Ed And Bill Are Back?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:10 AM

I am gonna step out there and say not only is it wrong to let Ed and Bill come back but to go so far as to even restore thier crits is insane.
What kind of message does this send to the rest of NM. A stand was taken against thieves in NM. Decisions were made and punishments handed out. It has been discussed time and time again. Simon and JLH you two made the decision to perm ban them based on investigations you yourself conducted and made public after they chose to continue to post over and over again on the forums.
Now all of the sudden you once again back peddle on your word and allow them to play. I don`t know who made the decision, but I would bet almost everyhing it was Simon. And all I gotta say is Simon you were once respected. Kinda view you now as someone who's word means nothing.
The game is awesome. But the drama you bring to it Simon because of your indecisiveness and total lack of respect for some players over others is ruining this game. You can lock it, ban my account the whole nine yards but let it be known that I personally feel you have slipped to the dark side and are becoming even as bad as the thieves themselves.

Edited by Momba, 31 July 2004 - 01:13 AM.

My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#2 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:21 AM

Who are ed and bill?

#3 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:24 AM

apparently thieves that were perm banned at 1 time.
Aequitas In-Game

#4 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:26 AM

Who are ed and bill?

Purplehaze and Noreaga

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:28 AM

Who'd they steal?

#6 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:57 AM

Who'd they steal?

This is just a little of the history of this whole affair. The link are the ones I was able to find from the old forums.

Topic Perm Banned...?
http://www.nightmist...;num=1064795342

I'm Cleared
http://www.nightmist...64789559;start=

http://www.nightmist...64789559;start=

There are pleny more. Check the old forums from the main page of NM. It is actually a pretty good story. Plenty of drama. I believe HBO is concidering making a movie out of the whole ordeal but can`t decide if they should do the Sadam story first.

#7 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:22 AM

Bah, if he steals again or anything, he'll be banned again.

I think he might have learned his lesson.

#8 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:49 AM

Mec...what the hell. Listen to yourself.

"...if he steals again or anything..."

"I think he might have learned his lesson"

They stole a lot. That was how they made it in Nightmist. They became good by stealing from other people, and selling the crits/items and buying stuff. They didn't learn. They will continue to steal. And they have bypassed bans in the past, along with being banned for other things such as swearing.

What the hell is this?

Westcoast

#9 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:53 AM

Unfortunately this matter isn't open for discussion, although feel free to talk about it amongst yourselves. The decision was made, and it didn't come without a high price for the people returning (not monatary for those curious). Obviously any illegal activities would result in immediately banning.

You could argue it's unfair, perhaps weigh your opinions against the opinion in the post that says "I think he might have learned his lesson". It's up to you though.
If you build it, they will come.

#10 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:00 AM

Pandilex quoted 9/29/03
Who cares, 'Ed' the notorious thief is banned forever, and so will anyone else who rises to fame as a nightmist thief.

NM thieves there is your savior

#11 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:05 AM

And 6 years ago, teachers could use corporal punishment on children.

I changed my mind.

#12 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:19 AM

I already stated my opinion via email and IM.....

I hope it won't be completely dismissed, although I have a pretty good feeling it will be.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#13 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:22 AM

Don't forget golden rule number 2, Pandilex is never wrong.

I would never make a decision without considering -ALL- available evidence and weighing it up. Still, thanks for letting me know I didn't miss anything in your e-mails. Your opinion, and everyone elses opinion was already factored so don't feel left out.

#14 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:58 AM

Edit: Had my questions answered, apart from the McGyver making a comeback one.

Edited by Thunderja, 31 July 2004 - 04:34 AM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#15 SuperStar

SuperStar
  • Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:02 AM

i didnt really want to post on this, but i will, the only reason i joined dynasty, is because well, ima PA boy, and this is a 'pa' clan for the most part, it was in NO talked about in CC, it was concieved via email, it's kind of a long and boring story, but ill cut it short, pandilex reviewed the case, and then gave proper judgement, i dont know if ppl know or not, the only 2 ppl who can confirm this, is JLH and Jurian/Supreme, just hours be4 being banned, i sent him a 18 18 21 18 18 17lvl 24 thief, which i sold on him when he shared, and along with other ppl, they recieved things, neways.. i told myself i wouldnt post on this thread, so if you'd like to talk about it, feel free to instant message me on aim (Juvenile4u2) or ingame on Primex

Edited by SuperStar, 31 July 2004 - 04:04 AM.

