Barracks Traps...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

Alright unsure of how it works, i guess if you are on one alt traps have less chance of going off if you run over them.. But what i wanted to go on here is, are pacifist's allowed to run back and forth across the traps to kill a party sitting on a square where the traps go off? It happened to me today and a clannie the other day.. and they did it multiple times to me... they barely got hurt at all if any..

should there be a punishment for this or anyway it can be fixed? paci's being one alt are having it to easy down there to do what they want..

The paci that did this to me even went as far as to page me saying that the barracks were his and if i did not leave that he would kill my alts using traps until i did..

what's up with this nuts?
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#2 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

Tony I love the way you tell other people to stop crying about stuff like this and even use it when it was a problem in chronos as mages, then when it happens to you by someone else you cry your eyes out.
Si Senior!

#3 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

I have never did anything with mages in chronos because i don't know the way there, and i never did this in barracks so what are you talking about?

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:51 AM

If staff cannot know when everyone does it, it shouldn't be bannable, it'll just make them look more bias then they already do, even if they're not.

#5 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:11 AM

Tony I love the way you tell other people to stop crying about stuff like this and even use it when it was a problem in chronos as mages, then when it happens to you by someone else you cry your eyes out.

I think you were talking about this post ryan http://www.nightmist.....ge traps&st=0 but i didn't see tony post anything about it.

And about the whole paci thing, its something that has been suggested for years..but has yet to be worked on. I doubt it ever will be.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#6 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:25 AM

hmmmmmmmm no

#7 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

The traps also affect the paci's. I have been in rax on my paci and a friend was with me on thier paci and we accidently set off traps on each other. The damage from the traps can send a paci back to their local pub (as well as any other class crit) you just have to heal yourself quickly.

I see no difference in the fact that mages, druids even can pull the same trick.

Sorry you had a run in with a rude player T. Sadly we cannot weed out the morons in this game.
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#8 £EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T

£EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:15 AM

The traps also affect the paci's. I have been in rax on my paci and a friend was with me on thier paci and we accidently set off traps on each other. The damage from the traps can send a paci back to their local pub (as well as any other class crit) you just have to heal yourself quickly.

I see no difference in the fact that mages, druids even can pull the same trick.

Sorry you had a run in with a rude player T. Sadly we cannot weed out the morons in this game.

I am the rude person, who was driving Zero_Tolerance!

Read my profile Tony, your clan has given mine resistance Everywhere we tried to train, so a few months ago I decided fine, I'll make uber gold in the barracks, equip my crits to the gill ( Like you) and then maybe I can play the rest of this game. Lo and Behold what do I find in barracks, pk'rs galore. Hmmm , so I watch as my friends who aren't paci's drop like flies around me I stand and ask what can I do. Then, 1 day it dawned on me as me and a cleric were gettin our nads shot off by cannons.

Did berzerkers get banned when people discovered they were overpowered. NO A clan rose named TR taking full advantage of this 'edge' in the game . ( 3 years ago)

Then people discovered you can smite w/ an invis zerker and not even come out of invis. This trick is still used by a few, are they banned or jailed. No.

Then there were people like you who discovered an invis paci, w jz and the visible mage, can attract all kinds of dead people. Again is this a bannable or jailable offence. No.

Stacking spells, hiding thieves when agreeing to an 'even' duel, drinking 10,000 gold potions before pk'ing people, these to me sound like misusing the system more than I did.

Point is, I will do it if I know your a pk'r until JLH himself tells me 'Heh dude dont play my game to the best of your ability'. I think its likely he'll tell me that the day after he tells us all to run around unequipped, naked and vulnerable so you Tony can kill us all.

By the way your lack of intelligence in making this post, and all of our input has just created 100 more paci's that will do the same thing now.... Yay the barracks may once again be safe for awhile =)
Twisted_Nemesis or Splinter Ingame.

#9 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:18 AM

I am the rude person, who was driving Zero_Tolerance!

Read my profile Tony, your clan has given mine resistance Everywhere we tried to train, so a few months ago I decided fine, I'll make uber gold in the barracks, equip my crits to the gill ( Like you) and then maybe I can play the rest of this game. Lo and Behold what do I find in barracks, pk'rs galore. Hmmm , so I watch as my friends who aren't paci's drop like flies around me I stand and ask what can I do. Then, 1 day it dawned on me as me and a cleric were gettin our nads shot off by cannons.

Did berzerkers get banned when people discovered they were overpowered. NO A clan rose named TR taking full advantage of this 'edge' in the game . ( 3 years ago)

Then people discovered you can smite w/ an invis zerker and not even come out of invis. This trick is still used by a few, are they banned or jailed. No.

Then there were people like you who discovered an invis paci, w jz and the visible mage, can attract all kinds of dead people. Again is this a bannable or jailable offence. No.

