Hasta Luego

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:11 AM

For those who know me, I'm in the military and I'm being deployed overseas. I will be gone around 7 months and more than likely won't be returning to game. I'm thankful for the 1a server and it has been a blast playing and experiencing all the ups and downs. Don't be afraid to loosen up and just enjoy the game. :ph34r:

There's far too many people to mention so this goes out to everyone. And most importantly, to all the good times in MD and I know you all will keep rocking.

Have fun,
- Rob
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#2 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:20 AM

you got my email and phone number....hit me up jizzmopper

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#3 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:18 AM

Oh, cripes, not another one. :/

Please stay safe.
Thank you for defending our country.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#4 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

Good luck on that flying ship of yours. Stay well and return one day!
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#5 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

Good luck over there. it will feel like forever, and it will suck. but youll get through. *hugs* Fair winds and follwing seas. (im Navy)
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Rob, I salute you, for your work protecting our asses irl and for protecting our asses ingame ;p

Someday, maybe again.

<3

#7 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

<3 you Robbie.
You got my number, hit me up with a text anytime.

MD loves and misses youu!

:ph34r:

Corinne in-game.

#8 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

What's up everyone? It's been about 2 months since I started my deployment and I thought I'd pop in to let those who care know how it's all going.

We went underway and stayed underyway for over 35 days (which is considered a long time) before we hit our first port. Thank God we pulled in when we did because I was sure my sanity was about to slip from it's final thread. Then to my rescue, we pulled into Singapore. Singapore is an Asian dominant country and is only 4.5 times larger than Washington D.C. It's an independant island country located right between Malaysia and Indonesia. After exchanging my Amercian dollar for the Singapore dollar (which I call "funny money" because it looks like Monopoly money) I headed out to town to my first destination. Hooters.

Unfortunately I didn't purchase an uber t-shirt that was obviously labeled Singapore, but I don't feel much remorse considering I have maintained a clear recollection of the fine Asia woman :ph34r:

However, not all woman in Singapore are as charming. Thanks to Singapore I experienced a "Buy-me Drink" bar for the first time. Functioning very similiar to a small pub, these bars offer karaoke and something a little bit... different. Lurking all through-out the bar are Philipino woman who come to the country looking for a job, husbands, and well.. just a fun time. They scout you out as soon as you take your table and come over a flirt with you, looking for you to buy them a drink. Of course, I blindly threw countless bills their ways and was easily confined by their scheming ways.

Just kidding. As far as sight seeing is concerned, I ventured to the west coast of the Island and explored the "Chinese/Japanse Gardens". There were many beautiful gardens scattered over a large amount of land and each side had two temples. Very nice pictures, indeed.

The only other interesting thing I have to say is that Singapore is very, very clean. You can be fined up to 500 dollars for just chewing gum. Craziness.

So if you're looking for a place with good weather, shopping, hospitality, Asian woman (or dudes), and Nazi laws, go and visit Singapore.

- Pure, OUT!

#9 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

!!!!!!!
Freek ingame.

#10 DemonSkys

DemonSkys
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

I miss your laughing Rob. Hurry up with this tour crap and come back! Some of us miss hugs! lol Take care with the armed services thing. I'm not a firm supporter of the political propaganda. But I'm sure you do your best.
.·:*¨¨*:·.ßëttër Ôff Å£öñë.·:*¨¨*:·.
Demonskys on Main, Demonskys/Lilly on 1a

#11 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

Rob I miss laughing too .. just at you not with you! haha jk ;) hope all is well bro and wish you a safe speedy return! see you then dood. :ph34r:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#12 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

yea karoke for the win, plus the pirates in singapore ! zomg go pirates (real ones actually inhabit the waters surrounding singapore if you peeps didnt know, and rob my dad wanted a harley t-shirt from singapore, said he'd pay ya, can you manage that?)

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#13 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Right now I'm in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Mwhaua.

I'm pimpin' with my madzor skill.

[More details to follow once I leave this rag-tag country].

#14 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:41 AM

hope its treatign you as well as can be expected. come back safely.
Perhaps one day maybe I will understand PAIN. Why it is and how it has to be. Until then...

#15 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

Holy hell! After approximately 50 days of being underway we finally pulled into the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Unlike Singapore, I'm not going to dive into all the juicy details quite yet because, well, their just too grand I think your minds would just blow up.

I was able to log-in for a short period of time and I just wanted to say it was awesome seeing those special people on-line (you know who you are) :ph34r:

Also, special thanks to Wes! ;)

#16 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

I was in Dubai last week, where abouts in UAE you at?

Sounds fun.
Disaster ingame.

#17 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:29 AM

/t Puremourning >>> i am currently in U.A.E., got some projects to finish here for the next 2-3 years. first thing i want to ask you is "how you like them gov. blocking most of the good sites?" : / suck huh?

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#18 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

I'm in Jebel Ali. Fun stuff.

I will be able to get on NM all through-out the day tomorrow. Hope to see some of you!

#19 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

Well, well well.... after traveling three-quarters of the way around the world and hunting pirates for months on end I am finally closing in on home; Hawaii.

I will be gone around 7 months and more than likely won't be returning to game.

*slaps self in the face*
As some of you may have noticed, I have been more active on the forums lately. This is not coincident. I will be returning to the game in a about a week. How terribly active I will be depends on a few things but I will definitely be in-game nonetheless.

Following up on previous posts:

After leaving Jebel Ali (for the second time) we headed Southeast torwards Australia. Our first port call was in Freemantle (30 min. away from Perth) and this took us south of the equator. Perth was a very nice place but killer expensive. This my friends didn't allow me much options. Thinking economically, I volunteered to participate in a humanitarian project which gave me the oppurtunity to vist a wildlife park and take care of koala bears, koala bees, quokkas, ostriches, and of course kangeroos.

After leaving Perth we headed to Tasmania. I did not have the desire to seek out any Tasmanian devils because I felt I had enough animalistic adventure in Perth (and I heard from a local that they can "tear your face off") so I did the custom "touristy" stuff. Tasmania is a small island province (or state) of Australia and only has at the maximum 500,000 people. There's a lot of out-door stuff to do there so I decided to mountain bike down their infamous Mt. Wellington. Fun times, mates!

Tasmania impressed me most with their genuine hospitality. People there seem to care less about materiliastic things such as money and they have a general sense of happiness. There's practically an invisible barrier between social classes and everyone generally treats everyone with respect. Very nice people!

P.S. - Not too mention, the females are pure foxie! Oh yeah, if I ever go back I'd probably be hitched in two weeks. Max.

Seeya soon,
- Rob

#20 ketchup

ketchup
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

"After leaving Jebel Ali (for the second time)" we headed Southeast torwards Australia.

You went back?!?!?!?! Dude!!!! you know my office #, told yah, imma set you up with some hot russian women... /snowball rob

Jc

1alt : Titan / Viper / Exellency / Rampage. Main : Predator / Frostie

#21 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

lol

wb :ph34r:

pirates ftl
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#22 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

Officially back.

#23 Night_Angel

Night_Angel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Welcome back.
Glad you made it home safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users