Photo

Are Fighters Under Powered?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the fighter class under powered. (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the fighter class under powered.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BlueCrew

BlueCrew
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:43 AM

Im wondering if people feel the same way as I do. If you think of a way that they can regain strength please reply.

#2 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:57 AM

Fighters aren't underpowered, they are just unoriginal/boring.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#3 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:07 AM

I'm with Deval. They're not underpowered, just lacking...spice.
Posted Image

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:27 AM

You know, that is the best description for a Fighter that I've ever seen!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:11 PM

They're still weak I think. My fighter hits for less, by a good bit, than my other crits. My rangers get basically the same ac as him (ling fighter and ling rangers). + no type of abilities and what not...

Not only are they boring, there is nothing good about them.
They used to have 6 stam, but zerks took that and added being able to do basically double the fighter damage and have hp over 500 (ac or not that's a lot of hp).
Ranger's have their armor, druids and mages own all armor with their spells anyway.
Everything can use attack if it wants to...

....What is the appeal of using a fighter at all anymore? I keep Lancaster around just to keep it real cause he's my original, does fine for me I guess, not like I can point out ever poor thing he does since I scroll all alts.

Edited by Gaddy, 06 July 2004 - 02:12 PM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

I like fighters. Fighters are the punks of Nightmist. Back to basics crits. They don't have spells and abilities, because they just have raw power. Think about it. They don't have spells that can power themselves up when they are training alone, like Paladins. Spells like that are the Wonder-Bra's of Nightmist, making things seem better then they are. I say keep fighter's the way they are!
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#7 BlueCrew

BlueCrew
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:08 PM

Yes strong, mighty, tanking, fighters that dont have ne thing special and cant walk in a straight line. I see fighters like the drunk at the bar....he can throw punches all night but in the morning its gonna hurt. Lets do somthing to take the hurt out of our drunken fighter.

#8 Xantam

Xantam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:23 PM

I dont think Fighters are underpowerd but like stated above they are really boring to play..but i think that one of there greatest qualities is in the simplicity. It doesnt take much thinking to run a fighter around...I dont know for others but for me is good on those nights im watching tv and playing at the same time i can react fast and with out hesitation. I do think that they should get a "special" move or ability just to make things interresting :P

#9 The Matrix

The Matrix
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:25 PM

Maybe fighters could have different sword abilties like slash, stab etc

Just an idea...

Edited by The Matrix, 17 August 2004 - 03:25 PM.

#10 Maximas

Maximas
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:01 AM

I like fighters, they are my favorite classes. I like that fighters keep it simple having no special spells/abilitie but of course thats the only way i guess to equal them to other classes. *shrug* I have no ideas atm how they can be improved without overpowering.
blah!

#11 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

BEEN SUGGESTED 58349583094 TIMES BEFORE

ADD STANCES
Page/Memo Beatrix

#12 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:19 PM

At Arch my dwarf fighter was hitting so much more acurately, maybe not as hard, But he could round alot, came 30hp shy of rounded a 482 master zerk. They have the stamina and the skill, just no flavor, how many of you really want to click off 6 attacks when everyone else does a one click? But no, they are not 'underpowered'
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#13 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

i voted yes...their underpowered..cause they arent as good as other classes...allthough i cant say cause they can actualy hit pretty good...hard and actuaret...allthough they dont hit hard and enough all the time...and you gota click SSOOOO much...i think just damage should be raised little and chance of missing should be lowered..thats just my opinion

#14 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:04 AM

fighters are underpowered

1on1 they lose

3on3 they lose

they lose

#15 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

only time fighters are good is in 3v3 triplex or in moshs because they are semi hard to kill sometimes
Page/Memo Beatrix

#16 Moon

Moon
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:46 PM

Yes, fighters are very under powered. My main is a fighter and I been having him for a long time now. Mine is halfling and the damage he does sucks. With dwarf damage is a lil greater but not by much unless if spelled up. Also yes fighters do very good against zerkers cause they have no armor. But what bout the classes with armor. Fighters hit them yes but with their armor not for much and also with their armor fighters do half damage alot or get blocked alot. They dont miss too much but they do get alot of half damages and blocked damages. Therefor fighters are very unpowered. Seein as though no other classes get half damage unless they regular attack which they dont cause it would be pointless for them. I like the critical hit % rate for lvl ups if that was to be put in the game it would be a nice attribute for fighters and would give fighters something to look forward to. And also would give them a chance on maybe actually beatin some of the other classes.

#17 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:23 AM

Actually i dont think they are that underpowered if you got arch fighter with a BoT on lvl 30 spelled against a zerk its a 99% chance that the zerk will die they hit in the 100+'s spelled(at least for me) maybe they should have some upgrade but they hit fairly good and barley miss so dont complain and if you dont like fighters get another class...
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#18 Moon

Moon
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:10 AM

problem is every other class dont need spells unless if its that class like cleric of course they need spells thats why they have them druids thats why they have them and yes fighters barely miss but when you do half damage every hit and 25% damage alot cause of armor blocking and shyt then you dont do jack and yes zekers are the only class that fighters do good against so blah they are very underpowered in basically every aspect thanx and i do have lvl 30 fighter and for them to do any kinda decent damage yes they have to be fully spelled so whats the point

#19 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:21 PM

problem is every other class dont need spells unless if its that class like cleric of course they need spells thats why they have them druids thats why they have them and yes fighters barely miss but when you do half damage every hit and 25% damage alot cause of armor blocking and shyt then you dont do jack and yes zekers are the only class that fighters do good against so blah they are very underpowered in basically every aspect thanx and i do have lvl 30 fighter and for them to do any kinda decent damage yes they have to be fully spelled so whats the point

It was hard reading that.

