Pacis Shouldn't Drag Things.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eden

Eden
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:20 PM

In my mind the fact that monsters follow you is to keep people from just running through harder areas, instead of killing the bad guys out there that are meant to be killed. As an almost immortal class, this isnt a factor... just cast gp and a paci can go anywhere, running past god only knows what pretty much unscathed.

But, in doing this, they drag things around making areas LOADS more difficult than they are supposed to be. Example.

A Desert Snake, Desert Snake, Marauder, Marauder, Marauder are over there.

People familar with chronos will understand that although marauders are not -that- hard to kill, three at a time is pretty bad. the lag from the three of them camouflaging themselves over and over again nearly lagged me out :(

But it isnt just chronos, all over the game pacifists drag things they can't kill, and i suppose it isnt their fault (though the occassional tarma potion wouldnt hurt :P).

My solution, pacis either just don't drag things at all, or they only drag things that are undead. Sure, this makes things a little easier on pacis (i dont have a paci, but have used a friend's on a few occasions so im speaking from conjecture more than experience) but as i said before, monsters really can't kill pacis anyways. Most importantly, it keeps them from moosing up areas and keeps me from thinking of horrible things i'd like to do to that deity.

Any thoughts, or some important factor i might have missed? post :D
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored..

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:44 PM

One of the biggest problems that I have seen with this is Pacifists being able to drag kill-to-pass monsters. There was a time when Pacifists would drag Hydra Hatchlings around.

I don't know much about Chronos, but if the Marauders are kill-to-pass, then Pacifists should not be able to drag them. The solution to that, in my opinion is to set kill-to-pass monsters' chance to follow to 0%.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

Funniest thing ever was when Pacis could drag the vinewhip toll out of its hiding place.... I tried to drag it to nm northgate but got it about 2 squares then the thing killed me :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users