Diablo 3

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Sooo is anyone planning to play Diablo 3 when it comes out?

From what I gather it's going to be released in November or December. I'm not sure which month, but it will for sure be out in 2011 so that's good. I remember there was quite a lot of us Nightmist players that also played D2 pretty hardcore back in the day so I figured I'd check to see if anyone's going to be playing D3 when its out too. I remember playing D2 with my boys Dev, Rich, Rappy, and a few others back then. Hard to believe how long ago that was.. Back when D2 was huge.

But yeah I'm pretty damn pumped for D3. I remember when World of Warcraft came out I always said this was just a pit stop until the next Diablo game came out. Didn't think that pit stop would last this long though :|

So if you're planning on playing, what class are you going to play? I'm not sure what I want to play yet. Barbarian looks epic and I did love my baba back in D2. Every class looks really fun though for the most part, but I'd say Barbarian or Demon Hunter will be what I go with.

Oh also Blizzcon is in a couple months so we'll get the official release date for Diablo 3 then I'm guessing.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#2 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

I was a hardcore D2 player. I will definitely be playing D3.

#3 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Religiously..
Freek ingame.

#4 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

I loved D2. . . Man that was back in middle school I think. About the same time I picked up Nightmist roughly. . .

I have only watched a couple trailers but it looked awesome. I'll probably pick it up!
Autek in game.

#5 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

The Diablo 3 Beta has offically begun. Well it's the Friends and Family beta but there is no NDA on it surprisingly so there's tons of info coming out on it. www.diablofans.com has great info there and mmo-champion.com also has some new info about it posted today. And for anyone around right now check out http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nomsayin - This guy is streaming the beta right now and plans to stream it off and on over the next few days or so I hear. Looks amazing so far and I for one cannot wait. I just hope it's out before the new year. I can't take playing World of Warcraft much longer. I needs me my Diablo fix.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5237 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

It is weird that I was really thinking I might hop onto Diablo 2 again just to play around cause it was such a fantastic game, even if it's a decade old...

At least, it is weird considering that I had no idea Diablo 3 was even in the works. I really thought Blizzard had "replaced" Diablo with World of Warcraft, even though Warcraft was such a different style...
Anyone want to babysit a semi-n00b when D3 is out? Cause I'm game to roam with some Nightmist folk.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

Yeah I've missed Diablo 2 so much recently. I tried to get back into it a couple years ago but it was changed so much from when I played back in 02ish. I'll def play with you though Gaddy when the games out if you're still planning to play then along with any other Nightmist players who want to play too. Versionone/Ronnie from the old Nightmist days has promised he's going to play too so he'll be there for any who remember him as well.

I reaaaaallyyy do hope they allow us to play with people from any region like D2 did because I had many people I played D2 with from the UK including my boy Dev. Speaking of which if you read this Dev you better play some D3 :lol:

Oh also check this link out, http://www.ownedcore...eta-photos.html There's some previews of how some of the abilities will look and what not from the beta. The Wizard spells look really good. Which is great because I'll either be playing Wizard or Barbarian now that I know more about the classes.

#8 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

hey mark, remember Debbie_Gibson? Haha..and andys tal rasha sorc.

funny! :lol:

And yes. I'm waiting for Diablo III. I've been waiting long.

Its rather witch doctor...or a Barb!
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#9 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

I was always a barb, but you couldn't beat a sorc doing hell cows, no way.

I was really annoyed when they adjusted the party exp so you couldn't leech in cows haha.

Edited by Zelimos, 11 September 2011 - 02:28 AM.

#10 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

hey mark, remember Debbie_Gibson? Haha..and andys tal rasha sorc.

funny! :lol:

And yes. I'm waiting for Diablo III. I've been waiting long.

Its rather witch doctor...or a Barb!

Hahaha wow yeah Debbie_Gibson frankys old zon. She was a beast! Glad to hear you're pumped for D3 too though. They better let us US players play with UK players again though or I'm gonna be prettty angry. I'm assuming they will since they did for D2, and I haven't read anything to the contrary yet. We had some epic times on D2 that's for sure :lol:

I still keep going back and forth on what I think I want to play with D3. All of the classes look amazingly fun to me, but I gotta pick and focus on one at launch to level up quickly. I'm still thinking Barb or Wizard at the moment. Frankys leaning towards Monk last I heard too.

And yeah Zelimos, when they killed being able to power level via hell cows it made me very upset too, lol. Patch 1.10 was the death of D2 for me really. And speaking of Hell Cows, looks like the new 'secret level' in D3 is going to be a Pony and Unicorn level rofl. Will have us killing ponies instead of cows this time. Should be hilarious.

#11 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

i plan on playing.
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#12 Devour

Devour
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

cant wait for it
teh primex...

#13 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I'll be playing as soon as it's released as well. I'd be down for running around with you guys and whoever else. He'll, we could sit in the NightMist channel. :lol:

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#14 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

Just waiting for closed beta invite. Then its GG
Freek ingame.

#15 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

D3 got delayed officially until 2012 :lol:

So sick of waiting for it! Guess I'll be playing some Battlefield 3 or SWTOR til it's out =\

#16 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

It won't come near D2 anyways. Games back then had areas made using algorithmics where it would change every time you played the area. Gear drops went by percentage where you could get the most awesome gear early on if you were just lucky enough. Games now are controlled till the tiniest detail. It won't be the same.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#17 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

I'm pretty sure, like 95% sure, that D3 is going to have the same thing where areas are always different when you play them. And gear drops are the same as they were in D2. Higher magic find percentage equals higher chance of finding great items. Just like it was in D2. The only difference is each person sees their own loot. So when you kill a boss everyone will see a different version of loot drop based on their own magic find and luck. This way the person whos luckiest spam clicking the ground won't get the items without even seeing what it was.