I agree with Rappy stances are a must and maybe up the power a little bit.
Stadic Ingame...

#20 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

fighters are good tanks when you are killing bosses. Meaning, they can take a good bit of punishment(thus taking hits for the softer crits), and they can deal out a respectable bit of damage to the monster as well.
BeEp!

#21 ushka

ushka
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 10:14 AM

I think yes. Maybe a bit more AC because druids,mages and rangers have similar/more ac basically negating the fact that fighters are meant to be tanks.
Maybe some defensive abilitys instead of offensive?
zerker = hard hitting
fighter *should* = defensive powerhouse

I think an ability that boosts ac or reduces enemy damage. Plus faster hp regen why tank if you get 1 hp every 30 secs (i think its 30)

:P

#22 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:37 PM

nah, fighters should be well-rounded. Paladins should be the 'defensive powerhouse'.

but i agree, fighters and paladins alike need more armor. not as much as druids and mages get with spells, but more than all the other classes
BeEp!

#23 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

Fighters need improvement !
Out of all the classes fighters need a change the most.
There have been some great suggestions!
Make them hit harder and miss less is a great idea ;)
Hell give them 1 more stamina even (7)

Just please give them something to stand up against the magic users!
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#24 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:23 AM

Wow. Old thread.
Anyway. My arch fighter (with bog-standard eq) beat my arch beserker round after round in my tests. Both normal and with spells.
This was on a turn based strat. Both ways, even if the Beserker got to go first.

The thing that appears to 'underpower' them so much is the lack of a 1-click skill. Now I know Druid/Mage classes don't either. However, they've both had an overhaul in the recent past (since reset, that is).
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#25 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:10 AM

Well, Fighters are simply a classic role play class, as far as I know. They're really just there to soak up damage, and deal a lot... but as far as mine go, they aren't as effective as berserkers in dealing damage, since thier hits are subject to armor blocks. Maybe just get rid of, or lessen the possibility of those armor hits. They really get irritating, especially when training on things you wouldn't expect to have armor (such as tables and chairs, which obviously don't have any type of armor, unless they're made of steel, etc.).

#26 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

lol, I remember when my brother got taken by someone to fight these "awesome monsters that give you loads of exp and uber gold" by some guy. Turned out to be tables and chairs, and when we laughed, the guy got really offended and said we could go if we didn't like it....guess what, we did ;)

True story :wub:

PS. Fighters are pretty much second most useless class behind pallys :wub:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#27 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

Over and over again i hear people say, Fighters can beat zerkers, Thats great? WTF ELSE CAN THEY BEAT? I put full armor on my halfling fighter, including sentinel shield, full dexies, roa's etc and fought a hunter with no dexies on. This hunter hit me as hard as i was hitting him (and i was using Cobalt Staff). We did several duels w/o pots, he beat me multiple times, and when we each took 5 potions and did a duel, me with a vamparic weapon only beat him by 150hp.... The fact that a completely unequiped hunter can nearly beat/beat a FULLY equiped fighter just proves how completely underpowered this class is.

Adding stances is a fantasic idea, Giving fighters abilities that force a boss to attack them, raising their armor/health/stamina/damage/damage reduction may also be ways of giving the people who like using fighters, myself included, a chance to actually have balanced fights.

I have always felt that a well equiped, and well played char, regardless of class should be able to beat any other class if they outplay that person, but that is not the case with fighters vs. anything but zerkers. I lost to a level 26 druid with my full geared arch fighter.

Fighters are highly useless atm and there is absolutely no point in using a fighter because they get almost no more armor than a halfer ranger, they can't do any dmg to a mage/druid, and can only really stand up to zerkers.

I like many would simply like to see this class made viable. I personally would love to see fighters made into tanks for bosses like so many other games do with their warrior classes. Yet with fighters having never been changed since i began playing this game years ago, i don't see any iminent changes on the horizon.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#28 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

quoting
Adding stances is a fantasic idea, Giving fighters abilities that force a boss to attack them, raising their armor/health/stamina/damage/damage reduction may also be ways of giving the people who like using fighters, myself included, a chance to actually have balanced fights.

The problem with that though, is that if things changed with fighters... the next big thing would be 3 arch clerics and 17 arch fighters.. And you'd see the whole game hit the rocks.
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#29 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:56 AM

Im so glad you people agree with me
and yes it is very true there has been no changes, improvements
made to the Fighters since ??? prolly never

Sadly they take quite a while to hit arch and the druid on the other hand
takes less time to arch and can beat a fighter blindfolded ;)
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#30 Oliver

Oliver
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:33 AM

quoting
The problem with that though, is that if things changed with fighters... the next big thing would be 3 arch clerics and 17 arch fighters.. And you'd see the whole game hit the rocks.

game already has hit the rocks ;)

if after the millions of suggestions of 'improving fighters' and jlh still hasnt done anything, is he going to start now?

Start begging for the impossible change to pallies, so they go back to pre-reset, and can regenerate all of your stamina with one spell... maybe that will happen *slap* another ikaros, and baros combo... now that was a team.

Edited by Oliver, 08 July 2006 - 03:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users