• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 rebel_blaidd

rebel_blaidd
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:54 AM

i was just thinking that there could be a fine for pking

i was looking at the intrest idea for banks and i thought maybe there could be fines for things and it would certainly make people not want to pk so much if they got a fine for it

but maybe there could be a way to get out of it like running away like a fugitive having guards trying to capture them at every turn the fines could then go to the bank in like a special account which could then help with intrust and other things

like maybe city survices or something im still thinking this through so i know it will probally get flamed go ahead lol

#2 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:40 AM

Pking is a good thing in many cases.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#3 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:05 AM

i think you should have a chance to get caught, and go to jail for a bit for murder, but i highly doubt that either will happen.
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#4 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

:P lol as the majority of nightmist sits in jail or goes broke paying fines :P
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#5 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:10 AM

yea this is kinda a dumb idea especially for the peeps wit higher level crits but itd help leveling on the other hand pking is just so fun taking that away may cause a drop in people playing

#6 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:36 PM

well, what your saying here is sort of non-sensical. outside of town there is no order or authority, nor are there witnesses to keep track of who kills who.

however, if you were to kill someone where guards are present then there should be super cool consequences such as not being able to show your face in town without guards attacking you and being marked with a bounty to encourage players to kill you inside of town. but that's a whole other idea that's been done to death.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#7 Xien Pk

Xien Pk
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:24 PM

Bah, I don't pk because I know howmuch it sucks for the ppl that are trying to train.. or get gold HONESTLY, with PK'ers don't seem to understand 'working' for what you have. they'd rather steal sombody elses hard work! PIS$'Z ME OFF!!1
Wew7zorxx

#8 Xantam

Xantam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

This idea is gay. Pk'n is one of the only cool things to do on this game. :P

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

well, what your saying here is sort of non-sensical. outside of town there is no order or authority, nor are there witnesses to keep track of who kills who.

however, if you were to kill someone where guards are present then there should be super cool consequences such as not being able to show your face in town without guards attacking you and being marked with a bounty to encourage players to kill you inside of town. but that's a whole other idea that's been done to death.

I think if that were the case, I would start PKing again just to play with the guards...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

let me type somthing to you now

killing 1 person makes your a murderer

killing 20 people makes you a monster

killing 100 people makes you a hero

killing 10000 people makes you a concoquer(cant spell it but who cares)
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#11 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:33 PM

concoquer

It is spelled Conqueror, just for future reference if you use it again.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#12 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

i was just thinking that there could be a fine for pking

i was looking at the intrest idea for banks and i thought maybe there could be fines for things and it would certainly make people not want to pk so much if they got a fine for it

but maybe there could be a way to get out of it like running away like a fugitive having guards trying to capture them at every turn the fines could then go to the bank in like a special account which could then help with intrust and other things

like maybe city survices or something im still thinking this through so i know it will probally get flamed go ahead lol

:P sounds like someone got pked :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

#13 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:35 PM

How can killing someone make you a monster yet killing more people would make you a hero?

#14 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:04 AM

wouldnt killin 20 ppl class u as a serial killer? or a mass murderer? :P
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#15 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

No, PKing is part of the game.

It's just not realistic to have so many murderers.
Perhaps some people could be designated as 'sheriffs' and be able to handcuff pkers and bring them to justice.

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:20 PM

No, PKing is part of the game.

It's just not realistic to have so many murderers.
Perhaps some people could be designated as 'sheriffs' and be able to handcuff pkers and bring them to justice.

P U ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:21 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe a good way to get back at em is to stop running and maybe..i dunno...hit back?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#18 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:53 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe a good way to get back at em is to stop running and maybe..i dunno...hit back?

lol
Page/Memo Beatrix

#19 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

P U?

Anyway, woohoo, pkers.

Deal with them.

#20 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

I have an idea! Everytime someone gets pked, a random pacifist is deleted!

#21 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:21 PM

I have an idea! Everytime someone gets pked, a random pacifist is deleted!

Yay, i like that idea :P
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#22 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:05 AM

There is a good way to get pks, lvl 20s will kill pkers, Have a lvl 15+ mage with invis, and have a friend on a pacifist lvl 25+ with JZ, cast invis on the paci, and wait till a lvl 20-30 to attack you or whoever the bait is, the fighter will get hit back from, and if out of stam, the bait will tell paci to let JZ down, and bait can attack, no stam to run, the attacker is dieded. I do this "all" the time south of NM so watch out.

#23 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:41 PM

I've always thought of this..

Maybe some kind of NPC shows up in some pk cases.

Nightmist Gaurd (or arilin gaurd, harabec gaurd, yada yada yada)

But here's the cool part, PKing in some areas of even the city would be allowed.

i.e., Bank, Pubs, Vaults, Restuarants, would be nopk, but guilds and training arenas and the street would be a pk zone. SGH would be nopk as well. When you murder someone on the street, a huge ass strong npc city gaurd comes and tries killing you. Here's a good solution to a complaintiffs problem: they always say thieves are too underpowered, well, if a true thief assassinates someone on the street, they'll stay covert, and the victim never knows what happened. Then, when the NPC Gaurd(s) show up, they'll simply look around for the covert assassinate.

They would go away after being killed, or after 5 minutes. Therefore they will follow the killer whereever he/she goes, attacking her/him.. even if the area is a nopk zone, the gaurd will continue to hit the murderer. When you hit the gaurd, even if you weren't the pker, ur screwed now and got another gaurd spawned hitting you. :P but, if your a covert thief, and no one casts vision, then you can wait the five minutes out and get your ass out of there.. It needs some work, but personally I think it would be cool to kill someone and have to role play the escaped criminal. If the PKer is killed by the gaurd, they have to spend a day in jail.

FYI: this would not affect out of city PKs, only in city kills.

Dunno if its good, but I've been thinking about it for a while

:P

~
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users