Multi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bane

Bane
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 10:09 PM

I think it's time we let Pacifists back in to the abandoned mines in Tirantek (excluding the area with Credenza), post your thoughts (obviously applies to main players only).

:)

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 06:56 PM

Why?

I recall being the cause of getting them blocked and the area made log-to-local. I was camping and/or boss-checking Credenza, which was a wildly unfair advantage a decade ago.

It would certainly be nice to short-cut the area like the old days, and there are fewer players that would be getting screwed out of any chance at Credenza's drops. 

But why pacifists in there? I cannot think of any useful thing they could do aside from collecting Drow Journal.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Bane

Bane
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 11:32 PM

Drow Journal

#4 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 11:20 AM

That comes off as rather lazy, you know, to just skip battling the Drow populace to grab the journal and leave.  Pacifists were never supposed to be checkers and examiners like that.

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 10:23 PM

Well...things that make the game take less time to play tend to be player focuses. Lazy is a lazy label.

We are still expected to spend hours to farm up keys for the chance to even check bosses.

It's frustrating.

Too many things are setup to force areas to take extra time, and most of us are pleading for adjustments to reduce time drains. Input from the few remaining players gets rejected because of fixation on game design intent from the early-2000s.

It is frustrating.

The Drow Journal and translation process was part of a very intricate puzzle 15-years ago, but it is all mapped out and explained now. Tirantek has become a time sink for tiny chance of an ultra-rare Armlet of Enlightenment, ultra-rare crafting Mithril Sword, and some mid-game gear. But rather than any short-cuts, secret tunnels, or permanent key trades - it's honestly seemed to be made less playable (Mithril Sword drop rate).

That is frustrating.

Perhaps the design should adapt. From a player perspective, staff rely on low drop rates to avoid game development, creativity, or face-lifts to areas.

Rude of me to say that, right? Because staff do not benefit from pouring hours into Nightmist. So it is ridiculous to expect of you. Well players are not paid to play or benefiting from time sinks as game design.

Hypocrisy is frustrating.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Bane

Bane
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 12:39 AM

Just quit man, game not worth playing, come play WoW with me sometime

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Multi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users