Nightmist Now Works In Wine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 plugwash

plugwash
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

I just upgraded my wine install to 0.9.46 and nightmist seems to be working (I haven't tried any actual playing yet but I can log in launch a crit and see the full UI including the text in the main box).

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

That should make some people pleased! I never really thought Nightmist would suffer from too many issues because graphically it is a fairly simple program, utilising standard Windows controls and pictures and such - the only technical thing that might have been a problem (at least in earlier versions of Wine) is network connectivity.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

What is Wine?
The wine I know comes in a bottle :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

What is Wine?
The wine I know comes in a bottle :)

Ripped straight from http://www.winehq.org

Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X, OpenGL, and Unix.

Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris.

Long story short, it is a utility that allows Windows applications to run on platforms other than Windows.

WINE is a recursive acronym... "WINE Is Not an Emulator"!

Edited by Crane, 09 October 2007 - 08:38 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

ah ty for that G !!

Smiles :)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#6 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

this is what i've gotten it to do in the new OS X Leapard this is with just downloading the wine program and installing nightmist
none of the pictures show up and the text isnt the right font

Posted Image
Neo Ingame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users