Photo

Favorite RPG Weapon

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite RPG Weapon type? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite RPG Weapon type?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:07 AM

I'm mainly refering to final fantasy IV, V, and VI weapons. So what is ur favorite?
If its not listed then post what ur favorite is.
I love Claws personally and think zerkers should be able to use em in NM. :)

#2 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:48 AM

sword, always has been and always will be. I will post WHY when i get back from college, or make a post about it all.

#3 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:12 AM

guitar, to battle the evil against rock. visa vi 80's music videos (like the band busts through the wall, wails on their axe and kablamo, the squares change into big haired rockers) and tenacious d (not their music per se, but how they travel round finghting the devil and such with rock songs/balads). yeah, sweet.

#4 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:16 AM

i voted before i even read ur post :-/ i like the guns off ff7 and 8, dunno bout 4-6 lol never played em =( anyway ill just bend it a little and say i like guns anyway =) pecially vincents ultimate weapon.. mmmmm lol

#5 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:25 AM

swords, always been a sword person
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#6 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:47 AM

Bows are teh win! I prefer them above everything else.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#7 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:56 AM

I find swords are too common. Everyone wants to own a big shiney sword.

I'd prefer claws, or a razor. Something silent and small. Creep up and slit their throat, silence.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#8 gnr and safety hazard

gnr and safety hazard
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

katana all the way.

#9 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:47 PM

Now I am wishing I chose spears. Dragoons rule!

#10 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:49 PM

Magic :)

#11 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

axes! rarrrrghh!

This decision is based heavily on Dungeon Master, where Axe's were the most powerful weapons throughout 95% of the game.

I've never played Final Fantasy much.
If you build it, they will come.

#12 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:57 PM

Guns are not really suited for rp based as it's supposed to be used in torns.. someone posts an action.. the next person responds to it. by going *bang* shoots you with a gun. that's not allowing them that option. That's auto attacking. Which to most is rather annoying. For rp Pandilex listed a good set of true weapons. Some of us that are rp'ers use such items only modify them. an example

Whip - (my favorite) I'd modify to have it barb tipped. inflicting more damage. But also giving reason for my character to not be taken as lightly as some would have thought

Staff - (based on my rp) I'd modify it to where it was a crystaline staff of time. Allowing for it to become a cursed item to any but it's owner. and for it to allow the owner access to the hall's of time.
.·:*¨¨*:·.ßëttër Ôff Å£öñë.·:*¨¨*:·.
Demonskys on Main, Demonskys/Lilly on 1a

#13 Flux

Flux
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:06 PM

Pen! No one mentioned the pen! It's mighter than the...eh, whatever.
A good post is like a miniskirt: short enough to pertain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

#14 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

In a game I was once staff for, my favourite weapon (obviously made by me) was the 'Almighty Screwdriver of Head Stabbing'.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#15 gnr and safety hazard

gnr and safety hazard
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:46 PM

/slap katana...wtf....RUSTY SPOON IN THE SPLEEN all the way!

#16 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:49 PM

the staff is awesome
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#17 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:08 AM

Remember that one game for the SNES where you went around killing skeletons by bashing them with your flute?

...Yeah, that was one messed up game. >_>

((P.S. I love this game. I still have yet to beat it. I think it was called Illusion of Gaia or something.))
Posted Image

#18 Zapatak

Zapatak
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:15 AM

I go with swords, almost always when you see a movie of fantasy and adventure either set in midievil times or in a fantasy world, the main charactor almost always has a trusty sword along with them In most cases anyway. Also i like knives, i collect knives and it always feels good to have one hanging at your belt, whether your hunting in real life, or hunting in a game. Always have to have a choice of a second weapon just in case your main fails.
Zapatak ingame -zAcH-
(v)îNN€§ØT@ TïM߀®WØ£V€§

#19 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:36 AM

Plush Penguin + shotgun
Page/Memo Beatrix

#20 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:58 AM

i hate guns, hate em. if i was gunna fight somebody i'd fight them with a sword, not a gun. Like in Highlander, that would be me, no guns, just a sword :)

#21 Windwalker

Windwalker
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:43 PM

im a spear man myself

better reach, can stick all the way through and can hit them with the non pointy end lol :)
You laugh because im different. I laugh because your all the same

#22 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:52 AM

Nothing shameful in using guns for an RPG, I dont know where everyone gets the idea that RPG games have to be strictly medieval weapons....

I would choose a gun or a bow over any other weapon, but not as an only weapon. Secondary weapons such as daggers or short swords would be handy for tough situations.

Edit: I also agree with alone, Stealth weapons are the way to go. Wrist blades would be a cool stealth weapon.... retractable and all.

Edited by Bean, 06 March 2004 - 12:56 AM.

Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#23 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:57 AM

Spiked Gauntlets. Those make me smile. Your body can be the most deadliest weapon known to man. Your body will react faster than a weapon ever will.
Posted Image

#24 DragonZero

DragonZero
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:26 AM

katana all the way....gotta love that katana

(specially since i own one...hehe)
Wrong Person to mess with...

#25 Zylia

Zylia
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:02 AM

Swords in my opinion seem to be the romantic weapon of choice, if you understand what I mean. I've always been a fan of medieval era RP, so swords and the characters who wield them always have struck a fancy with me. Kind of the heroic image of the time really. You never really see the hero with a bow or a spear - they're usually the hero's allies or friends.

Guns aren't that great unless your doing a modern day type of thing........ and medieval set weapons should never be mixed with modern day weapons imo...

I voted for sword as you probably guessed, but a dagger (instead of a knife - knife makes me think of chopping up veggies) would also have been one of my top choices.

#26 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:07 PM

Chakras are pretty awesome. You know, the razor disc thing that Xena throws.

My vote goes to small, hand based weapons. You know, like daggers, and the gauntlet type things with blades on them. But mostly daggers, because they are the coolest thing ever.

Westcoast

#27 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 03:38 AM

Why are Katana AND sword both up there?

I don't see Broad Sword or Claymore up there...or Cougar Magnum or Desert Eagle...you get the point.
Posted Image

#28 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:40 PM

I would have to say scythe.

#29 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:39 AM

Maces all the way!
i mean you can crush their skull
smash some other stuff
then err put little pieces of bacon on the pointy bits of the mace and taunt your dog.
What cant the mace do?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#30 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:23 PM

good for scratching your ass too.
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users