Spyglass

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guva_*

Guest_Guva_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:23 AM

I think you should to be able to see items on a square when you do /spy somewhere, as well as the monsters/players on that square too.

Your thoughts?

#2 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:24 AM

Why ?
Disaster ingame.

#3 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

Seems somewhat pointless.
Si Senior!

#4 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

makes perfect sence and seeing as spyglass goes for what ? 80k now for 1% drop thats a pregnant dog to kill ? supported they need their price back
Page/Memo Beatrix

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

Can't see why not. I'd not go so far as to let it see the contents of vaults from a square away though. It would make sense to see everything there, like looking through binoculars.

#6 Xeon

Xeon
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

Supported
Xeon Ingame

#7 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

sounds cool.. i can look in traps then to, see what people have lost :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#8 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

just going through the forums and i suggest you give the spyglass something like a 10% chance to spot the item a monster will drop.

like "a captain wyslen is there and he is wearing a spyglass" 1 out of 10 times captain would drop the spyglass would show that.

or at gsw you could spy and sometimes you would know what it's going to drop.

or something like that.
Even in death my hate will go on

#9 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

supported :(
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#10 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

just going through the forums and i suggest you give the spyglass something like a 10% chance to spot the item a monster will drop.

like "a captain wyslen is there and he is wearing a spyglass" 1 out of 10 times captain would drop the spyglass would show that.

or something like that.

na that sounds crappy, i like not knowing what things will drop makes it a bit more fun. lot of monsters that do drop something give you a clue as to what it might be anyway or they will attack you wih the wepon they will drop.. spying into traps could be useful not all of them are 100% going to kill you so you can go into the trap recover items (example of trap would be the one in the spider tunnles or the ones spread throughout the mansion grounds)

#11 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

like "a captain wyslen is there and he is wearing a spyglass" 1 out of 10 times captain would drop  the spyglass would show that.

or something like that.

na that sounds crappy, i like not knowing what things will drop makes it a bit more fun. lot of monsters that do drop something give you a clue as to what it might be anyway or they will attack you wih the wepon they will drop.. spying into traps could be useful not all of them are 100% going to kill you so you can go into the trap recover items (example of trap would be the one in the spider tunnles or the ones spread throughout the mansion grounds)

/nod be lame to already know what ur drop is before the kill .... half the fun is seeing what ya got ... and lamers could go to a boss ie the blue dragon and if it is a dragon skin log to local and not bother with the kill, and leave a lame drop for the next poor person :(
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#12 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

like "a captain wyslen is there and he is wearing a spyglass" 1 out of 10 times captain would drop  the spyglass would show that.

or something like that.

/nod be lame to already know what ur drop is before the kill .... half the fun is seeing what ya got ... and lamers could go to a boss ie the blue dragon and if it is a dragon skin log to local and not bother with the kill, and leave a lame drop for the next poor person :ph34r:

I agree with all statements above except Jurians, also if that cappy thing was right if it said it didn't have a spyglass in pocket etc, why would people kill it? :(
Disaster ingame.

#13 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:41 AM

can we get a staff comment on this plz as it is a very good idea :(

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#14 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:15 AM

I agree with all statements above except Jurians, also if that cappy thing was right if it said it didn't have a spyglass in pocket etc, why would people kill it? :(

cuz there's only a 10% chance you c it when he's actually wearing it :ph34r: but unlike you ppl i'd like to know what drop i'm getting :ph34r: but hey i don't evne play anymore :ph34r:
Even in death my hate will go on

#15 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

i will set it to include the showing of monsters and items on the square too
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#16 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:16 PM

Nicely Done!
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#17 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

/cheer JLH

#18 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

There is nothing over there. :(

#19 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

I'm not totally sure, to be honest. I feel that it could reveal traps a bit too easily. e.g. if you see a lot of discarded items through the spyglass, especially things not normally discarded outside of cities, like mana and valuable items, there could be a death trap over there.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#20 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

I'm not totally sure, to be honest. I feel that it could reveal traps a bit too easily. e.g. if you see a lot of discarded items through the spyglass, especially things not normally discarded outside of cities, like mana and valuable items, there could be a death trap over there.

I don't think this will make any difference in game play. In areas with death traps, players are either mapping (in which case they will send a crit onto the square anyway to be sure that it is a trap) or they are following a map (usually one that someone else has made). When they get lost, they usually mis-step and end up in the death trap before they know it. They don't spend enough time being lost to really use a spyglass to determine their position.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#21 plugwash

plugwash
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:19 PM

maybe we should add some areas with such screwed up geometry that noone can map them.

#22 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

and the point of having those areas would be?
Disaster ingame.

#23 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:07 AM

i will set it to include the showing of monsters and items on the square too

Will this be added soon?
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#24 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:19 AM

next update, any day now
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#25 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:33 AM

Sweet! And the response time!

Gotta love that admin team :(
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#26 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:57 AM

Also should say if a player is hidden. ;-P

#27 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:22 PM

It already does...
Si Senior!

#28 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:46 AM

By show if a player is hidden---he means separate hidden from showing players.
As in, if a crit were invisible on square, it might say something or show up in a different color.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#29 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:57 AM

By show if a player is hidden---he means separate hidden from showing players.
As in, if a crit were invisible on square, it might say something or show up in a different color.

that would be cool and pretty :(

#30 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:45 AM

Just a (Hidden) by them like they do in parties would be fine.

Sorry - I should've gone into more detail, but it was like 3 am. lol

*Patiently awaits the new update*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users