Stacking spells, hiding thieves when agreeing to an 'even' duel, drinking 10,000 gold potions before pk'ing people, these to me sound like misusing the system more than I did.

Point is, I will do it if I know your a pk'r until JLH himself tells me 'Heh dude dont play my game to the best of your ability'. I think its likely he'll tell me that the day after he tells us all to run around unequipped, naked and vulnerable so you Tony can kill us all.

By the way your lack of intelligence in making this post, and all of our input has just created 100 more paci's that will do the same thing now.... Yay the barracks may once again be safe for awhile =)

sorry but you pretty much dont know what your talking about

tr back in the day ONLY had ranger users there were no zerk #####s like there is now
Page/Memo Beatrix

#10 £EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T

£EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:26 AM

Rappy u didnt exist then, and with your devils advocate approach I think you pretty much still dont exist to most. I was there, and gettin zerked so don't tell me what i know or dont know.

sorry but you pretty much dont know what your talking about

tr back in the day ONLY had ranger users there were no zerk #####s like there is now
[/quote]

#11 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:28 AM

LOL Revenge of the Pacifists! I love it.

#12 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:07 AM

Is it really that big of a problem? Just like GP? We have a saying here which is totally non-sexual.

HARDEN UP!

It basically means be tough, get revenge and especially quit whining.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#13 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:26 AM

Is it really that big of a problem? Just like GP? We have a saying here which is totally non-sexual.

HARDEN UP!

It basically means be tough, get revenge and especially quit whining.

Jared, you wouldnt be saying that if it happened to you. And how can we get revenge on a pacifist???

And we need to harden up?? check your own clan.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#14 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:03 AM

i go down there all the time and never been hit. basicaly make a good map of the baracks and dont sit on squares with 2x traps on them. You just skip across both traps on your party and no one can get you.

Dont mean to be offensive tony but there is no reason why you should be killed in there if you use you head, sitting on a square with a death trap on it is just asking for trouble.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#15 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

That makes no sense what so ever Gary, and trust me, infact ask your chairman... Now WE have paci wars, and they were all in good fun.

So yeah times Tony's little paci problems by a hundred or so and now THAT is how the big boys play paci games wee man, and better still we handle it.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#16 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

god bless loosing 3 hours work and like 300k of keys each time >3 lol
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

If Rappy is infact the original Rappy_Ninja, then he was around when TR was created, I can clearly remember him annoying me back then in-game.
He's right, the main players in TR used Rangers, and the occasional thief.

As for the actual point of the thread, Thunderja got it right, Harden Up. What if there was a player you just could not kill? Would you come post on here?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#18 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Rappy u didnt exist then, and with your devils advocate approach I think you pretty much still dont exist to most. I was there, and gettin zerked so don't tell me what i know or dont know.

first of all I played this game like 15 hours a day so dont tell me what happened back in 2003

EVERYONE used like 6 alts tops and most of them were rangers you think people used 19 arch zerks with bots and 1 elf cleric like they do now ? no one could afford that bots were like 4m or something

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 14 June 2006 - 01:39 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#19 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:37 PM

I dont get it are we supposed to be impressed with how bad you are at this game or what ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#20 £EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T

£EGEÑd§ ôf thë Mí§T
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

I dont get it are we supposed to be impressed with how bad you are at this game or what ?

Nope, you r 'supposed' to stay on topic, and i never 'brag' u guys do way too much of that already. All I do is state what I've seen, ocaasionally help a nuub, and train train train.

You ever see me at ng or sg.. No .. I dont have time for the 'wanna be bad crew'.

Im here to play a game and be entertained, how bout you all?

#21 Ganja

Ganja
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

i think this is bullcrap, cause not to long ago i was on vehement and corey, JP were on thieves and me and speedy were on pacis and speedy was waiting for cor/jp to come on thieves and kill dg, before that me and cor got into a pk fight one east of square and when he came back on thieves i owned cor and jp in traps and they both whined about it. i then logged off for about 15 mins came back and arbitrary is on my butt sayin i wouldnt do that again if i were you, i told him i hadnt done it for about 15 mins and i didnt know it was bannable then he throws me in jail for about 5 secs and puts me back and tells me to stop killin poeple with traps..If im gonna get my nuts pulled about it then everyone else should to

#22 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:10 PM

It'd mean players actually complaining to staff, staff being on-line and not already busy.

But as it is, players tend to whine on the forum first. Not saying this is the case this time, but it's been known to happen.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#23 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Heh I don't think it's right either way, but whatever it happens I guess. A paci that we can not kill can sit there and terrorize a whole party killing the whole thing with traps while we can not do anything, but try and run out of the way. I don't see that as to fair, but whatever the rest of the game seems to think it's cool.

And as for the moron supposed legend, you have no clue what you are talking about. This is an instance where I would believe Rappy over someone and that is few and far between when that happens.. He has played longer than you, and knows 10 times more about clans etc then you so please stfu.

Locked by me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users