Newbie Ranger In Need!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bladeofexile

Bladeofexile
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:36 AM

ok, can anyone give me a brief overview of all the ranger skills, thier purposes, uses, and levels best used at?

#2 Eden

Eden
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:15 AM

ill go from top to bottom as they appear in the skills window..

track: you use this on a player and you follow them like you were in their party, useable instantly (as far as i know). best used when to trying to kill someone thats running from you or for when you want to cast party spells on certain party members and not others. (if that doesnt make sense, dont worry about it)

hypnotise: loweres an oppenent's chance to hit for a short time (when used on another player). on monsters it changes the way they follow, or how often they attack. its based on the charisma of the ranger using it, and the charisma of the target you are trying to hypno. best used in duels to make things hit you less, 'cause, ya know, thats a good thing. not sure, but i think you can use this from lvl 1.

forage: available at lvl 1 again i think (been awhile since my rangers were lil'). in forests you can find food, and in deserts you get free water. best used when starving to death >.>

dual shot: makes the ranger hit for a bunch more than regular attack, but is only usable with a bow. usable at lvl 15. best used until you get the next ability, rapid fire, for killing just about anything, the exception being using a torch in the swamps.

rapid fire: yay for not having to hit that macro over and over again. rapid fires uses all your stam for what amounts to a stream of dual shots. same damage, but much faster. despite being shown as individual attacks, you cant heal/drink pots inbetween them, so very good for killing other people. you get this ability at lvl 23.

not an ability but worth noting: at lvl 25 you get an enchanted bow :D not only is this much shinier than what you've been using until now, it does a bunch more damage and is magical :D (crystal rings for all!)

flaming arrow: pretty pointless, lvl 28 ability. its like dual shot but has the chance to poison for, check this, 1 damage. used in duels when you want to use one stam to come back to 5, but other than that, not important.

hope that was helpful (im super bored atm). to sum it up, just use attack until dual shot, dual shot until rapid fire, and rapid fire until someone thinks it'd be cute to give rangers smite so zerks aint the only stupidly overpowered class out there.

got any questions memo me and ill try to sort ya out. :D

Edited by Eden, 01 February 2005 - 03:17 AM.

They say sing while you slave and I just get bored..

#3 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:31 AM

its like dual shot but has the chance to poison for, check this, 1 damage

hope that was helpful (im super bored atm). to sum it up, just use attack until dual shot, dual shot until rapid fire, and rapid fire until someone thinks it'd be cute to give rangers smite so zerks aint the only stupidly overpowered class out there.

I must say "lmao" to those 2 above statements.

#4 Tec1337

Tec1337
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:14 AM

Berserkers aren't overpowered when you know how to counteract them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users