Photo

48 Hours Of Double Exp

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the 48 Hours of double exp be limited to 4 alts? (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the 48 Hours of double exp be limited to 4 alts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:04 AM

I voted yes, would be nice for a change to not have people running around on 873289789324 alts on a double exp weekend. :(

EDIT : no this isnt my idea, something JLH suggested

Edited by Shaginator, 14 September 2005 - 01:07 AM.

Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#2 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

Theres only one crit I'll be training so voted yes, on the other hand if Alans on having 20 or so alts trained at once will suit me fine.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#3 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

i say no, cause my party i can actually live on...and lvl with...and avoid pker's with is 4-5 zerks and 2 clerics...so...make the monsters easier and ill go with that :(
Painless Ingame

#4 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:24 AM

i say no, cause my party i can actually live on...and lvl with...and avoid pker's with is 4-5 zerks and 2 clerics...so...make the monsters easier and ill go with that :ph34r:

but pkers will only have 4 alts too lol which means you aren't outnumbered . . .

Plus anyone who can actually play this game can survive the desert with 4 alts and if they can't theres the option of training elsewhere or partying up with someone else :(
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#5 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:34 AM

another number...1
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#6 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:13 AM

im with stotic
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#7 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:17 AM

1 sounds fun...but ill go 2 cause im even.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#8 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:35 AM

Training without a healer sounds like a barrell of monkeys.....

4 is good, or no Limit at all.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#9 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

i say no limit

because if dbl xp is like everything going at x2, why on earth would the ammount of alts be lowered? i understand u wanna train, but like many say "this game wasnt meant 2 be easy"

and lets face it, most areas are hard 2 train in w/ only 4 alts.

and some ppl do wanna train more than 4 alts......

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#10 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:05 AM

*Boos double exp*

I think <3 is right and Deval is just getting special treatment. It's because I know him and think he is really cool. JLH is just running double exp cause Deval is back.

Really though, that is cool.

Edited by Gaddy, 14 September 2005 - 04:07 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#11 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:47 AM

Posted Image

This is me and Gaddy when we hit the town :ph34r:
(That's Odin in the background about to get beaten up.)

I think 4 is fine, but ideally I'd like to see 1 or 2. It really should be designed in such a fashion that the entire community can enjoy, and I believe 3 or 4 strikes a nice middle ground for those who wish to use fewer alts, while still allows alt focused players to use a handful of crits, allowing both styles of player to enjoy the weekend without being overwhelmed by numerous enemies, and/or handicapping those who enjoy multitasking with many crits.

--

JLH - Nightmist says:
I'm totally throwing a giant party because your back and we :( you.

Be true, show freely to the world, if not your worst, then some trait whereby the worst may be inferred says:
That's fine, learn2play.

JLH - Nightmist says:
roflwaffles.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#12 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:24 AM

If the OP had read my announcement, he would realise i suggested only having an alt limit on Sunday not both days.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#13 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:48 AM

Bah, I'm "incarcerated" at Oxford University that weekend... I won't be allowed Internet access over that period!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#14 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

dont feel bad crane im stuck workin :/

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#15 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

dont feel bad crane im stuck workin :/

details.....details....

Existance - Main

#16 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

Same I work saturday but I will be sure to get in some double exp at some point :(
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#17 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

voted yes gives a chance for the alt abusers to take a break
ur mom sux

#18 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

I'd like to see just 4 crits each... Be alot less lag too... And it means grettle will level alot :>

Edited by Hansol, 14 September 2005 - 09:07 PM.

#19 Crovin

Crovin
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:00 AM

voted yes as well gives us a break for those who like to run the 15 to 20 thieves led by a druid or mage and actually get some training done

#20 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:36 AM

I'd rather see double exp all weekend and it be restricted to a single alt, so we can all play and train like we used to. When we used to fill our crits on healing potions to go train and make constant trips back to town to refill.

People will have to get together in parties to train in the desert, and some people may even have to be totally selfless and log on a cleric and gain very little exp from healing and stuff.

A 4 alt restriction is better than nothing but I'd seriously love to see the game played old school style :(
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#21 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

I'd rather see double exp all weekend and it be restricted to a single alt, so we can all play and train like we used to. When we used to fill our crits on healing potions to go train and make constant trips back to town to refill.

People will have to get together in parties to train in the desert, and some people may even have to be totally selfless and log on a cleric and gain very little exp from healing and stuff.

A 4 alt restriction is better than nothing but I'd seriously love to see the game played old school style :(

:ph34r:

#22 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hmmmm....
If you build it, they will come.

#23 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:45 AM

There are 15 characters online, (15 users). need alts at time of day i play, couldn't kill bosses etc useing one alt or even 4.. the game is no longer a one alt game hasn't been for a long long time, there are many other games however that are restricted to one character you could try them out sometime instead of whineing about alt abuse here.

i'd rather not have a character limit over the weekend, stop exp on my alts, take off what ever exp i will gain just don't make me play on only 4 alts :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#24 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

Hmmmm....

:(
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#25 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:49 PM

roflol

Existance - Main

#26 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:17 PM

4 is a nice number. 1 is even better. But could care less either way. I will use as many as the server will allow me too. So if you don't cap it I am running the big 10 boss man.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#27 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

First of all, the main reason most people don't like big alt parties is because they don't have the alts or their systems can't handle running more than a few instanced of the program. Limiting those who have spent the last several months/years playing with alt teams is a major inconvienience, especially when double xp is a great chance to get ahead of your routine.

However, Having a small part of the weekend limited to 1,2, 4 alts would make it interesting, without having to "waste" the whole time limited to an inneffective party. I know the places I train it makes things flow very nicely running 10 deep, if I could only run 4, it would take longer, not yield as much profit, and force me to choose which of my team members I wanted to train first. Which for me, having a team level at the same general time makes things alot smoother, and more competetive, seeing which ranger/thief/zerk gets the most hp out of the team.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#28 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

no limit

#29 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 05:28 AM

the game is no longer a one alt game hasn't been for a long long time, there are many other games however that are restricted to one character you could try them out sometime instead of whineing about alt abuse here.

A: I see no whining, just an inflammitory post.

B: If the game is no longer a one alt game, please explain the presence of the Pacifist.

Kthxbai.

#30 Perfector

Perfector
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:50 AM

he is right though alot of the time there aren't people on to help you with bosses and stuff so 1 alt is kinda rediculous, and there are those who choose not to associate with others and train and stuff on thier own and like to be self-sufficiant ... which is part of the game also, 4 would be fine for a day allowing people to use a few alts and a cleric ...id personally rather not have a limitation at all but then again i wouldn't wanna listen to deval cry because he didnt get his way :( either way I'll be on either sitting or training so I say we just let jlh decide and not worry about it guys.

Edited by Perfector, 16 September 2005 - 06:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users