level; if you can't heal yourself and die on all of your crits or go the wrong way or lead us into a trap, that is just something that happens sometimes. However, if you start bickering or do annoying things, I will probably not be involved with you anymore.
This isn't only for other people to be entertained, me too.

So here is the jist of it-
If you see me online and uncloaked on Stadius- You can page me if you would like to make a trip to an area. I won't be able to do anything for hours on end.
However, I can go to almost any area you would like to trip through. Mostly I don't have a level 15 set.
I've collected level 1 characters and lower level and expert characters if people would like to go train, and I have a few pacifists, so I can do that also.
Another important thing is that being able to contact everyone in game makes it easier and more open to invite people for a 1-alt trip or to keep character numbers low, for players who would like to go to an area like Chronos but do not run more than 1-3 crits.

NOTE- Contacting my mortal characters (ie- Gaddy) is not a problem, but please do not be upset if I say I am busy or simply don't want to do anything.

I am kind of tired right now, and I've always been known to be wordy and long winded, sorry for the lack of organization and excessive explanation, etc. Page me in game if you are confused.

That is basically what i'm doing now, except i'm not staff.

If you're bored and you wouldn't call yourself an enemy of mine, page me ingame and i'll be happy to entertain you / take you training / to a boss or whatever.

Like Gaddy said, do not be offended if i'm busy or decline your offer of training.

NOTE: If Gaddy doesn't want me to do this as it was his idea which he thought up then i won't do this, but I experimented with different people today, going from places ranging to Chronos and Plains of Faravar to the Bandit Leader - and it was succesful. Experiance was gained and friendships were made, but I will admit I stole his idea and if he doesn't want me doing it I won't be offended in any shape or form. :)

Edit: Planes > Plains.

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 30 April 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#2 Swordflower

Swordflower
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

My friend Disaster (Kieran) brought me training today and he brought me to the BL then brought me to the hedges to kill some hedge demons, then he gave me all the gold, 19k! and the dungeon key! I had a great time with him he was really nice, he offered me mana, free healing, and so forth.

Yea yea yea, your gonna say who cares right? well I think people should know that nice people do exist in nightmist and that if you want help or what not Disaster is one of the greatest to go to

~James/JJ/Sword
Swordflower (currently on magicflower)
~Ares in game~

~Teh Jj~

#3 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

It was a pleasure :)

Training on main server at the moment, may do 1a later.

On Disaster.
Disaster ingame.

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

ker train me in lrg forest in 1a plz...i cant seem to keep the pkers off me and ur rep. may help.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5237 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:18 AM

No offense taken whatsoever.
It'd be great if people started finding new people to take on trips, etc.

As a note, it is actually kind of difficult to get people to decide on doing something. I always have a person or two respond that they will "go"...they won't decide where.
That may not be an issue for you, but as sysops, I don't think it is really fair to pick a place to go, since I can know what is in and if someone is in that area...just might arouse suspicion that I wouldn't care to deal with.

PS- When/if you organize an open joining trip, yell to see if staff will notify everyone that you are creating a group.
At least I would be willing to do so, but I think other sysops would, too.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:27 AM

Page/Memo Ryuku if you wanna train aswell, happy to help out anyone, possibly turn a few enemies into personal friends.

#7 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

rofl, totally hijacked my thread there Alex ;q

only kidding, we'll make a business, and become billionaires <3
Disaster ingame.

#8 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

took a party out yesterday to DG and to Zanitos.. was good.
Disaster ingame.

#9 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

I am available for anyone wishing to go to any high level areas - dungeons, cronos, imhotep etc :)
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#10 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

If i'm on and i'm in a good mood... i say we go hit up EVERYTHING.

so thats.. cg, to hl, to gsw, to dungeons, to museum, to the rose gardens, to aethol, to sk, to imhotep, to LAG MONSTER. (my drop)

#11 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Kieran :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#12 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

<3 rachh.

took gary to chronos too while i was replacing my checker lol, we took down mage but didnt drop key, and knight wasnt in.. so yeah.
Disaster ingame.

#13 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

Gaddy took us to GC the other night. Was fun.

If some of us noobs (note I used us, not you) want to go somewhere/learn something, there are players out there that will take you places/teach you things. You need only ask.

#14 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

i'm always willing to take people places, just gotta catch me when my ambition is there lol
Page me on Heritage

#15 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

aye, i agree with paul.

all i'm constantly hearing is "the playerbase is terrible, all you get is n00b comment after each other, thats why this game is bad"

look up, theres atleast 5 people who have / are willing to take newer people among us places, you only have to look and ask.
Disaster ingame.

#16 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

I have seen other games that have a non-staff position called"mentor" or something close. Basically the staff of the game pick people whom they find responsible, knowledgeable, helpful, and make them a "Mentor." Then when that person chose they could mkae their name able to appear to all characters playing at that time by doing a certain command, that way a player looking for help could just input the command and see if any mentors were online that could help them. I think something of that sort would help not only the new players who need help with in-game content, but also fostering more team-work for those who would like to play a mporg with other people.

#17 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

Wow, hey Aidon, long time no see..

I agree with the "mentor" idea; not only would it help new players who need in-game help when a staff member is cloaked / working on coding or descriptions, it would also take some some weight off the current sysop's shoulders. Basically sharing the communication side of the job - so they can spend more time keeping law and order around the game than answering questions, which, after the hundredth time may get a tad boring.
Disaster ingame.

#18 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

Wow, hey Aidon, long time no see..

I agree with the "mentor" idea; not only would it help new players who need in-game help when a staff member is cloaked / working on coding or descriptions, it would also take some some weight off the current sysop's shoulders. Basically sharing the communication side of the job - so they can spend more time keeping law and order around the game than answering questions, which, after the hundredth time may get a tad boring.

/nod
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#19 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

i would also take people with me on boss runs, as a matter of fact i have many times, well to the ones that i know anywayz lol

Neo ingame
Neo Ingame

#20 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

i would also take people with me on boss runs, as a matter of fact i have many times, well to the ones that i know anywayz lol

Neo ingame

that being gsw then
haha joking :)

i'm beginning to like how people are actually paging me ingame to take them on boss runs, is this how Gaddy feels all the time? Popular!!? :)

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 08 May 2007 - 10:49 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#21 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

i see how it is. lol. i have killed gsw a bunch lately just cuz it's always in. i did kill lyz last night too though. :)
Neo Ingame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users