Photo

Schrodingers Cat

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Where's schrodingers cat?

Where's schrodingers cat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:05 AM

I'm bored and just want to see what the nm populous thinks of this. Schrodingers Car is a thought experiment that asks if you put a cat in a box with some poison in a bottle, and set it up so the bottle had a 50% chance of breaking killing the cat, is the cat alive or dead before you open the box to have a look inside.
Or it might just've been a really good cover up that he actually lost his cat ...

#2 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:09 PM

What exactly is the purpose of this?

I put.. dead. I hate animals.. especially cats. >.<
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#3 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:37 PM

It was actually due to degredation of particules into deadly radiation rather than poison, but meh, close enough.

And I shall now post a load of junk on Schrodinger's cat for the sheer heck of it, just because I can :unsure:

The idea is that there are two realities, one in which the radiation killed the cat, and one in which the particle never broke down, so the radiation was never released and the cat remains alive.

The theory is that both of those realities exist and overlap until the moment when you open the box to see.
In that moment when you open the box, you confine the realities, and force only one to exist so that the cat must be either alive or dead... wheras until that moment theoretically it could have been both alive and dead because the realities had not yet been decided.

Of course if the cat didn't die, but you leave it in the box because you're afraid opening the box might make it die...
Then the cat will eventually starve :)

Now of course, to say whether the cat is alive one needs to know if the radiation was released... and that is the thing which cannot be known ^^

Now... I've been told countless times that nothing is impossible, only infinately improbable... hence, improbable though it is, I shall vote 'both' even if I'm not sure I believe that B)
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#4 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

:unsure:

Very interesting =D
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#5 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

Heh... still can't believe I read that full post THX CHARON, and there goes another fine example on the counter-balances of our existance in a continual flux of reality.

Also, i said its dead.
How the hell would I know?

#6 ShymiPunch

ShymiPunch
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

Good Job! See, now this is something that is more interesting than playing Halo. Make up random experiments like this. than put some psychological crap on the end as your results and BOOM you can have your own experiment! And feel special for years to come becuase everyone will be like HMM I wonder if that's right? and do it on their own. than dead cat bodies shall line the streets and cause mass havok. YEAH!

#7 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

So when did you find out about Schrodinger's Cat? The other day on some other forums from some guy who just found out about it the other day on some other forums?

Westcoast

#8 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

At JLH's house.

Edited by Sean, 08 February 2005 - 07:08 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users