I could be wrong on the map changing detail, but I'm almost certain I'm not. I do agree this won't be the same game D2 was though. I think it will be better in many ways than D2 and of course worse in many ways. But it's still going to be Diablo.

#18 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Not even a release date announced for it at Blizzcon. I really hope it's not being delayed so they can push out a crappy console port. =\

#19 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

I just got into the Diablo 3 Beta today. Has anyone else got into it yet? It's really amazing. I didn't think it would be as polished as it is but I think it will be better than D2 in a lot of ways. Well better than old D2 that is. Diablo 2 after patch 1.10 came is garbage so it's not hard for a game to beat that. But yeaah it's really nice.

Just really irks me the beta is so short. I beat it in under 2 hours my first time playing. I really am at a loss at why they won't add anything more in the beta past Skeleton King in Act 1.

Edited by Exor, 08 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#20 Animosity

Animosity
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

had friends beating it in like less then 1 hr, i personally dont like the layout from videos/photos i've seen. but who knows.
ÄñïMö§íTÝ owns you.gg owned thx k bai.
Posted Image

#21 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Damn at least you got in.. I would love to get in lol
Freek ingame.

#22 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Eh it's a lot more fun than you'd expect from the pics/videos. I didn't think I'd get into it that much either, but so far it's way more polished than D2 ever was. Whether or not it will be more fun than D2 was back in it's hay day in 2002 remains to be seen tho

But since I've beaten it on every class and you can't level past 13 I'm just going to go sell it somewhere. It being the account with Diablo 3 beta acquired. It's crazy people are forking over $200-$300 for accounts with D3 beta on them. And lucky for me the account that got D3 beta wasn't my main account with my WoW account linked to it. So I won't be losing my WoW account when I sell it.

But yeah the beta was fun. I dont' see why there isn't a release date for the game yet though based on how polished the game is already. I worry they're delaying releasing it so they can make a version for consoles. Which makes me gag just thinking about it. Sharing servers with console tards who can't even type sounds about as fun as a kick in the balls.

#23 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Welp I was wrong about it coming out in 2011, but now it's finally near us. May 15th folks. So now that it's officially coming out in under a month who's planning to play and what class are you going to play?

Also it was confirmed by Blizzard that Diablo 3 will NOT be region locked. Which means it will be just like D2. Brits can play on US servers and vice versa freely. I know a lot of people were hoping it would be like myself included.

OH OH Before I forget. You can go play the Diablo 3 beta RIGHT now this weekend. It's an open beta so those of you that haven't tried it out should right now.

#24 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wizard > Demon Hunter > Monk

Religiously.
Freek ingame.

#25 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Anyone else getting errors when trying to play the beta?
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#26 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

Yup. I've been experiencing errors since I downloaded the client last night. However, the announcement said that this is perfectly normal due to server stress testing and to keep trying. I eventually got on and played for an hour earlier. Level 5 Demon Hunter ftw! :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#27 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

I just got into the Diablo 3 Beta today. Has anyone else got into it yet? It's really amazing. I didn't think it would be as polished as it is but I think it will be better than D2 in a lot of ways. Well better than old D2 that is. Diablo 2 after patch 1.10 came is garbage so it's not hard for a game to beat that. But yeaah it's really nice.

Just really irks me the beta is so short. I beat it in under 2 hours my first time playing. I really am at a loss at why they won't add anything more in the beta past Skeleton King in Act 1.

Yeah, I just got my hands on it for the first time this weekend during open beta and it still ends after killing the Skeleton King. I put 3 hours and 12 min on my Demon Hunter - I wonder if I should try the others, too! :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#28 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Yeah not much has changed in the beta since I last played it in December. They didn't add any new content as you've seen just the skelly king still. But they did re-do the skill/rune system completely since I last played so that was nice to experiment with.
I've played everything now to level 10ish and I actually enjoy all the classes. The Monk feels a tad weak and I worry about his strength in end game since it seems to me his abilities cost too much spirit (His resource). I'm having the most fun though on the Barbarian and Demon Hunter. Will still end up playing Barb for my first/main class come launch though. Ahhh I can't wait until it's out. May 15th can't come soon enough for me.

Also Blizzard is resetting the ladder for D2 May 1st or 2nd I forgot which. Lots of people who haven't played D2 in years are going to go back and play it when the ladder resets for a last hurrah type thing for the two weeks between it and D3's launch. Think I'll be joining them too. I haven't actually played Diablo 2 in years. Last time I got on just to mess around I was disgusted at how it ended up. Nothing but bots advertising and spamming. I mean there always was that even back in my day on D2 in 2001, but it was never like this. Guess that just happens with age.

#29 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Was persuaded by a mate, just now downloaded it and playing beta. Playing wizard, so far and loving the fact I don't need to drink mana pots (or in this case arcane) every couple of spells. Will probably pre-order if it doesn't take a turn for the worst.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#30 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Man yeah that was nice to see there was no need in potting at all in D3. Wizard is really fun, but it's a bit disappointing that their cooler spells can't be used until higher level. I recommend you try out the Barbarian if you didn't already have plans to. After you finish with the Wizard that is. It feels the most fleshed out at least in terms of low level playing like in the beta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users