¦¦ i got the sickest vendetta when it come to the chedda... nucca you play with my paper, you gonna meet my barretta ¦¦

#16 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:24 AM

I'll keep my personal comments silent, but a friend did mention "It makes me sad to think that I'm donating real cash to support this kind of decision from the admins" - perhaps something others should think about.

#17 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:57 AM

jesus forgave
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#18 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:02 AM

they might have caused trouble in the past stealing or whatever... but now is different they back and have changed if you wanna complain go for it doesnt make a difference they were reviewed and were allowed back got a prob with them talk to them in game an see what you get... stop the nuts and complaining..

Edited by deadman, 31 July 2004 - 06:02 AM.

Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#19 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:49 AM

So, i'm curious. Well, I think everyone is.

Why did you let them come back Pandilex?

Westcoast

#20 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:39 AM

Unfortunately this matter isn't open for discussion, although feel free to talk about it amongst yourselves. The decision was made, and it didn't come without a high price for the people returning (not monatary for those curious). Obviously any illegal activities would result in immediately banning.

I'm guessing you mean monetary? So much for looking smart while a Dutch guy corrects your spelling. Anyways, So any illegal activities results in an immediate ban? If i'm on deathrow because i killed someone, even if i wouldn't do it again, would you let me out?

I know they were one of the worst, so how about all those other people that got perm banned. Or do they have to send in gay pictures of themselves also (trying to guess the high price).
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#21 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:01 AM

Don't Hate
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#22 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:04 AM

they back so mine well just drop it an go get your hateraid you haters
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:21 AM

Don't forget that it's not like this is the only time a perm ban has been lifted. We got Ant back after he'd gotten perm ban for trying to buy Milagros (mage with devestate) from John with real money.

Guess it's a bit different since Bill got back all of the old accounts and crits that had been perm banned. As far as I know Ant had to start over.

Can't say that it's some sort of single case thing where a person who recieved a perm ban asked to be welcomed back and was though. Ant was pretty well liked by players of NM and Ed/Bill were disliked is the only difference as to the opinions of them being back.

/me sure would hate to see the up-roar of Rich comming back. :-X
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#24 SuperStar

SuperStar
  • Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

hmmm boring ... why dont u guys get off my nuts already, im back.. end of story, if u dont like it, take it up wit me ingame and stop bein haters, lock this post plz :P

but yeh for all u " quitters " out there, why u still playin the game if u "quit" .. yeh thats more like it
¦¦ i got the sickest vendetta when it come to the chedda... nucca you play with my paper, you gonna meet my barretta ¦¦

#25 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

I'm guessing you mean monetary? So much for looking smart while a Dutch guy corrects your spelling. Anyways, So any illegal activities results in an immediate ban? If i'm on deathrow because i killed someone, even if i wouldn't do it again, would you let me out?

I know they were one of the worst, so how about all those other people that got perm banned. Or do they have to send in gay pictures of themselves also (trying to guess the high price).

As always, I really admire your cognitive logic and thinking. It was almost 4am when I made that post, and I find it hilarious that one small typo is your opening point.

People are let out of jail even when they're put in for 'life' for murder precisely for what you say - because they're not viewed as a threat to society.

Lastly, watch what you say. You're welcome to your opinion but if you slide towards libel then you won't be posting any more.

#26 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

People are let out of jail even when they're put in for 'life' for murder precisely for what you say - because they're not viewed as a threat to society.

Yup, and they get their money made with criminal activities back, oh wait...no they don't.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#27 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:54 PM

Once again, just another excuse for some of you to argue.

Angelus, who gives a damn about typos? It doesn't take a genious to go through a post looking for grammatical errors.

I'm not going to express my opinion on the actual topic, as i'm not in the least bit bothered.

1 thing I will say is though - without downright stupidity there would be no way for these people to profit from stealing.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#28 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:49 PM

Bill Stole My Heart Before Getting Banned Can i plz get it back?
Astinus on 1alt Only

#29 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:16 PM

Mec...what the hell. Listen to yourself.

"...if he steals again or anything..."

"I think he might have learned his lesson"

They stole a lot. That was how they made it in Nightmist. They became good by stealing from other people, and selling the crits/items and buying stuff. They didn't learn. They will continue to steal. And they have bypassed bans in the past, along with being banned for other things such as swearing.

What the hell is this?

In order to punish a thief, you put him in jail, usually not for life.

Edit: Awwww, didn't read Pandi's post after I said that ;-)

Edited by Mec, 31 July 2004 - 02:18 PM.

#30 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:41 PM

let tevlok come back and restore his crits/items/csotw plz :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users